Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi it looks like you are on your way and I saw a post where you were only at 21lbs loss since being banded - look at you now eh?

So I have a question about being too tight...I just got filled yesterday and I have never had this much restriction before. I can eat/drink very slowly which is something new since I was banded in late August 2008.

I think I finally have a good fill but I am afraid it might be too tight...is that possible? What is it supposed to feel like when you have good restriction?

I started at 255lbs

Current: 227lbs

Goal: 145lbs

Any suggestions on any part of your journey will be helpful.

Thank you,

Cher

Cher - Thanks - 21 lbs that must have been a while back :wink: like August or Sept of 07...

When I was too tight (1/08)- I could barely drink a cup of coffee in the morning - I had to take itty bitty sips of Water - I could barely eat 1/4 c food - and forget hard proteins.. That was a year ago so what I really remember is not being able to drink without feeling that stuck feeling..

The band is suppose to provide restriction that its function but it's not about eating 1/4 cup of food per meal - it's about being to able to eat normally - For me I like to be able to eat about a cup to a cup and half per meal -

My typical daily food during my weight loss phase was

Yogurt/Granola for BF

Protein/Veggies for lunch (usually leftovers from dinner)

Dinner - 4 oz of fish - 1/2 cup veggies and 1/4 - 1/2 c rice

Snacks - SF puddings - SF Fudgecicles - snack Pack popcorn - fruit - sf yogurt.

EXERCISE !!!!! In the beginning - I would go to the gym 4-5 times a week - I walked on the treadmill for the 1st 8 months then 3/08 at 175 got trainer (felt I had lost enough weight not to be too embarassed to go up and ask for training) then I changed my rountine to 2 x weeks weight and 2 x week treadmill.

Secert - Eating healthy not dieting & exercise -follow the rules - Protein 1st 60 grms (per my doc) - eat slowly small bite chew - low fat - limited sugar & starches

Learning tools - Track calories weigh &/or measure foods - limit refined carbs - I still eat starches but in a limited quanity.. I use to be a big starch/fat eater - I eat low fat - limited sugar.

I allow treats - but not everyday - I eat sweets occaissionaly - I plan - I don't keep junk in the house that I can't resist and even throw away sf stuff if I am eating them too often - bought some sf Cookies - they were great - and I kept going back and eating more than the 1 serving (4 Cookies 130 cal) so I threw them away -

Since you just got filled yesterday - I would give it a little bit and see how it settles in - After a fill I had to go back to my surgery diet - 1 weeks liquids - 1 week mushie - 1 week soft then to regular - I only followed this after the 1st fill - but did do a couple days liquids - then moved to mushie/softs..

Hope the above helps...

Hi Janet - I see the doc next week. I'm going to force myself on him to give me a fill! Thanks for the support.

Kathy

Kathy

Yep - you need to get in his face and tell him that you want your tool to work that's why you got banded for the Portion Control and you don't have it.. You want me to write him a letter :wink:

Always here for you... Hugs Janet

Good morning. Here it is Friday already, I had a busy week. Hubby is home on vacation so am just off my routine. Still haven't lost past the 95 lbs mark. I think that 100 mark is just going to tease me for awhile. I am eating right and exercising so I know it will have to give sooner or later. I am back at tracking on Daily Plate so I know I am hitting my calories and Protein, etc.

I went shopping yesterday, Ann Taylor had bigger markdowns! I was in trouble! I got a $139 cashmere sweater for $35 and some spring stuff was marked down already I got 2 shirts. Gift cards are now history that I got for Christmas.

Hi all, went to see Benjaman Button tonight!. Don't know what I thought about it. It was slow but had a sad ending. I ate about l cup of popcorn which my sis put butter on. I feel sick now. Came home and drank a bunch of Water to try and dilute the butter. I just can't eat that any more and I am glad. I used to eat a whole bag by myself at every movie. Have been working on kitchen remodel stuff so I don't think I got in all my food today. I am staying at 58 lbs now and can't get it to move alot this month so far. I have been eating a few more carbs than usual (such as Kashi go lean). that Cereal is the bomb. Kinda sweet for me but never the less it is good and crunchy. Talk with ya all tomorrow as it is late.

Beckyo

Good Morning Gang... I posted last night but my computer froze up and lost post :) So will try again this morning - it pisses me off I get so frustrated that I say f it and get off the computer all together :(

Good morning. Here it is Friday already, I had a busy week. Hubby is home on vacation so am just off my routine. Still haven't lost past the 95 lbs mark. I think that 100 mark is just going to tease me for awhile. I am eating right and exercising so I know it will have to give sooner or later. I am back at tracking on Daily Plate so I know I am hitting my calories and Protein, etc.

I went shopping yesterday, Ann Taylor had bigger markdowns! I was in trouble! I got a $139 cashmere sweater for $35 and some spring stuff was marked down already I got 2 shirts. Gift cards are now history that I got for Christmas.

Long Great deal on the cashmere - I got one too a few weeks back for either 35 or 39 can't remember which - but now we have warmed up in the desert - days are 75-80 - I don't wear a sweater unless it's going to be under 67..

Hi all, went to see Benjaman Button tonight!. Don't know what I thought about it. It was slow but had a sad ending. I ate about l cup of popcorn which my sis put butter on. I feel sick now. Came home and drank a bunch of Water to try and dilute the butter. I just can't eat that any more and I am glad. I used to eat a whole bag by myself at every movie. Have been working on kitchen remodel stuff so I don't think I got in all my food today. I am staying at 58 lbs now and can't get it to move alot this month so far. I have been eating a few more carbs than usual (such as Kashi go lean). that Cereal is the bomb. Kinda sweet for me but never the less it is good and crunchy. Talk with ya all tomorrow as it is late.

Beckyo

Becky - that movie just didn't appeal to me - I am not in the mood to watch sad movies - I like cop & robber type movies I like fast movies if they are slow I will fall asleep and I get restless sitting for more than an hour and a half..

I hear you on the butter - it has always made me a little sick when I ate the whole bag and I would put tons on - now when I go to the show - I have a small bag with only 1 or 2 squirts of butter - it's my treat !!!

I'm not a super big cereal eater myself - I like raisin bran - kasha or is it castaic organic cinnamon shredded wheat and the granola with raisins (I put in my sf yogurt) for bf at work..

---------------------------------------------------------

Where's Charlene??? today is Sat - zumba class - is everything ok Charlene we haven't heard from you in a few days - I just realized that right now..

Apples - I want you to know that your saying NO UNPLANED TREATS - has stuck with me - I love it - when I am in the checkout line at the market or target - I am usually hungry and those candy bars look so good - but you are on my shoulder whispering in my ear "No Unplaned Treats" Thanks!!!

My stupid alarm went off at 5 - I though I had turned it off yesterday but guess I didn't - so I am up - but truly had enough sleep I went to bed around 9 - woke up at 12:30 (GS came in) and stayed awake for about 1/2 hr.. So I got my sleep - now drinking coffee waiting for the gym to open at 7

On the agenda today - exercise - nails - taget shopping and that's about it I think...

I am going to Vegas next weekend to meet up with one of my Lucky#7 memeber - she's from Canada and when she said that she was going to be in Vegas w/GF for a girls weekend - I thought I would go and see her - it's only a 4 1/2 hr drive

So my gf Deb and I are going - my gf Deb has never been to Vegas she's 54 - omw what a sheltered life she lived - her xdh really kept her locked in the house and never took her anywhere..

I gotta a question - who has a portable navigation system - I got one for xmas - but when I try to input like Trump Hotel (this is where we are staying) it's not on the map - so now I have to go buy a new map of the western region to get more detail ???- that SUCKS BIG TIME.. What a rip off imho... I think that is should come loaded with a detail map!!!

JANET, I am here.....just nothing to report. I am going to get a fill on Monday. My DH is going with me.....he is having a consult with Dr. Davis for WLS.

I think I am ready for this fill. I have been working on my bites and chewing. Also, when I feel the least bit stuck I put down my fork and stop eating.

My weight has not moved. I know I am eating too much, but I am staying away from bad stuff. Christmas baking was like an alcoholic pouring liquor for guests all day long. I WILL NOT bake next year. I have already told my family that I cannot take that risk again.

JANET, I am here.....just nothing to report. I am going to get a fill on Monday. My DH is going with me.....he is having a consult with Dr. Davis for WLS.

I think I am ready for this fill. I have been working on my bites and chewing. Also, when I feel the least bit stuck I put down my fork and stop eating.

My weight has not moved. I know I am eating too much, but I am staying away from bad stuff. Christmas baking was like an alcoholic pouring liquor for guests all day long. I WILL NOT bake next year. I have already told my family that I cannot take that risk again.

Ok GF just cking on you... On the baking - well I enjoy doing it with my GD and it's my treat to me - I just sent most of it home with them an got it out of the house - I allowed myself some - but they were Planned treats..

Thats great about DH looking into surgery - you will be one healthy couple.

Well Im back from the gym 3.05 mile in 48 minutes - incline 2 to 5 speeds 3.5 to 4.2 ... WTG Janet :(

Well off the the shower - nail place opens at 9 - cbl :)

Good morning gang. Just got home from Zumba (Janet, it's me that's taking zumba classes). I felt a little more in step this time but not much. It seemed harder and faster, got a good workout that's for sure. I won't be able to go next Sat. as I have a meeting at the same time as class. However, my friend at work is starting these workout videos. Several people at our gym come in and do P90X workouts which is a series of workout videos by Tony Horton. I had never heard of them but I see he's on QVC today. Or you can get them online at www.beachbodies.com. Well for the 2 of us they are a little extreme to start out. the men in particular really like this series. However, he has a less extreme workout (the X in P90X stands for extreme I believe). the less extreme one is called Power 90 and we are going to start it on Monday. You do it for 90 days it combines, cardio, yoga, pilates abs, etc. Should be interesting. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it and knows what I am getting myself into.

Good morning gang. Just got home from Zumba (Janet, it's me that's taking zumba classes). I felt a little more in step this time but not much. It seemed harder and faster, got a good workout that's for sure. I won't be able to go next Sat. as I have a meeting at the same time as class. However, my friend at work is starting these workout videos. Several people at our gym come in and do P90X workouts which is a series of workout videos by Tony Horton. I had never heard of them but I see he's on QVC today. Or you can get them online at www.beachbodies.com. Well for the 2 of us they are a little extreme to start out. the men in particular really like this series. However, he has a less extreme workout (the X in P90X stands for extreme I believe). the less extreme one is called Power 90 and we are going to start it on Monday. You do it for 90 days it combines, cardio, yoga, pilates abs, etc. Should be interesting. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it and knows what I am getting myself into.

Long - please forgive me I know it's you who's doing the Zumba - - I just got confussed and it was early still. - plus you know I will be 54 very soon :)

Nope I have never seen him - I was watching Suzie Orman and I had gotten her profolio thingie a yr or 2 ago - well this afternoon - I got it out and gott all my important paper work in it... Ang got my folder together for taxes - So I feel like I did accomplish something today..

Ok I just ck'd out that link - I have done the hip hop ab thingie - the sound wasn't great -so sent it back- but turns out that it was my dvd that made the sound icky..

Ok - I am going to go see what I can eat for dinner... I will CBL :)

Hi Kids....

Janet...happy that I can return the favor in the help dept...even if it just one little saying. Treats can be a bugger. I think we all try to plan our meals but that treat thing can throw us off.

Having just a great time here in FL. Just ready to head out for our third big walk of the day. Heading to Jacksonville (I think) tomorrow to see our son. He lives in Atlanta but has to do some duty for the Air Guards this week. DH has not seen him since last Christmas and I saw him in July. We are ready for a big bear hug.

Beautiful day today. Have had some cold weather but way better than at home. Should warm up after this week. I don't mind as long as I can sit out on the porch at least for part of the day to read and can get our walks in. Cannot handle being cooped up.

Have met lots of people and having a great time. Went to a dance last night at our lodge. Fun. Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend. Off we go to do some hiking in the forest. Take care!

I had my band put on 1 month ago yesterday. For the last week I have been experincing pain on my left side. All the way back into my back. I had been able to sleep on my left side but not now. I am worried that it is the port? Anyone else have this

Hi Kids....

Janet...happy that I can return the favor in the help dept...even if it just one little saying. Treats can be a bugger. I think we all try to plan our meals but that treat thing can throw us off.

Having just a great time here in FL. Just ready to head out for our third big walk of the day. Heading to Jacksonville (I think) tomorrow to see our son. He lives in Atlanta but has to do some duty for the Air Guards this week. DH has not seen him since last Christmas and I saw him in July. We are ready for a big bear hug.

Beautiful day today. Have had some cold weather but way better than at home. Should warm up after this week. I don't mind as long as I can sit out on the porch at least for part of the day to read and can get our walks in. Cannot handle being cooped up.

Have met lots of people and having a great time. Went to a dance last night at our lodge. Fun. Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend. Off we go to do some hiking in the forest. Take care!

Apples - Glad you hare having a good time - you mean you can sit and read a book :glare: That's a shock :glare:

Yep - No unplaned treats - but gotta forewarn you all I'm going to Vegas next weekend - So every treat will be planed in general terms - When I am away from home my reslove is totally diff - I really want sweets more - I have this thing about not having any food at my disposal - I gotta have something in the room - i don;t care if I eat it or not - it has to be available - I love the pb crackers - but they have taken them off the market - I had one 1/5 when I took GD to airport.. Didn;t get sick - so since I can't get them now - I got reduced fat cheezit crackers...

I cleaned out the cabnit under my sink and 3 drawer - and have been screwing around the computer trying to figure out tomtom- I think I like garmin better - I did mapquest - changed the route and could have down loaded to a garmin gps... I think with tomtom you gotta buy more maps to get more details - thats messed up... My tomtom doesn't show N Fashion Dr - and it's been there forever cuz that's where a mall is and they dom't show that either..

Well off to watch tv... CBL :huh2:

it's 3 - I am going to go wat

I had my band put on 1 month ago yesterday. For the last week I have been experincing pain on my left side. All the way back into my back. I had been able to sleep on my left side but not now. I am worried that it is the port? Anyone else have this

Call your doctor - I'm not licensed :glare:))) and no I don't think its your port - it isn't goning to hurt in your back ...

Call your doc..

Edited by IndioGirl55

Hey all tonight (Sunday). Went yesterday with dh and ordered cabinets and all new appliances. Really got a great deal on those. Also my ds works at a marble and granite place so we picked out some granite and ceramic tile for floor. Will have to see if he can get a good deal before we purchase. That granite is pretty but very expensive. At least the one I picked out is. came home last night and dh cooked ribeyes on the grill. Well I was stressed out about this kitchen stuff so I had two or three bites of steak and that was it. I pb. I was really hungry too. Waited for about two hours and warmed up some homeade vegetable Soup. Ate it very slow but it finally went down. I am hungry now but I still have trouble with some meat. Week after next I go to the Dr so we will see. Janet, have you been hungry but yet get stuck on meat. Today I had hamburger patty, green Beans and salad for supper. Got the patty down and some of the green Beans down and that was it because I got stuck. That was an hour ago and I am hungry right now. Who knows. At least I walked today. Man, Janet your walking is really good and really fast. Thats why you are staying thin.:huh2:. I wish I lived that close to Vegas. I would go to the shows alot. That would be fun.

Beckyo

I got my second fill this past Tuesday, so now I am at 3.2cc. I have lost a total of 44 lbs. since Halloween, which is one third of my excess weight. It has been harder to eat anything after this fill. I even experienced the PB and throwing up. I think it was the diet soda. I still don't think I am going to be able to drink that. Does anyone else have that problem?

Beach, I was told soda was a big no no. That the carbonation can stretch the band or something like that. I have had a few sips of hubby's on occassion and if it's more than a tiny sip I am very uncomfortable. So not sure if you should even be drinking it, but I know many dr's have different opinions, you might check with your's.