Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!:thumbup:

My birthday is next month and I already know that I will feel better this birthday compared to last year. My goal is to be fit and healthy when I turn 50, in 2010!

Long-your pictures are just great! I hear ya on going to a smaller size. I feel that I just really have gone down a size or two now. I haven't bought any new sizes just had all my clothes tailored. It was soooo much cheaper. I plan to buy new clothes in the spring.

My husband and I went out for supper last night. I had a glass of Riesling, ate a little of salad, tried to eat my filet mignon and baked potato. But I got sick again like I did previously on soda. Do you think it was the Riesling? I have only had a glass of wine prior to last night and it seemed ok just not that good to me anymore. I used to really like wine. Alcohol and soda are a small price to pay for weight loss.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm doing great since I was banded on Tues., 1/27. I didn't have as much pain as other people have described. I am thinking it could be because my doc had me on liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery (and I never cheated) and of course, I walked a lot also, which I know helps. Anyway, no real problems -- enjoying my feeling of fullness -- and looking forward to my journey. Happy Birthday Janet -- your edible arrangement was a great gift -- much better than flowers. Someone at my office had one too and they very nice. Long, so glad you posted those pics -- you look great and are an inspiration to me!

Janet,.....just venting. I went to Chili's this evening and ate fish. Half way into the fish I took a bite to big....swallowed...and got stuck. You would think my a#% would learn. I cannot get unstuck unless I literally throw it up. Does it ever go the other way when you get stuck? I have been tight all day long. I did lift some boxes today. It seems like when I lift groceries or anything over ten lbs I get tight. Has that happened to you? Okay, I am done venting. I don't know if my DH will ever take me out to eat again.

Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!:thumbup:

My birthday is next month and I already know that I will feel better this birthday compared to last year. My goal is to be fit and healthy when I turn 50, in 2010!

Long-your pictures are just great! I hear ya on going to a smaller size. I feel that I just really have gone down a size or two now. I haven't bought any new sizes just had all my clothes tailored. It was soooo much cheaper. I plan to buy new clothes in the spring.

My husband and I went out for supper last night. I had a glass of Riesling, ate a little of salad, tried to eat my filet mignon and baked potato. But I got sick again like I did previously on soda. Do you think it was the Riesling? I have only had a glass of wine prior to last night and it seemed ok just not that good to me anymore. I used to really like wine. Alcohol and soda are a small price to pay for weight loss.

Beach - Yep by 2010 you will be one hot 50 yr old and remember the 50's is the new 30's and with the weight gone you will really beleive that..

On the clothes - don't buy expensive - I will tell you that - I bought 12 said ok that's it - then 10's oh that's reallly it - then 8's ya that's as small as I am getting - well today mostly 4's & some 6's and an occiasional 2..

Can't tell you about the wine - don't think that was it - most likely the steak or salad (you weren't drinking with meals were you;0)..

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm doing great since I was banded on Tues., 1/27. I didn't have as much pain as other people have described. I am thinking it could be because my doc had me on liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery (and I never cheated) and of course, I walked a lot also, which I know helps. Anyway, no real problems -- enjoying my feeling of fullness -- and looking forward to my journey. Happy Birthday Janet -- your edible arrangement was a great gift -- much better than flowers. Someone at my office had one too and they very nice. Long, so glad you posted those pics -- you look great and are an inspiration to me!

Ljv - Glad your surgery went well, the only real pain I had was the gas - had a llittle problem with that but after a day or 2 it was fine...

Well, gang just cking in - went to costco - got shrimp scallops salmon a dress 2 capris - green beans... Now washing clothes and getting ready to watch some boob tube and read....

CBL:wink:

I went to Chilis today too. No fish though and no stuck issues. I got the Burger Bites which are 4 mini burgers, I ate the meat off of 1 1/2 of them and brought the rest home. Though with my tooth issues lately I've been getting stuck a lot. I think with the pain of chewing, I'm not chewing well enough. I've PB'd several times lately. I've never been stuck and not thrown up or PB'd, whatever you call it, and it went away.

Janet,.....just venting. I went to Chili's this evening and ate fish. Half way into the fish I took a bite to big....swallowed...and got stuck. You would think my a#% would learn. I cannot get unstuck unless I literally throw it up. Does it ever go the other way when you get stuck? I have been tight all day long. I did lift some boxes today. It seems like when I lift groceries or anything over ten lbs I get tight. Has that happened to you? Okay, I am done venting. I don't know if my DH will ever take me out to eat again.

Hugs Charlene - does it ever go away - I don't think so - but it will happen less often - the more it happens the more you will think when you are eating out about small bites and chewing - I am usually very very careful when out - I have had to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times - and like you it usually comes up - sometimes it goes down depending on what it is - but usually comes up - then I am fine and can continue to eat... I pb'd on Peanut Butter the other night - well reall just bp'd slime - but you know what I mean

I find exercise makes me tight - after my 4 mile walk this morning - drinking Water was hard - my band seems a little looser lately - ate way too much last nite but to me Pasta is a slider food especially if you chew well - the better you chew the more you can eat..I have learned that lately.

Just be super mindful when you eat out - that's all I can say - chew the crap out of your food - that's what I have been doing lately - I would say that my chewing has gotten alot better -especially when I have taken a big bite... I just chew chew chew... But again I have about a year on you - so ya it does get better....

I was at costco today for my lunch :0)- tasted hot link - 3 wings - spinach dip - hummas - meat ball.. but didn't buy any of it !!! I love the spinach dip but to many calories - hummas 70 for 2 tblsp - no that's too much too... So just got my fish and veggies..

Practice makes perfect :thumbup:

Long and Janet, I feel I am in good company. When I read about your experiences then I feel better. I am so glad I have all of you for support. I think I would be scared if I was having issues and couldn't share. I would think the band was slipping or something bad like that. My DH started on his pre op weight management. He quit drinking diet coke and now he chews his food slower than me.

Oh, on another subject, have you ever checked into a LIFESTYLE LIFT? It is a less invasive facelift. My friend of thirty yrs had bypass when I had the band and she has lost 100lbs. She went for a consult today and they are doing her face and lids for six thousand. Fifty more lbs and I am going to check into it. You girls are younger, and I am going to be 58 next month, but the ole face is hanging like I am 70. Another fifty lbs and I will have to put my stomach and chin in a wheelbarrow. Won't be a pretty site!:thumbup::lol::thumbup::thumbup::eek::tongue:

Long and Janet, I feel I am in good company. When I read about your experiences then I feel better. I am so glad I have all of you for support. I think I would be scared if I was having issues and couldn't share. I would think the band was slipping or something bad like that. My DH started on his pre op weight management. He quit drinking diet coke and now he chews his food slower than me.

Oh, on another subject, have you ever checked into a LIFESTYLE LIFT? It is a less invasive facelift. My friend of thirty yrs had bypass when I had the band and she has lost 100lbs. She went for a consult today and they are doing her face and lids for six thousand. Fifty more lbs and I am going to check into it. You girls are younger, and I am going to be 58 next month, but the ole face is hanging like I am 70. Another fifty lbs and I will have to put my stomach and chin in a wheelbarrow. Won't be a pretty site!:thumbup::lol::thumbup::tongue::eek::eek:

Ok you got my interest - $6k for a facelift - I have heard about them - I think a doc here does them - I have seen the commercial- but that's a great price - I am only 4 yrs younger and that's not much - heck I have a lot of friends who are 60+- my face could very much use a lift - my eyes are awful... I may just have to ck into it - can't hurt to get a consultation - and my arms - I just don't feel great about spending $15k for face & arms - The way the enconomy is right now - Summer is coming and my arms seem worse than last yr - and I have a gf who keeps buying me short sleeve stuff - I don't wear short sleeve - she knows I am very self conciouse about my arms - is she saying something do you think.. My gs is talking about going to college and I am going to need the $$$ for that..

I am going to ck into that face lift though...

there was something else I wanted to say = but now I forgot... See I'm 54 and forgeting stuff - heck I was putting food up and took the sherbet out to put the scallops in - then went and did something else - tried on the clothes I got at costco (they need changing rooms) and then came back out - guess what was on the counter melting :thumbup:

Ok I remembered - I have the body of a 80 yr old lady when naked - so don't feel bad - put in my clothes I look ok with the right foundation - so I am happy for the most part !!!

Edited by IndioGirl55

JANET.YOU ARE TOO FUNNY. Yeah, not a bad price. We can hide the other stuff, but this mug is the first thing i see in the morning and sets the tone for the rest of the day. That's what I'm talking about!

JANET.YOU ARE TOO FUNNY. Yeah, not a bad price. We can hide the other stuff, but this mug is the first thing i see in the morning and sets the tone for the rest of the day. That's what I'm talking about!

Yep - thats so true !!! I feel pretty good going to work - it's at night if I am going out - then I really feel old.. Thankfully I don't go out too often..

I see the commercials on TV for the lifestlyle lift all the time, I've wondered about them. I am also noticing my arms more now, especially when I am working out and have them in positions over my head and stuff, stuff sags. But I'll take sagging over the fat anyday! Maybe I'll win the lottery and be able to afford to fix it all. But guess that means I'd have to buy a ticket first!! LOL

Just got home went out to visit my mother in law and took her out to dinner. I share a meal with my husband now I had a piece of his steak and 1/2 of his baked potatoe.

2/18 is my birthday I am turning 46 and this time next year I will have my new body forever. So 47 will be good for me.

Janet I go for my second fill on 2/4. I currently have 4cc in my band. I did not check with my doctor about the sit ups I better stop until I ask him. I had just started today. I am not having any pain. I am up to walking about 2.5 miles or 45 min on my stationary bike.

How much do you have in your band? Do you still get fills or are you at your sweet spot?

Your the best. Rose

Good morning all. Geez I'm reading about you guys talking about face and arm lifts and I'm thinking you guys probably don't know how good you really look - I mean to me your weight loss accomplishments are so awesome, I can't believe for the life of me that you would need anything else. Ok call me naive ...but you can't imagine how much you all inspire me - and you all have come so far, that I can't imagine any thirty year old having anything on any of you. A couple of weeks ago I was reading People magazine or one of those type magazines. They had pictures of the top female stars in two piece bathing suits - with some sort of caption about who has the best body. Well call me stupid, but Helen Mirren who has 30 - 40 years on all the women in this photo, clearly had the best body of them all. I mean she looked GOOD. You could see she works out as you could see the muscle definition in her legs, arms etc. Yes, you could tell in her face that she was the oldest, but this lady looked amazing. I've seen her in other photos and let me tell you if I could look 1/2 as good as she does when I get in my 60's, then I think to myself that 60's won't be so bad. She is a looker, with all the grace and poise that comes with maturity. In my mind, that's how I picture you all - especially you Indigo (Janet).

Well anyway...yesterday wasn't too bad. I find myself eating about every hour, but for me eating consists of Protein drinks, Soups, sf pudding and chocolate milk. I'm getting used to this and I'm not as anxious about getting to the mushies as I once was. I'm not feeling badly; except I do have a lot of gas (glad I'm not really around folks when it happens LOL). I also have like a feeling of a being pinched on my left side, when I take a deep breath. I think that is probably gas to - any thoughts on this? I have my post op follow up in the morning so, I'm real interested to see what the medical staff thinks about my progress so far. What are some of things you guys ate when you progressed to pureed food. I know I can't drink my meals forever, but I don't want to make any bad food choices as I progress to the next stage.

Edited by sharons
spelling, grammar

I am having surgery on 2/17 and I am getting REALLY nervous. I spent the day yesterday reading stuff about post op pain and issues and could not sleep last night. I would love a buddy as I live in a small town and do not know anyone else that I can talk to. I am 44 and 250 pounds with two little children. I KNOW I need and want to do this but would love a buddy who can hold my hand a bit?

Thanks!

I am having surgery on 2/17 and I am getting REALLY nervous. I spent the day yesterday reading stuff about post op pain and issues and could not sleep last night. I would love a buddy as I live in a small town and do not know anyone else that I can talk to. I am 44 and 250 pounds with two little children. I KNOW I need and want to do this but would love a buddy who can hold my hand a bit?

Thanks!

Welcome Marty! Janet is our guru that started this thread. She is a wealth of information. Just jump in and ask. Hopefully you will find the help and support here. I know I did. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: