Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I would love to go Vegas and meet all who go. If I do that my marriage may end and my children will disown me.

I plan to have knee surgery the end of September. I should have had this done years ago, but since the pain has hit new levels of high it was easier to agree to have it done.

Will have the surgery in Florida, the village house has no steps to walk up and down.

Please keep me posted on future trips. I am a travel agent who loves to travel, and if I can help you please let me know.

So from Italy

Ciao

Gwendolyn Smythe

I hope you can join us in Vegas, we aren't too scary. My kids are giving me a bad time because when they were younger I had strict rules about them talking to people they did not personally know on the internet and now here I go off to Vegas to meet some. LOL

HAHA!! Yeah... we in the "Lucky 7's" have talked about that! When we first met at Mall of America 2 yrs ago... none of us had met personally.. but felt like we'd known each other forever. But we joked.... whew!! No "Axe Murderers"!! LOL

This year there were 2 I'd not yet met... but after all our online sharing... already "know" each other quite well! Already a connection even though never meeting personally.

15_8_220.gif 15_8_219.gif 36_11_4.gif 36_11_4.gif 15_8_200v.gif 15_9_26.gif 36_15_57.gif 36_35_3.gif 36_35_5.gif 15_9_15.gif

15_12_133.gif

I would love to go Vegas and meet all who go. If I do that my marriage may end and my children will disown me.

I plan to have knee surgery the end of September. I should have had this done years ago, but since the pain has hit new levels of high it was easier to agree to have it done. Will have the surgery in Florida, the village house has no steps to walk up and down.

Please keep me posted on future trips. I am a travel agent who loves to travel, and if I can help you please let me know.

So from Italy

Ciao

Gwendolyn Smythe

Wow! A travel agent in our midst!! That's great!

I had my left knee done last August and need right one done, too. Maybe next year. Right now... it seems like it was a breeze! Because it was almost a year ago! But I did do pretty good. I think I was walking 1/2 mile in 3 weeks.

BTW... we are "snowbirds".... condo in WA state, and we RV in CA in the winter.

7_6_1.gif

Gwendolyn, I had both my knees done last year one at a time and two

months apart it was a tough recovery but so worth it in the end therapy

sucks but do every bit of it you will be so glad when it's over. Yeah

October might be a little soon after surgery for Vegas while not a travel

agent I used to work for the airlines and dh still does

Hey Phyl today is my bandiversary, but mine is only one year. Congrats to you.

Gwen, welcome aboard, they will answere any thing you can ask.

Laurak

Hey Phyl today is my bandiversary, but mine is only one year. Congrats to you.

Laurak

Happy bandiversaries!!!! Seems June and July were popular banding months.

Hi All,

One year ago I was in surgery starting the first step of my new life. The best thing I have ever done for myself.

Jodi, so sorry about having to put your baby down. Some times we have to let go. I was saved earlier this year about that, but I know it won't be forever.

Lori, way to go on the exercise.

Janet, your Bella is so cute. She sounds like so much fun.

Eva, good job on swimming.

I am stilling remodeling my exercise room so the treadmill is still not moving. No excuses just been to lazy. Let myself fall out of the habit when DD was home. It's up to me to get my behind moving. Will walk on my lunch today.

LauraK

Laura K, congrats on bandiversary. You're doing great

Welcome newbies.

Don't play with the band. You should not suddenly after 6 wks start pbing unless you've changed what and how you're eating and are gaining weight, or you need a Dr. to assess things. Go for the unfill.

Welcome back Apples.

Eva, sprinklers were not installed in this older home's yard in an old town famous for being one of Al Capone's hangouts. My yard's not really big enough to justify it.

Love the doggie stories but sorry for your loss Jodi.

Love your all. Sorry I can't respond to everyone.

Cheri

hey phyl today is my bandiversary, but mine is only one year. Congrats to you.

Laurak

happy bandiversary!!!!!!!

Hey Phyl today is my bandiversary, but mine is only one year. Congrats to you. Laurak

Congrats to you, too, Laura!!

23_28_116.gif 23_5_103.gif 23_5_104.gif 23_5_108.gif

Happy band anniversaries - just think you are only 359 days or so ahead of me. Then again whose counting.

In 10 hours or so, I will have been banded one week. I am flying high.

I am saving what ever pain pills I have left over from this surgery for my knee surgery. All I keep hearing is how painful it will be. The first surgeon I saw said he did not believe in pain meds. I went out that door so fast -

First - I do not like pain.

Second - I do not like the slogan - "No pain no gain."

Third - I do have other items on my list.

I do not want you to think I do not like to do anything - I like to

:unsure::grouphug::unsure::party:

and I wish I could go to Vegas with all of you. I just love the glitz and bright lights.

I think as I lose weight I will be going out more. I have been so self conscious of my self, that I do not join different events.

Need to correct the last statement - that is unless I can hide out in the kitchen with the food. :lol:

Gwendolyn Smythe

Banded by Drs. Anthony and Edward Pucci

Phyll, congrats on bandiversary. Gotta go to bed.

Cheri

OMG...cannot believe I missed our little LauraK's Bandiversary.

Happy Bandiversary to you

Happy Bandiversary, Dear LauraK

You have done so well. I will speak for all of us here..we love you and are so honored to have been on this journey with you.

Evening to all of you.

Welcome Gwendolyn Smythe! You are jumping right in...that's great. And we can always use a travel agent.

This is going to be a fly by post. MIL & SIL we be here in the morning and I have to get a guest room ready for them. I'm converting my room into the guest room since we really don't have a guest room. I'm a little stressed about this, but it will be just fine. They will only be here a week. I have to work and I'm hoping they don't expect me to wait on them because it just isn't going to happen.

Apples, sounds like you are going to be very busy the next few days.

Jody, so sorry about your dog, but it had a better life with you. You should tell your daughter. She knows it was going to happen and it's something she should know. I really didn't like it when my parents didn't tell me stuff like this.

DH is going to set up my laptop in "our" bedroom so I can have internet access so I should be able to at least check in. No telling what they will have planned, but I suspect it will be sitting around watching TV a lot. I bought them 6 movies at $5 a piece (gonga deal). That should keep them busy for a while.

Later ladies, have a good evening.

Eva

113 here today - went to boot camp and it kicked my butt - no fbing and no lbting tonite... I was dripping when I left the gym tonite - got a headache - I have had 60 oz of Water today and ate good - just zapped...

HAPPY 3RD BAND-ANNIVERSARY PHYL !!!! YOU HAVE DONE AMAZING !!!

LAURAK - HAPPY 1 YR BAND-ANNIVERSARY TO YOU - 81 LBS WTG

OK gang I am out of here - I will try and catch up in the morning

Hi. all.

Thanks for all your kind words about "starlight" she was a sweet dog. It was strange coming home and not having to walk her today however, I know in another month there will be plenty of other dogs coming in....for foster care...so am kind of thinking this should be new for a while...not having to come home to walk/feed the dog...wow. Now what?? I can go out all day and into night without coming home first. I can sleep at someone elses....mom, friends in city....etc etc.

hmm what a concept.

Still am sad and cry every time I think or talk about her...but its not so bad...as I know shes in a better place! Its just so quiet at home without her and with Dassi away the quiet is killing me!!! Needed to put on some music.

Today I tried to fast as it was the fast of Tishabaav however it was so hot...I drank by mid day and the eating??? I never realized what hunger really feels like with the band......excrutiating!!! Like....being pregnant and needing to eat like right this second! The growling in the stomach and then the nauseasnus.....that ended the fasting real fast. lol I never felt so bad was kind of shaky. Usually am good about fasting but apparently not any more. I think god will forgive me and if not...oh well add it to the list.

I received my blood tests back from the surgeons office....Iron and Proteins good....calcuium good but Vitamin D defficient....now when I tell you ive got the tan of the season I mean it and if id walk into my dermatologists office shed shoot me....so how the heck?? So I need to take Vitamin D supplements. The other slightely more disturbing result is my TP something with thyroid,....something PTC..something or other numbers is too low. This apparently usually goes hand in hand with a Calcium deficiency but those numbers are good. So, need to see the endocronologist again to check this out as it isnt necessararily a good thing,...any thinkers on what this could mean??? other then that all blood work good.....no gall stones in the making or anything else. I guess thats good.

I didnt go to gym today as I was trying to fast....and my mother was coming over in the late afternoon.....was also meeting Joe for about an hour...in between work and meeting ,mom for dinner. After work..decided to stop at the thrift shop and picked up a few skirts and shirts...as mine are getting too big again, yea!!!

I will go to gym again tomorrow afternoon.

Good morning! WE are supposed to cool down to 97 today. Not much planned for today, supposed I could do some laundry, oops just got a call from a friend I am going to lunch today!

Jodi, so sorry to hear about your dog, that's so hard to do. Is this friend the one you didn't want us to stay at the Monte CArlo friend? are you going to be reopening something you don't want to reopen? free show tickets are wonderful, but you are more important.

Arlene, DH would never have a lawn service, he is too much a do it yourselfer. LOL In fact the company we got our sod came and sprayed it after it was he laid it complimentary and he was all miffed. He has his way of doing it, but our yard always looks good so whatever floats his boat! LOL

LauraK, if I can get myself back into the exercise you can too! Getting started again is the hard part.

Apples, are you back?

Phyl, sounds like you have one spoiled pup! LOL Who's training who? sounds like she has you pretty trained for scooter rides. LOL

Yes, this is that friend. achem. You know...now that im banded 5 months....and looking great and feeling great...I kind of was thinking....what the hell? I am in control. We can be friends. Bottom line..I could not go to Vegas without telling him...Id feel horrible and guilty and jumpy so...needed to tell him and get it over with. Yes, its true that I dont want to go there with him again....but maybe we can be friends? This is what I thougt.....before telling him. Well....he is so excited about us coming...even as friends so he can make up for the past "mistakes" he would like us to be friends..and see if we can now. As we really were good friends. He also wanted me to come out before that time...before Dassi comes back from camp where he would fly me out and wine and dine me so to say.......so im afraid its too late for not going there...however as I wrote.....at the beginning here....I am in control better then before...and I can now put things in better perspective and weed out all the bull and not get taken in again. Hes a nice guy but hes a a bit much...hes a music/ production manager....that should explain things. Ill keep you posted on this.....

besides there are so many more prospects here in NY now....lol

Just came home from zumba--fun, but kicks your butt.

Jodi, I am so sorry about your pup. You gave Starlight the best years. How wonderful that you were there for his "going home." He (she?) is now happy and feeling good, running free and playing at the Rainbow Bridge. I will "tell" Sammy, Punky and Tinka to look for Starlight. Share the story of the Rainbow Bridge with your daughter--it gives us comfort.

I never heard that story...im going to go to bookstore tomorrow. Was Sammy, Punky and Tinka your dogs who have passed??

Please do tell them....I prayed that my family dog and my ex....meet her as well.....to help with transition if she needed it. So far I havent felt any presence...so perhaps she had crossed over happily!

Im going to get that book..thank you so much...that is a great suggestion...I will bring it up on visiting day Sunday.

I am also going to make her a memory book of everyones best and favorite story about Starlight..she was really a charachter....and add her pictures and stuff. Think she will like this.

ny sparkle girl - i can only imagine what you are feeling. knowing where cedarhust is, i grew up in bayswater, like to suggest to go down to the ocean and just listen. sit in the sand. and just feel your feelings and everything around you.

that is what i used to do. somehow the sound of the ocean i found soothing, when there were a lot of waves - i would just watch them come rolling in, i liked putting my toes in the sand, etc. hope this helps you. i miss not being able to be by the ocean.

dassi - i would tell her, and then ask her what she would like you to do in the future. even though she said good by, she may still wonder each day what is going on.

instead of a letter can you call her? that way you can be there for her, no matter how she responds.

Bayswater?? Im there three times a week. lol. I volenteer for a clothing Gmach....a place where one can take clothing if needed. I help organize and pick up the clothes and bring it to this location. Its someones basement set up like a store...people can just come and take what theyd like...people in community donate to it.

Nice to have someone who knows where I live here in the east.....as no one on this thread I dont think lives or lived in NYC..or Nassau County.

Yes, the ocean is wonderful. I just spent two weeks in Fire Island, I have a summer share there and was there for a week...here for a week and then there again. SO....Ive had so much wonderful listening and getting in touch with feelings there that....I just had to laugh when you recommended the ocean, sand and beach...as that is exactly what I wanted to do and go but unfortunately it isnt my week or weekend this weekend..not going for two more weeks.....but then thought hey shes so right...I could go to Atlantic beach or Long Beach which is 10 minuets away. I wouldnt go to Far Rockaway as there is no parking there in the summer at all! But...thats where I will go tomorrow..same Water just alot further west? lol.

Thank you for the suggestions....I think you are right, She will be wondering whats going on daily...its only right that she know whats going on but....to call?? Its the only way I know....so I will call tomorrow day. Yes. even though she has said goodbye she probably is anxious to know what is going on today and when she is going to go.....

thanks...and welcome!!!

[

oh and btw do you remember where you got all those fabulous deals in NYC??? I sure would love to know....if you can remember!

Great...nice you could reconnect with an old friend. I hope you can pick right up where you left off. So good for you to start forming some friendships with DH away so much.

You know how I throw things together and really don't follow recipes much but will try with this sausage one. First of all...it's all about the sausage. It's the best sausage ever...made by a local locker. So lean and a great flavor.

I just grill the sausages and cut into bite-sized peices. Put in slow cooker and add a blend of the sauce. I use the following for a normal size crowd (about 6 large sausages...brat sized).

1 cup pineapple juice

1 tsp white vinegar

1 cup papaya juice (I like fresh)

1 large mango mashed

1/4 tsp salt (I use sea salt)

1 tsp lite soy sauce

2 Tbls honey

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp minced or dried garlic powder

1 red and 1 green bell pepper (chop it as small as you can....in other words...chop the crap out of it)

1/2 onion chopped very fine

Blend all in a sauce pan and bring to just about a boil, stirring constantly. Turn down to a simmer and cook for another 15 min...stirring occassionally. Pour over sausage peices in slow cooker. That's it!

Apples...Why cant sausage be Kosher???? This sounds fabulous!! Enjpy the party. You are amazing...you will get it all together no dought in a pinch. Cant wait to hear about it.

Congrats, Laura on your Bandiversary!!!

Janet, that Zoey sounds so adorable!! More pics please!

Okay.....have a good night all......Hoping to get a glimpse of Starlight at the Rainbow Bridge if not for a moment just so I know shes okay....might be nice...but if not so be it. lol

Have a great night all.

Jodi