Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello All -

I have a question - saw my GP today, and everything is fine. Thing is I am feeling quite lethargic, spacey at times, and and some new aches and pains. I do not feel like doing anything.

Is this normal after surgery? :)

I have lost 10 pounds since I had the band 12 days ago. That made me feel great :ohmy::thumbup:

I see the bariatric doctor tomorrow. :Dancing_biggrin:and am looking forward to that.

Gwendolyn Smythe

G.S.~ I feel like I have to say something about your post. First, make sure and express your symptoms to your bariatric MD tomorrow. There could be something going on causing you to feel this way. I had the same exact feelings/symptoms a couple weeks after surgery. I went to see my surgeon, sure there was something really wrong with me. (keep in mind, I am a nurse practitioner- and thought I knew everything). My Dr's response was "I told you lots of things but I never once told you you would feel GREAT after surgery." It was true. You won't feel "great" until later, as your weight starts coming off and you start physically and emotionally "feeling better". You have drastically cut your calories from what your body is used to. You will be in withdrawal for a while. Your body is using your muscle to fuel itself- this causes lots of toxins in your body. The most important thing you can do is to follow your dr's instructions to a T. I am not sure what stage of food you are on- still on liquids? soft? How much Protein are you getting in..etc. If you aren't drinking enough fluids, it's usually the number one reason you are feeling bad. But going from 2000-5000 cal/day to 1000 cal a day takes getting used to. You also had major surgery and need to heal. But they need to rule out infection/blood pressure/blood sugar issues first. If all that is ok- then it's just your body getting used to it. You are doing great, keep up the good work.

I still haven't caught up on all the posts (just read last two pages and Julie's summary).

Eva~ what a wonderful story about your MIL. Gave me chills actually. Sounds like you are doing a lot of activity- does that tree have dirt yet?

Julie~ WTG! I hope the guys at mayo find some answers for you.

Janet~ Another puppy? I missed that. I thought you just got rid of one? You are so right about what used to be our portions.

JB~ glad you got the fridge fixed.

I am feeling better. I think I will go to the gym tomorrow. Still stuffy/sinus/slight cough. Probably something from the plane- everyone was sneezing. I have a fill scheduled for tomorrow. My ticker advised me I hadn't updated in more than 80 days and I about passed out. Hadn't really realized I had plateaued that long. Time to get going. I have a fire under my ass now. I am thankful I have not gained. I have never gotten maintenance under my belt EVER. So this is an accomplishment for me. I have lost 1000 lbs probably in my 43 years- but have always put it back on. Although I am not proud of my stall- I am proud that I learned where I can stay to not gain.

Such a busy day. Finally have everything unpacked and put away. Laundry all done. Nelson is eating again. For dinner he had green peas, grilled chicken, apple slices, cantaloupe and tomatoes. (he went 8 days without eating fruit or veggies in Paris- still not sure how he kept pooping!) Now he is craving the few that he likes.

ok- now my chill time. Hi to you all- sorry if I missed someone. peasout.. Laura

Hi Peas,

Must admit I did not want to really read what you wrote, but forced myself to do so. The reason I am afraid to tell the bariatric doctor how I am really doing, I am afraid he will say - he has to revers the band.

As you can guess I am on cloud 9 since I had surgery, I don't want the band touched.

I am following the nutritionist plan to a T - I was banded 12 days ago, I am on Liquid Protein and some mush. I have approximately 300 to 500 calories a day. I usually make the Protein quote - liquids I am up to about a quart a day. She wants me to drink 2 quarts a day.

I have high blood pressure, and it was higher today when I went to the doctors.

I know what you are saying is correct - I will talk to the doctor tomorrow.

Thank you for setting me back on the straight and narrow path.

Gwendolyn Smythe :)

Good Evening Gang

It is quite isn't it - with Apples & Great not here ;0)...

Gwen - Like Laura said you have just had major surgery - Blood pressure always goes up when you see the doc ;0) it's all that waiting..

Just get your Water in and Protein - give it some time - each day will get better..

Laura - OK girl - I am going to be cop on you ;0) - Gym at least 3 days a week - OK !!!!

Glad Nelson is eating - lol - my DS & GS don't eat fruit and they still poop lol.... You are too funny - you are lucky he likes fruit and veggies - Brooke & Kaitlin do - but the boys don't..

Well didn't make yoga - had weights w/Idrise tonite - came home played with the dogs (Laura we got a replacement puppy - a yorkie - I think you knew that - look on fb - I have pics) boiled a chick for chicken tacos for andrew and didn't know what I was going to eat with it - but the broth looked so good I make Soup - threw in some carrots - onion - squash - onion - couple brussel sprouts since I didn't have cabbage and my home make salsa - it's waiting for me as I type - Answered a newbies post - feed the dogs - and it's almost 9... (8:42)..

So gang I'm headed for the couch - CB in the morning

Hugs & Love to all..

Hello All - I feel like I get a :present: every time I read all the posts. Thank you all for sharing what is going on with your lives.

I have a question - saw my GP today, and everything is fine. Thing is I am feeling quite lethargic, spacey at times, and and some new aches and pains. I do not feel like doing anything.

I did go to the gym today, and walked 15 minutes on the tread mill. Is this normal after surgery? :) I have lost 10 pounds since I had the band 12 days ago. That made me feel great :ohmy::thumbup:

I see the bariatric doctor tomorrow. :Dancing_biggrin:and am looking forward to that. Well that is it. The 12 step programs are great. Congratulations to your MIL. Gwendolyn Smythe

Maybe it is too soon to walk on the treadmill that long. Did your doctor say that was okay? Was that your first time to the gym since surgery?

7_5_141.gif

Good Morning Gang...

Happy Tuesday !!!!

Only 3 more days til the weekend... I live for them ;0)

Not much to report - had my Soup for dinner (will have for lunch today ;0) watched Boston Med and went to bed

Gwen hope you are feeling better today - Tell us how you doc appt goes..

Linda posted some nice pic's on fb of her nieces wedding..

Greats DH testified - it went well she posted on FB..

Phyl When is Joyce suppose to get here internet back

Well got hit the shower cbl

Julie, Glad you got to talk to someone from the clinic and hope you get some satisfactory answers soon!

Would love to see a photo of Mimi and the puppy! We are so much enjoying our little puppy and she is keeping us both busy and helping us get some extra exercise!!

I will definitely keep you posted on our travel progress. We only drive about 200-300 miles per day. We're planning to leave about Aug. 13-14. So... have yet to plan the route, but I think it will take us through Bismarck. If we can possibly work it out, would love to meet you, too.

Me too! Me too! Me too! Even if it just has to be short and sweet. But, the offer still stands on buying you and DH lunch or dinner. Better keep a tight hold on Zoey though!:)

Hi All...just got home. Catching up with posts and have a full day ahead so most likely wont post till this evening.

Great weekend. Deck party was a success and soooooooo lucky I made extra food. We had way more ppl than we expect. Was not a scrap of food left and served for a bit over 5 hours. We laid in bed that night so happy that we decided to do this party. So important to maintain friendships...even just casual ones. Later.

Welcome home Apples !!! Glad your party was a success.. But I knew it would be - you are a fantastic hostess with the mostest ;O)....

TTYL

Just popping in to say hi! Welcome back Apples!!!! Glad the party was a hit- you are the best hostess! Would LOVE to go to one of your parties. : ) Janet, Soup will be on my menu tonight. On my way to get a fill. Wish me luck. : ) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!! xoxo Peas

Hi gang, I'm running behind again... Terrible thunderstorm last night and I didn't get to sleep until late and this time it wasn't my shoulder keeping me awake!!!!

Phyll wrote me to ask for another copy of our personal information list I complied before our Orland trip.... It reminded me that Joyce asked to be on that list, so I updated it and sent it out to the 16 people who are already on it..... If anyone else wants to be on it prior to our Vegas trip, please e-mail me with your information...... address, home and cell #', e-mail address, and birthdate....... I'll be happy to add you all to the list... The phone numbers come in handy especially during the time of the trip.....

Which reminds me that I tried to call Jessica when I had my list out and the number she had listed has been disconnected.... Has anyone had any contact with her?? I'm not concerned anymore, I'm worried.... I'm going to try an e-mail as I know she moved since she gave me this address.......

Gotta go for now.... Mimi and my mother are coming for the afternoon... Mom and I are going to work on wedding flowers...... Yeah..... this is not where my talents lie....... Fortunately her's do..... Bye for now... Julie

First picture from left to right is my SIL, DB, Me at wedding.

Second picture from right to left is me, DN, DS, BIL at an art festival.

Third picture is DB, Me and DS at wedding.

Fourth from L to R is nephew's gf, nephew (brother's son), neice (brother's daughter), DS (mother of bride), SIL, BIL (father of bride), DB, Nephew (brother of bride), me and Neice (bride -- in her going away outfit).

First pic is BIL, Me and DS at rehearsal dinner. Second is DN and DS (Mother of bride). Third is me and DH.

Here's the last of them. I was so mad cause a few days before the wedding I ran into something at the gym and got a huge bruise on my arm. It was awful!! First pic is DS, bride, DN and me. Second is me and DH.