Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Well back from gym - the regular teacher was there today (had a sub the last 2 weeks) well Rose (who teaches boot camp too) is harder than the Yoga instructor - but good not too bad.. Enjoyed class and worked up a sweat..

Apples - no you don't sound bad - it's funny how we all have family issues - no wonder we ate ;0) - I agree that most of us try to break that mold - OMG you are sneaky in a GOOD WAY..

Eva - ya I hate emotional issues - I mean I was wiped out by them on Friday.. All your yard work is exercise - but for hiking you are going to need diff muscles - get on your pliates machine ;0) - are you having storms ?? I really haven't watched the new - but saw a glimse last night rain your way..

Great must have went camping :0)

Charlene - I know you went to chruch this a.m. - is today your off day for exercise..

Gwen - How are you feeling...

Jodi - Julie - Linda - Jessica - Judy - Pam - Melissa - Joyce ?????

Nope, no camping this weekend. DH & I opted not to go once DS couldn't go. No sense driving 5 hours when we have close by places so we were going to do that, but DH really wants time to get his garage in order and just feel more organized since moving in. Between putting in a yard, unpacking, travelling, etc. it still feels like we aren't settled and living unsettled like. I keep reminding him we've only been in the house 2 mos. but he doesn't listen. LOL So we've been homing working on projects here. Just hung the last of the blinds on the windows and adjusting those now. I've tried keeping up on posts, lots of deep stuff going on. It's been a tear jerker weekend in a good way. It just shows how so many of our issues that we may have buried with food are still there only thing is, now we are dealing with them in a healthy way and no longer burying them. So keep venting away.

Apples, I so appreciated what you wrote about your MIL. DH & I wonder too how we could've come from such disfunctional families, we worked hard to break that mold and enjoy a close bond with our kids as well. It's our parents who are now missing out on a great relationship with their grandkids. My MIL played favoritism so bad with DH's sisters kids that mine feel like they don't matter. Now MIL wonders why mine don't come around and visit much. It goes back to you reap what you sow. Then my mom started in on me one day how she feels like she doesn't even have grandkids (mine are the only ones) and I let her know maybe it has to do with the time you invested when they were young. She didn't like it but she doesn't bug me anymore about it. LOL I have never heard the words I love you from my parents. I made sure my kids went to bed nightly hearing it, and even as adults it's how we end almost every conversation on the phone or say good bye in person. And I intend to invest lots of time with my grandbabies! We can't change the past but we can certainly change the future. And I believe the past is what has made me into what I am today, it's how we deal with that past and move forward. Unfortunately for years I stayed stuck in my past and didn't deal well with it and ate and got fat. Now I feel that I am dealing with things and moving on from them.

Laura, what a beautiful story you told Nels about the bird and the kangaroo. He's very lucky you came into his life. I am glad such a bad day was followed by such a good day.

LauraK, you are not being selfish, vent away! This place is a soft place to fall and we all have our turns venting and growing and healing.

Janet, sorry you had such a rough day as well. Teenagers are tough, yes even 19 yr old ones, and I think they stay teenager-ish into their early 20's.

Eva, hope you can get some rest. We have directv and have had it for years, we are happy with it. DD's husband and DH's brother are both Comcast employees and give us grief though LOL

Well I better go help DH some more, just snuck away for a bit.

Oh and no Janet I didn't go to the gym thsi weekend, do plan on tomorrow though. Some how I tweaked my back though and it's driving me nuts.

Janet, Yep, I went to church at 9:30a, but we walked at 6am. The humidity is down to 45% and it is so nice. We(dh) plan on walking at 8p tonight. I think it is going to be 101 today. It feels like your neck of the woods. lol.

I got on this thread when Andrew was 16.....I guess in my mind he is still young. You are a champ! My baby boy is moving in next week. lol. He told me yesterday to stock up on groceries and coffee cuz "baby boy" is moving home. He is 36, but he is my baby boy. I hope he only stays a couple of months. Meanwhile, DD, the oldest one, leased her house because she can't afford the note, but doesn't have a place yet. Sorry, the guest room is taken. She will have to fight bubba for it. lol

While cleaning closets I found a Biggest Loser stability ball kit. It is for core exercises. Yay! Just what I was looking for. Another QVC purchase.

Apples, I am glad you can share with us about family. I think that is what makes us so close.

Laura, sounds like Nels is the right age to introducing him to his beginnings. He is such a loving boy. You are truly blessed.

Eva, boy, I wish I had your strength. You burn plenty of calories in the yard.

Lori, are you home yet? How was camping?

Julie? How's it going today?

Linda, where are you?

Laura K, woohoo! 4 miles!!!!!!!!! WTG. I am glad Janet keeps us on our toes.

Hey All,

Hanging in there not much to report same old same old feeling down. Not using my tool not working out. I am still in the same funk. Trying to work on my own plan but sort of like Janet's. it is so hot outside it has been in the very high 90's sometimes 101. I feel like my old fat self, depressed self hating and complaining.

Sorry to be a bummer I have been stuck like this for months. I am experincing this self defeating behavior I want to punish myself hurt myself in some way not food. Just having terrible thoughts and no I do n0ot want to leave this earth and yes I take something for anxiety and depression

Edited by 1day at a time

Oh Melissa, I am sorry you are so down. I can so relate to how you feel. I was there for months.......and there are days I still feel discouraged. I just know walking has helped me more than anything. Start small. Jump in on the challenge Janet has started. Janet's menu has helped me too. HUGS for you today!

Oh Melissa, I am sorry you are so down. I can so relate to how you feel. I was there for months.......and there are days I still feel discouraged. I just know walking has helped me more than anything. Start small. Jump in on the challenge Janet has started. Janet's menu has helped me too. HUGS for you today!

**I missed Janet's challenge can someone repost it**

CALORIES«CARBS«FAT«PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg677«71«21«49

food so far today....

Change of plans. I was all ready to go to the gym at 9:45, went to PICK up Michelle as it was my turn to drive. When I get there, she still has her pj`s on.... apparently she had called me yesterday and said that she wanted to go to her AA meeting Sunday morning instead....

but since I didnt get the message and showed up at her house she invited me to go to her AA meeting with her. I`ve been unable to find an OA meeting in my area so I figured..... One 12 step meeting is as good as another so I went. I am so happy that I did.... there are so many similarities in `>`Behaviours`> between Drug addicts, Food Addicts, Alcoholics.... I could see alot of my self in other people`s stories... it was way cool.

Met some very nice people and I did not feel `strange`there amongst them at all... very welcomed in fact.

So no exercise for me today! Monday morning is 30/30/30 class and we ARE going to that... apparently its 30 mins cycling, 30 minutes of STEP, then 30 minutes of Yoga... sounds good to me.

Candice (aka Peaches9)

**I missed Janet's challenge can someone repost it**

In a hurry, no time to post, but if you go back a page or two you will find it.

Editing to add: Hope that didn't sound rude, just in a time crunch. Sorry but wanted you to be able to find it.

Edited by Great2BThin

Melissa - Here you go baby girl

For those who are still in their weight loss phase -

Exercise 1 hr a day 4 x a week - but I really want you to push it to 5

Pple who are maintaining - 3 to 4 times a week - 1 hr a day

You gotta report every day what your exercise was...

Today is the start of a new week

Me - 1 hr Plios (sp) combination pliates & yoga

Melissa - Exercise will help your moods - do you have a gym you can use??? I know that I can be in a terrible mood - but after an hr of working out I feel better - it gets those endorphins going - it really truly does.

This morning I really was still tired didn't want to go but after 1 hrs of moving and sweating I felt better..

When I went to Target this afternoon - I wanted sweets - picked up tiny sugar Cookies in the bakery section 3 = 130 cal oh that's good - then said Janet - do you think you will stop at 3 - if they are good (they looked soft) Nope was the answer- so back they went - Then was in the candy isle - looked at this reese pb chunk thing 600 cal total if you ate the whole thing (3 servings) I would eat the whole thing - said - naugh you don't need it - back it went - then in the frozen food section - on sale pillsbury flag sugar cookies (I know these are good) only like a $1 - said oh you could only bake 3 at a time - well why would I heat up the oven for 3 cookies - nope put them back..

Got some splenda vanilla ice cream 90 cal 1/2 cup - ice cream cone 20 - Those I will eat only 1 - 150 max (just in case I go over the 1/2) That will be my sweet treat - that and cherries & watermelon

Do I want the sugar - yep - it's my drug of choice - but I do have control - I choose not to buy it.

You have control too - just say Melissa get up off you sorry butt quit feeling sorry for yourself - there are pple out in the world who have it way worse than I do - I am going to get dressed put on my sneakers and go for a walk. Throw on your ipod and hit the pavement... Walk right past the bakery or ice cream store or mickey d's and say "F U" I am stronger than you are !!! Just do it - put one foot in front of the other don't think about it - act like I'm with you - we are walking - and talking - you know all the things I would be saying to you - don't think just do - I'm with you every step of the way..

Then come home and tell me how it felt... Bet you a million bucks - you will want to do it again tomorrow..

Nope, no camping this weekend. DH & I opted not to go once DS couldn't go. No sense driving 5 hours when we have close by places so we were going to do that, but DH really wants time to get his garage in order and just feel more organized since moving in. Between putting in a yard, unpacking, travelling, etc. it still feels like we aren't settled and living unsettled like. I keep reminding him we've only been in the house 2 mos. but he doesn't listen. LOL So we've been homing working on projects here. Just hung the last of the blinds on the windows and adjusting those now. I've tried keeping up on posts, lots of deep stuff going on. It's been a tear jerker weekend in a good way. It just shows how so many of our issues that we may have buried with food are still there only thing is, now we are dealing with them in a healthy way and no longer burying them. So keep venting away.

Apples, I so appreciated what you wrote about your MIL. DH & I wonder too how we could've come from such disfunctional families, we worked hard to break that mold and enjoy a close bond with our kids as well. It's our parents who are now missing out on a great relationship with their grandkids. My MIL played favoritism so bad with DH's sisters kids that mine feel like they don't matter. Now MIL wonders why mine don't come around and visit much. It goes back to you reap what you sow. Then my mom started in on me one day how she feels like she doesn't even have grandkids (mine are the only ones) and I let her know maybe it has to do with the time you invested when they were young. She didn't like it but she doesn't bug me anymore about it. LOL I have never heard the words I love you from my parents. I made sure my kids went to bed nightly hearing it, and even as adults it's how we end almost every conversation on the phone or say good bye in person. And I intend to invest lots of time with my grandbabies! We can't change the past but we can certainly change the future. And I believe the past is what has made me into what I am today, it's how we deal with that past and move forward. Unfortunately for years I stayed stuck in my past and didn't deal well with it and ate and got fat. Now I feel that I am dealing with things and moving on from them.

Laura, what a beautiful story you told Nels about the bird and the kangaroo. He's very lucky you came into his life. I am glad such a bad day was followed by such a good day.

LauraK, you are not being selfish, vent away! This place is a soft place to fall and we all have our turns venting and growing and healing.

Janet, sorry you had such a rough day as well. Teenagers are tough, yes even 19 yr old ones, and I think they stay teenager-ish into their early 20's.

Eva, hope you can get some rest. We have directv and have had it for years, we are happy with it. DD's husband and DH's brother are both Comcast employees and give us grief though LOL

Well I better go help DH some more, just snuck away for a bit.

Oh and no Janet I didn't go to the gym thsi weekend, do plan on tomorrow though. Some how I tweaked my back though and it's driving me nuts.

Great - Be gentle w/the Back - Ice it tonite - walk the treadmill tomorrow ;0)...

My sis use to make fun of my family (diff dad so she use to come on weekend then in high school moved in) she said that we kissed before we went to the bathroom..

My Mom loved us - but had mental issues - My Dad was my rock - but again - he really didn't like to discuss things (feelings) but again back in the old days we didn't - he's the one where I got pull up the bootstraps and move on - On the outside we looked like beaver cleaver family - but wasn't that way on the inside so much - wasn't as half as bad as some pple have - but again not perfect - but again who has had a perfect life..

Love what you told your Mom !!!! WTG...

We always say I love you in my family - but I did learn it from mine..

Janet, Yep, I went to church at 9:30a, but we walked at 6am. The humidity is down to 45% and it is so nice. We(dh) plan on walking at 8p tonight. I think it is going to be 101 today. It feels like your neck of the woods. lol.

I got on this thread when Andrew was 16.....I guess in my mind he is still young. You are a champ! My baby boy is moving in next week. lol. He told me yesterday to stock up on groceries and coffee cuz "baby boy" is moving home. He is 36, but he is my baby boy. I hope he only stays a couple of months. Meanwhile, DD, the oldest one, leased her house because she can't afford the note, but doesn't have a place yet. Sorry, the guest room is taken. She will have to fight bubba for it. lol

While cleaning closets I found a Biggest Loser stability ball kit. It is for core exercises. Yay! Just what I was looking for. Another QVC purchase.

Apples, I am glad you can share with us about family. I think that is what makes us so close.

Laura, sounds like Nels is the right age to introducing him to his beginnings. He is such a loving boy. You are truly blessed.

Eva, boy, I wish I had your strength. You burn plenty of calories in the yard.

Lori, are you home yet? How was camping?

Julie? How's it going today?

Linda, where are you?

Laura K, woohoo! 4 miles!!!!!!!!! WTG. I am glad Janet keeps us on our toes.

Charlene - WTG ON THE EXERCISE - SO PROUD OF YOU !!!

101 right now 6:15 Ca time - 13% humdity - Pretty cool for us ;0)

Yep I knew what you meant - it's funny kids stay the same age there were when you met them(even though you haven't in real life - but if you did you would feel like you have known him for 2 yrs - just like us)

CALORIES«CARBS«FAT«PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg677«71«21«49

Food so far today....

Change of plans. I was all ready to go to the gym at 9:45, went to PICK up Michelle as it was my turn to drive. When I get there, she still has her pj`s on.... apparently she had called me yesterday and said that she wanted to go to her AA meeting Sunday morning instead....

but since I didnt get the message and showed up at her house she invited me to go to her AA meeting with her. I`ve been unable to find an OA meeting in my area so I figured..... One 12 step meeting is as good as another so I went. I am so happy that I did.... there are so many similarities in `>`Behaviours`> between Drug addicts, Food Addicts, Alcoholics.... I could see alot of my self in other people`s stories... it was way cool.

Met some very nice people and I did not feel `strange`there amongst them at all... very welcomed in fact.

So no exercise for me today! Monday morning is 30/30/30 class and we ARE going to that... apparently its 30 mins cycling, 30 minutes of STEP, then 30 minutes of Yoga... sounds good to me.

Candice (aka Peaches9)

Candice that 30/30/30 sounds great !!!! Sounds like fun !!

Yep AA no diff than OA - just a diff drug of choice - addiction is addiction..

Janet, checking in. I walked 4 miles again today. I feel wonderful and sweaty. Also, got two walls painted and all the trim. That counts too? up and down ladder.

Hi Everyone,

Some time ago some one asked what are the 12 steps, that form the base of AA, OA, Al Anon, and other 12 step programs - here they are

• Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
  • Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
  • Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
  • Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
  • Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
  • Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
  • Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
  • Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
  • Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
  • Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
  • Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
  • Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

Gwendolyn Smythe

As I sit here feeling sorry for myself I feel ashamed of me. I was comparing how much I lost to other posters. Seemed like everyone lost double what I did - felt jealous.

I have been to OA, have gone for years. What I realized this morning is that I am looking down to God (scale) and not up. The scale was dictating how I was feeling. I haven't lost any weight in 4 days.

I am so impressed with all of you as I read your post, and think about what you are going through. What impresses me most is your honesty about feelings, and most of all YOU ARE NOT EATING over them.

When I take my prescribed meds, sometimes I feel I am taking them because I let myself be controlled by food. They are daily reminders - it is for that reason sometimes I do not feel like taking them.

Laura - Nels is so lucky to have parents like both of you. You spoke so beautifully to him. Will admit I was crying as I read your post.

Dealing with family issues - can join you there. My brother and sister do not talk to me - why - I have no idea. Sorry I could not put a D in front of their names.

Apples - my MIL was not a nice person either to me, my children or her grand son. It is so sad how much damage one can do with a wicked tongue.

Gotta go - stove just beeped, and if I do not turn it off - everything will be burnt.

I haven't learned yet how to keep track of every ones screen name, sorry about that.

You are a wonderful group of woman.

Gwendolyn Smythe

Melissa - Here you go baby girl

For those who are still in their weight loss phase -

Exercise 1 hr a day 4 x a week - but I really want you to push it to 5

Pple who are maintaining - 3 to 4 times a week - 1 hr a day

You gotta report every day what your exercise was...

Today is the start of a new week

Me - 1 hr Plios (sp) combination pliates & yoga

Melissa - Exercise will help your moods - do you have a gym you can use??? I know that I can be in a terrible mood - but after an hr of working out I feel better - it gets those endorphins going - it really truly does.

This morning I really was still tired didn't want to go but after 1 hrs of moving and sweating I felt better..

When I went to Target this afternoon - I wanted sweets - picked up tiny sugar Cookies in the bakery section 3 = 130 cal oh that's good - then said Janet - do you think you will stop at 3 - if they are good (they looked soft) Nope was the answer- so back they went - Then was in the candy isle - looked at this reese pb chunk thing 600 cal total if you ate the whole thing (3 servings) I would eat the whole thing - said - naugh you don't need it - back it went - then in the frozen food section - on sale pillsbury flag sugar cookies (I know these are good) only like a $1 - said oh you could only bake 3 at a time - well why would I heat up the oven for 3 cookies - nope put them back..

Got some splenda vanilla ice cream 90 cal 1/2 cup - ice cream cone 20 - Those I will eat only 1 - 150 max (just in case I go over the 1/2) That will be my sweet treat - that and cherries & watermelon

Do I want the sugar - yep - it's my drug of choice - but I do have control - I choose not to buy it.

You have control too - just say Melissa get up off you sorry butt quit feeling sorry for yourself - there are pple out in the world who have it way worse than I do - I am going to get dressed put on my sneakers and go for a walk. Throw on your ipod and hit the pavement... Walk right past the bakery or ice cream store or mickey d's and say "F U" I am stronger than you are !!! Just do it - put one foot in front of the other don't think about it - act like I'm with you - we are walking - and talking - you know all the things I would be saying to you - don't think just do - I'm with you every step of the way..

Then come home and tell me how it felt... Bet you a million bucks - you will want to do it again tomorrow..

Thanks Janet Love you.