Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Just a quick check-in. Came home in the middle of the night. DH's mother passed away from a heart attack last night. Wake and funeral plans are not yet in place but they are thinking Sunday/Monday.

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes on that damned appt yesterday. 5.5 hours in the chair...mouth feels like hamburger. At least it is not throbbing like last night. Absolutely no sleep. Romoved top gums in front and behind teeth in front, drilled down 10 teeth to prep for caps and placed 6 permenent caps.

Will have a house full for the next week. Gotta go do linens and beds. Later.

Apples, hugs on the dental work... that is a lot of stuff to do in one mouth... but think how much it will be worth it when it is finished... a Beautiful, healthy smile :cursing: :wub:

Just a quick check-in. Came home in the middle of the night. DH's mother passed away from a heart attack last night. Wake and funeral plans are not yet in place but they are thinking Sunday/Monday.

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes on that damned appt yesterday. 5.5 hours in the chair...mouth feels like hamburger. At least it is not throbbing like last night. Absolutely no sleep. Romoved top gums in front and behind teeth in front, drilled down 10 teeth to prep for caps and placed 6 permenent caps.

Will have a house full for the next week. Gotta go do linens and beds. Later.

Oh Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is difficult especially after the dental surgery. You and your family are in my prayers. HUGS for you and family. Take care of yourself.

Hi guys~ Thanks for all the empathy with the "change" peri- meno- loco coco phase of my life! My mom was REALLY a mess during her "change". Dad even bribed her with a convertible if she would go on HRT. She did! She felt better with HRT, but still will never know if that contributed to her cancer. DH asked me if I wanted a car..LOL. I said, "It's frikkin 98 degrees today- who the hell wants a convertible?" Mom was in foothills of NC with hers. Funny though, I inherited that car after the Peace Corps and DH and I had our first date in it Mercury Capri. We were in Orlando at a pharm. conference and I knew the town better than he did, so he wanted me to drive. Had our first kiss in that car too.:cursing: I just found some photos of it. Mom and I went on a week long road trip together back in 97 for my 30th bday. Drove down to Key West. Wow- a time I will never forget.

Apples~I know you thanked already ahead for thoughts- still had to say it. Hugs. Hang in there. Give DH a hug from us all and say the girls have you guys in our hearts and prayers.

food is going good- had around 100 cal yest. Decided to only add a yogurt yesterday and stuck with shakes the rest. At night the "air escape" sound goes away but was not hungry. Such a rare occurrence that I decided not to eat solids for one more day. I KNOW I can't live on shakes- but decided to try and kick start my weight loss. I need to learn to EAT CORRECTLY, but for now... time to lose.

Today had coffee (50) and a Starbucks Vivanno (18 gms Protein, 270 cal). Had TWO bottles of Water and now just had a Yoplait Greek Yogurt (130 cal, Protein 12g). Discovered that I can make a shake with crystal light and frozen strawberries (~50 cal for 1/2 cup) and protein isolate powder (80 cal, 20gms protein) that is tolerable. It's not GREAT, but by not adding milk, knock off 90 cal. I CANNOT drink Muscle Milk anymore. You guys know I was such a big advocate of this product for a LONG time! LOVED the 100 cal cans. Well......... they have done something to them, and it ain't good. The last 6 that I have tried (bought at random/different places) had clotted lump type stuff in them that LOOKED like spoiled milk. (It doesn't have milk in it and it tastes ok... it just has this FUNKY texture. Nothing worse than drinking a liquid and suddenly get an unexpected SOLID in the back of your throat!) Does anyone else drink them? My sister had the SAME thing in NC and won't touch them now either.

Update on my sister. She is now down to 182, wearing size 14/16; so lost 100 lbs. (she is post-op Gastric Bypass June, 2009). She is not doing ANY intentional exercise. (but does a lot around the house and says she does 10,000 "steps" a day on her pedometer). She says she is eating 1000 cal a day. (my mom said she is eating more like 2000, but is losing). She lost her Cobra health insurance and now that she is unemployed for 18 mo., also found out that b/c of her gastric bypass RNY, history of hypertension and on anti-depressants that she is UN-INSURABLE. She cannot get approved for any policy. (according to her). Has anyone tried to get individual insurance since their surgery? Curious.

I will cbl, but wanted to say hi while I had the time. peasout.. Laura

Hi guys~ Thanks for all the empathy with the "change" peri- meno- loco coco phase of my life! My mom was REALLY a mess during her "change". Dad even bribed her with a convertible if she would go on HRT. She did! She felt better with HRT, but still will never know if that contributed to her cancer. DH asked me if I wanted a car..LOL. I said, "It's frikkin 98 degrees today- who the hell wants a convertible?" Mom was in foothills of NC with hers. Funny though, I inherited that car after the Peace Corps and DH and I had our first date in it Mercury Capri. We were in Orlando at a pharm. conference and I knew the town better than he did, so he wanted me to drive. Had our first kiss in that car too.:cursing: I just found some photos of it. Mom and I went on a week long road trip together back in 97 for my 30th bday. Drove down to Key West. Wow- a time I will never forget.

Apples~I know you thanked already ahead for thoughts- still had to say it. Hugs. Hang in there. Give DH a hug from us all and say the girls have you guys in our hearts and prayers.

food is going good- had around 100 cal yest. Decided to only add a yogurt yesterday and stuck with shakes the rest. At night the "air escape" sound goes away but was not hungry. Such a rare occurrence that I decided not to eat solids for one more day. I KNOW I can't live on shakes- but decided to try and kick start my weight loss. I need to learn to EAT CORRECTLY, but for now... time to lose.

Today had coffee (50) and a Starbucks Vivanno (18 gms Protein, 270 cal). Had TWO bottles of Water and now just had a Yoplait Greek Yogurt (130 cal, Protein 12g). Discovered that I can make a shake with crystal light and frozen strawberries (~50 cal for 1/2 cup) and protein isolate powder (80 cal, 20gms protein) that is tolerable. It's not GREAT, but by not adding milk, knock off 90 cal. I CANNOT drink Muscle Milk anymore. You guys know I was such a big advocate of this product for a LONG time! LOVED the 100 cal cans. Well......... they have done something to them, and it ain't good. The last 6 that I have tried (bought at random/different places) had clotted lump type stuff in them that LOOKED like spoiled milk. (It doesn't have milk in it and it tastes ok... it just has this FUNKY texture. Nothing worse than drinking a liquid and suddenly get an unexpected SOLID in the back of your throat!) Does anyone else drink them? My sister had the SAME thing in NC and won't touch them now either.

Update on my sister. She is now down to 182, wearing size 14/16; so lost 100 lbs. (she is post-op Gastric Bypass June, 2009). She is not doing ANY intentional exercise. (but does a lot around the house and says she does 10,000 "steps" a day on her pedometer). She says she is eating 1000 cal a day. (my mom said she is eating more like 2000, but is losing). She lost her Cobra health insurance and now that she is unemployed for 18 mo., also found out that b/c of her gastric bypass RNY, history of hypertension and on anti-depressants that she is UN-INSURABLE. She cannot get approved for any policy. (according to her). Has anyone tried to get individual insurance since their surgery? Curious.

I will cbl, but wanted to say hi while I had the time. peasout.. Laura

You are doing well, eating lightly... bad news on the insurance for your Sister... that really sucks, as now she is healthier than she was before the surgery... I thought that NO one was supposed to be denied insurance anymore....? So if she needs a doctor can she still go to a walkin clinic or what does she do*(&?

Laura, my son is self-employed and has hypertension, takes antidepressants, and had lap band. I think he pays 1500 a month for the family. It is probably expensive being that she is unemployed.

My DH had bypass last July and he has lost 95lbs. He is walking with me in the evenings.......but he needs a trainer to help him with exercises.

Peaches, thanks for sharing the bit about control. It hit the nail on the head for me. I was doing so good maintaining until my life spun out of control with this move and all. My family teases me about my control issues. I was so freaked out about the anesthesia during my surgery and not the actual surgery and DH said, of course, you don't want to give up that control LOL In many areas of my life I think I have gotten better, I used to drive my kids nuts, but this is something I definitely have to watch. Thanks so much.

Laura, Take the car! LOL Just joking. I know what you are going through and it's rough. It hit me when I moved from California to Philadelphia. I became and empty nester (kids were living at home still in CA but stayed in CA while we moved east) and put a whole continentent between us, the hormones were raging, I knew no one out east and everyone was so unfriendly back there, DH was working all the time, I wasn't sleeping and I literally thought I was losing my mind. My dr there didn't take my complaints seriously and I felt so alone. When I got to Denver, I got a female doc she ran some hormone tests and just verified that I was indeed in the change. Just knowing that helped me somewhat. It did pass and get better but not for a year or two.

Let the games begin!!!!!!!!! Why is it that siblings get soooooooooooooooo funky at a time like this. Pulling together would be a better option.

So...let's all say this little prayer together:

God grant me and DH the strength to NOT knock the ones misbehaving on their A$$. (Is it OK to say God and A$$ in the same sentence? Don't want to get struck down). Thank you for listening, God. Amen

Oh Gosh! My last post sounded crude. No, we are not "hitters" and we will stay out of the messes. Just need a lot of self-restraint. We can do it. We can do it. We can do it. There, I feel better. Thanks for listening to my vent

Apples, you don't sound like a 'hitter' at all. Just someone that needs to vent, vent away. I feel that way with our siblings all the time! DH and I talk often of what it will be like when something happens to either of our parents, especially his.

Apples, you don't sound like a 'hitter' at all. Just someone that needs to vent, vent away. I feel that way with our siblings all the time! DH and I talk often of what it will be like when something happens to either of our parents, especially his.

Both DH and I are good of staying out of his 5 sister's crap. I really don't know how they are all going to survive until the funeral on Monday and the days after. If today was any indication, my bets are on the heavyset sister.:rolleyes:

Are any of the sisters staying with you?

Is your son still in town?

DH stays out of his sister's drama as well, though she likes to try and push his buttons and draw him in. The last time she did it via email, that didn't go so well.

Will be sending some extra strong prayers for some super duper strength!

Not sure how many or which siblings are staying here yet. We have 4 guest rooms so can accomodate a few. I really don't mind having guests and, thank God, I had just given my house a pretty good cleaning. I just came home now to make the beds and make supper to take into the family. Parents moved off the farm 3 yrs ago to a town about 15 miles away. I have a beef stew in the oven and making bread to pop in the oven in a bit. Made them all lunch and came home to prepare the bedrooms.

DS is still here and working on a golf course for a friend about 80 miles from here. Living in a motorhome on the course while he works from them. He has interviews coming up but not until the 9th. Grand Forks...about 5 hour drive. I can handle that. Better than cross country.

Apples, you don't sound crude, as Lori said, just needing to vent. My DB and DSis just made amends in January from the feud/fight they had when my DM died in 2003 - so trust me, I know how bad things can be!!!!

Hang in there -- we're all praying for you and the family.

Peaches, glad you are able to understand and see your issues -- mine aren't quite as clear to me. Just knowing what is pushing your buttons has gotta be helpful -- you are sounding mentally healthy -- I commend you.

Linda

Apples, you don't sound crude, as Lori said, just needing to vent. My DB and DSis just made amends in January from the feud/fight they had when my DM died in 2003 - so trust me, I know how bad things can be!!!!

Hang in there -- we're all praying for you and the family.

Peaches, glad you are able to understand and see your issues -- mine aren't quite as clear to me. Just knowing what is pushing your buttons has gotta be helpful -- you are sounding mentally healthy -- I commend you.

Linda

Oh Good! Now I can say what I REALLY want to say!:rolleyes: