Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

JoAnne....way funny. DH is in shape but would never catch me running down the beach. My legs are way too long compared to his. I think a couple of fu-fu beach drinks sound good. I could always stop abrubtly a LET DH catch up with me!!!!

Actually, too cold for beach. Was in the 20's this morning. Supposed to warm up for the weekend.

Janet......Vegas sounds like so much fun. Meeting GF's, etc. I do a Vegas trip each year with about 30 friends from all over US. Soooooooooo much fun. And, I bet you'll have the energy to keep up just fine. Play some three card poker for me. Bet $10 top and bottom bet....just one hand. See if you can get a 40 to 1. Could pay for your next trip there.

Phyll...seafood recipes. Hum....last night made jumbo shrimp on the grill with a chipolte/lime marinade. Scallops I pan sear with a mango salsa. Just type in on laptop to search for these recipes.

Heading out today....first to our little resort cafe for Breakfast. Already made DH strawberry french toast with berries about 6am. Now he will have a huge bowl of their baked oatmeal and then we will hit the road. Heading to a little town south of here. Want to visit a place for lunch later. Sounds like a quaint little place. Some shopping, hiking in the forest later in the afternoon.

Have a great time in Vegas, Janet. Have seen Peaches on some threads. Can tell she has character just by her posts. Hope everyone else is doing good. Life is good.

indgogirl how long did it take you to lose the weight and what exercise did you do

Tweety - I started 250 banded 7/17/07 on 5/8/08 got to my goal weight of 160 - then by June had lost 100 lbs - then by 7/24/08 got to 145 Normal BMI - then just kept eating healthy and exercising and got to 138 I think in Sept or Oct 2008 and I have been maintaining that weight. I was a 18 pants - now 4's with one or two 2's- was a 22 top now medium... I am 5'4 and was 52 when banded..

Exercise -I did the treadmill only for the 1st 8 months - 4-5 times a week - started out very slow then every couple of weeks increased my intensity and lenght of time on it.. 3/08 I was 173 felt confindent enough to go talk to a trainer - and added weighs to my exercise 2 x week -

Now I do weight 2 x week - treadmill 1 or 2 times depending on my schedule. my speeds on the treadmil now vary from 3.5 to 4.2 inclines 1 - 6 and the I will slow it down to like 2.7 and put the incline on 10-12..

If you can afford a trainer (also know if you have a buddy the rates are lower) I would highly suggest it.. The more muscles you have the more calories you burn just being -

Also I told trainer that I was too embarssed to come to him when I weight 250 - I though he would think I was a joke - what's this fat 52 yr old lady thinking.. You know what he said - that's stupid trainers are here to help and they want to see you transform your body

I now have muscles in my legs - my arms are cut (well would look like Kelly Ripa's if it wasn't for the excess skin) but I have defenition for sure..

Have Fun Indio! Sounds like you have the hook up all the way around. Safe travels for you and your friends.12_1_108.gif 3_5_6.gif 12_1_107.gif 12_8_1.gif 12_8_4.gif

Thanks !!! Gone4ever... I'm looking forward to a good time.

Janet......Vegas sounds like so much fun. Meeting GF's, etc. I do a Vegas trip each year with about 30 friends from all over US. Soooooooooo much fun. And, I bet you'll have the energy to keep up just fine. Play some three card poker for me. Bet $10 top and bottom bet....just one hand. See if you can get a 40 to 1. Could pay for your next trip there.

Have a great time in Vegas, Janet. Have seen Peaches on some threads. Can tell she has character just by her posts. Hope everyone else is doing good. Life is good.

Apples - I do play the poker machines - and I like the 3 hands one - that's what I won $250 last June at the Wynn.

I will try it out - $20 bet right for one hand - I may give it one shot - but ususally play quarter machine max bet whatever that may be - but I don't think its $20 - When I won last time I was on a dollar machine trying to lose my $12 so I could go back to the room as it was late and I was tired.. Well winning woke me up - but I cashed out...

Peaches is fun and yes she's a character - great sense of humor... Met her last summer and we have talked on the phone a few times - as I am trying to help her get to goal..

Your DH has eatne 2 bf so far and you still are going out for bf.. He must have a great metabolizam :0)

Enjoy your day - you really deserve it after all the work you do harvesting - volunteering - partying :0)..

Yes Life is good....

Charlene - are you mad at me for saying - better food choices - I hope not.. Didn't mean to hurt your feeling - just want to help you stay on track... I know I can be like a dog with a bone and a little over bearing sometimes - Hugs..

Well Gang just cking in - I better get my butt in gear - I will cbl

Made it through my busy day yesterday, today is going to be a low key one. I am home from work already and will go back up the rec center at 2 for my Power 90 workout. Plan to get a nap in there some place. We are going to watch DH's nephew play basketball tonight. His HS is playing the HS that DH & I graduated from tonight (yes we were HS sweethearts). DH played basketball for 3 yrs at this HS and we have not been inside it since graduation in 1976 so should be fun. Our kids are coming with to see 'where it all began'. LOL

RE: bread, I have been too afraid to even try it since banding. It was preached at us in our nutrition classes that it was a no no and how easily it got stuck, etc. And I know one piece, especially at a restaurant bread basket, would lead to more. It's easier for me to just say no you can't have that, once I open that door, I'd be toast. I did the same with chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants for quite some time, then one time I said I can try that and well now that is a danger zone for me because I discovered how easily they went down. I was better off when I had myself convinced they'd get stuck and not to go there.

Made it through my busy day yesterday, today is going to be a low key one. I am home from work already and will go back up the rec center at 2 for my Power 90 workout. Plan to get a nap in there some place. We are going to watch DH's nephew play basketball tonight. His HS is playing the HS that DH & I graduated from tonight (yes we were HS sweethearts). DH played basketball for 3 yrs at this HS and we have not been inside it since graduation in 1976 so should be fun. Our kids are coming with to see 'where it all began'. LOL

RE: bread, I have been too afraid to even try it since banding. It was preached at us in our nutrition classes that it was a no no and how easily it got stuck, etc. And I know one piece, especially at a restaurant bread basket, would lead to more. It's easier for me to just say no you can't have that, once I open that door, I'd be toast. I did the same with chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants for quite some time, then one time I said I can try that and well now that is a danger zone for me because I discovered how easily they went down. I was better off when I had myself convinced they'd get stuck and not to go there.

How sweet that you were HS sweethearts and still together..

I am with you on the food issues - just don't start that way you don't have to stop... I will have a pinch and I mean pinch of the bread basket - but that's it... it's not so much the bread as it is the butter for me - well really the combination - I love butter too much... and just too many calories ...

I have been up since like 4:20 this morning and that's with not falling asleep until like 10:45 last night... I could use a nap in a bit myself :0)...

Ok back to work :0) Hugs

How sweet that you were HS sweethearts and still together..

I am with you on the food issues - just don't start that way you don't have to stop... I will have a pinch and I mean pinch of the bread basket - but that's it... it's not so much the bread as it is the butter for me - well really the combination - I love butter too much... and just too many calories ...

I have been up since like 4:20 this morning and that's with not falling asleep until like 10:45 last night... I could use a nap in a bit myself :0)...

Ok back to work :0) Hugs

We will Celebrate our 30th anniversary in April!

That's when I get up about 420, got to bed late myself and it will be late tonight too. Nap is sounding heavenly right now. I need a minimum of 7 hrs sleep I have discovered or I feel it, and I prefer 8. :thumbup::laugh:

Janet,

I have been reading the posting and you are so helpful to people. I haven't been online for a while and I think I need help. I have friends that have had surgery and have lost weight really quickly while I have been stuggling just to get pass 164. I have been going back and fourth between 162 and 164 for about 3 months now.

I am 5 ft tall and at my top weight I was 215lb size 18. I am a size 12 now and I am happy however, I would like to get off of 164. I know some of my problem is that I stopped walking in the morning since it has been extermly cold this winter. I did buy a WWII fit for christmas and have been using it almost everynight. I eat Protein Bars for Breakfast and mainly salad w/chicken at lunch. Dinners it depends but mainly chicken, steak or some form of Protein. Sometimes I feel like I slime a lot and I hate it and don't know how to stop it. Can you give me any advise or help? Sorry about going on and on.

Janet,

I have been reading the posting and you are so helpful to people. I haven't been online for a while and I think I need help. I have friends that have had surgery and have lost weight really quickly while I have been stuggling just to get pass 164. I have been going back and fourth between 162 and 164 for about 3 months now.

I am 5 ft tall and at my top weight I was 215lb size 18. I am a size 12 now and I am happy however, I would like to get off of 164. I know some of my problem is that I stopped walking in the morning since it has been extermly cold this winter. I did buy a WWII fit for christmas and have been using it almost everynight. I eat Protein Bars for Breakfast and mainly salad w/chicken at lunch. Dinners it depends but mainly chicken, steak or some form of Protein. Sometimes I feel like I slime a lot and I hate it and don't know how to stop it. Can you give me any advise or help? Sorry about going on and on.

Drho729

I responded to this yesterday !!!! I don't know what happened to my post:cursing:

1st of all you have lost 36 lbs since surgery and that's great !!!

Ok now on to the work - are you tracking your calories - keeping a food diary - losing weight is all about calories in vs calories out - I am a big proponent of keeping a food diary/logging your calories (dailyplate.com or fitday.com) it's a great learning tool - I kept a food diary for the 1st year.

Those protein bars are like 200 calories for most of them - why aren't you eating real food instead..

Lunch salad - how much dressing - you are just eating protein for dinner - no veggies no starches. You could not be eating enough calories too - I know that sounds strange but eating healthy doesn't mean starving yourself..

Also how much are you eating per meal - just cuz you slime doesn't necessarily mean that you have enough restriction it could mean that you ate too fast, took too big of a bite and didn't chew well enough.

For me EXERCISE went hand in hand with my eating healthy - for first yr I went 4-5 times a week.. Your Wii just might not be strenuous enough - do it twice aday till you can walk outside again (1 hr total) - do you have a mall close to your house go walk there. While watching tv - during commercial stand up and walk in place.. The more you move the more calories you are going to burn..

During my weight loss phase I ate between 800-1200 calories a day - low fat - SF - I ate 3 meals plus 2 or 3 Snacks depending on the calories of the snacks..

You can do this - you really can - you just need to get your butt in gear - you know what you are doing wrong - you know what your little secrets are - so quit making excuses to yourself and get back on the band wagon - You deserve to be healthy - you deserve to be fit - Love yourself enough to make time for what you want and need to do to get healthy..

Hugs - Janet

Good afternoon, all! I'm in a pretty good mood today considering that I went in for my first fill this morning and discovered that my port had flipped.

Am I sane in thinking this is just a bump in the road and that things will be fine once I get it revised? My doctor was so very apologetic and I could tell he felt terribly bad about it happening. I actually found myself consoling him! He ensured me that an outpatient procedure would take care of the problem and that he was going to move my port down lower as it had worked its way right up against my ribs.

Do any of you have any experience with your port having flipped? Any words of wisdom you could share? I have a very good friend who also had a revision because she found out at her first fill that she had flipped as well (different doctor). She's been very successful ever since then.

I so love my band thusfar and am really not at all freaked out about this. I know in my heart that I would not have lost what I have so far on my own and truly believe that I will be successful with my band. I'd love to hear from any of you.

Thanks!

I am at 99 lbs lost now!! Come on 100!!!! It was actually 99.2, so less than a pound to go. You'll hear me shout from here when I reach it!

This place has been quiet this weekend. Hope everyone is just out and enjoying their new banded lifestyles. Wonder if Janet is a big winner in Vegas yet?

Lucky, sorry to hear about the port flipping. I have no experience or knowledge about it though. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it though. Will it mean another surgery?

Janet - have fun in Vegas. I love it there. I left the cold Vermont weather behind for St. Kitts. I'll be here 2 weeks. Before I left I met with doc. When I get back we're going to do a n Esophogram to check things out. If all looks good I'll get a fill. He continues to think I don't need a fill, just need to change my eating habits. Could be, but I want more restriction.

Long - Way to go. You are doing fantastic. Your commitment is impressive.

Hope everyone is doing well. - Kathy

I am at 99 lbs lost now!! Come on 100!!!! It was actually 99.2, so less than a pound to go. You'll hear me shout from here when I reach it!

This place has been quiet this weekend. Hope everyone is just out and enjoying their new banded lifestyles. Wonder if Janet is a big winner in Vegas yet?

Lucky, sorry to hear about the port flipping. I have no experience or knowledge about it though. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it though. Will it mean another surgery?

Long...WOW! Congratulations on 99...you are soooooo close! I'm truly inspired by you!

Thanks for the condolences about my port. Yes, it will involve another surgery to go in and relocate it, but from what I have heard from others the surgery is nothing like the original surgery to band us. Basically they will open up the port area again, relocate the port a bit lower (in my case), hopefully sew it down better than the first time, and stitch me back up. It's done as an outpatient procedure, so I'm hoping my surgeon has room this Friday to do it so I can rest over the weekend and be back to work on Monday. I'll definitely have to take it easy for a while longer, but I won't have all the post-op restrictions I had after surgery. I'll keep you posted on how things go!

Again, congratulations on your incredible loss! I'll be rooting for you turning the century mark!!!

Good Morning Gang !!

I'm back - had a wonderful time - No didn't win any $$$ - I really didn't gamble that much - a little Friday night - Shopped at the Outlet stores on Saturday - Sat nite dinner and then to a Kareoke Bar as my friend Peaches sings... and that night lost 20 - then put in $20 in another machince cashed out $25 - I lost maybe $100 - $140 max.

I am not a big gambler - spend more $$$ on clothes...

Lucky - can't help with the port flip situation - but have read that it does happen - you are right it's more of an inconvenience than a problem.

Long - WTG GIRL!!!! .8 LBS TO GO :blush:

Kathy - I really don't feel sorry for you - lucky girl - be careful of the bahama mamas - but have one for me..:w00t:

99 1/2 today, will it be tomorrow???? Yikes, it's driving me crazy. DH even got up with me this morning to see if I hit it. I have some cruise shopping to do. He promised me a few years ago if I ever lost 100 lbs (one of the times I was crying to him about my weight) he'd go on a Medditerranean cruise or somewhere else in Europe I wanted to go. And from what I read in the paper on Sunday, cruise prices are way down, so I hope I find a bargain!

My workouts are going great, I am really liking this video series and the fact my friend is as committed to it as I am helps. It's more fun to go with someone.

This same friend has another friend who just had lap band surgery by my surgeon. She asked if I would go to dinner with her and her friend one night as her friend wanted to meet me and hear about my experience. Heck yes! I'll go! So she is setting that up.

Big snowstorm here today and while I was out and about my windshield wipers broke. It's almost white out conditions and I couldnt' see a thing. I tried calling DH but knew he'd be a long ways away and/or Triple A but didn't want to sit on the side of the icy roads either like a lame duck. So I slowly made it home. Scariest situation I have driven in a long time. I do wnat to get out to go to the rec center for my workout this afternoon so hopefully it lets up and I don't need wipers. It's less than a mile from my house on side roads so should be okay. My windshield is defrosting in the garage.