Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

This is an incredibly inspiring post Janet. It's awesome to the nth degree. Just logging onto this site and reading, reading, reading is like spending hours with a therapist. Thank you so much for caring.

bonnie

Thanks Bonnie...

Yes just concentrate on today.. This moment and each day do that - don't worry about tomorrow or next week - just take it one day at a time...

I am glad I can help - I really am !!! This goes for all of you who post or just read this thread - I'm really truly want you all to succeed at this - it's so impowering to gain control over your life and the issues that we all have..

For those of you who post - to me you are more than my cyber buddies - you are my new found friends/sisters.

In fact wheres Becky --- she hasn't posted in a few days.. - ok I am coming looking for you girl - I know that new kitchen isn't taking up all your time...

Bonnie - I am so glad that you are tracking your food !!! food - eat healthy it will help that cold - make a pot of chicken Soup - it's low in calories (just don't put too many tatoes, rice or noodles in it ok :0) and you can eat on that for a few days !!!

Ok just cking in on my lunch hour - am suppose to be working - but you know how that goes..

TTYL - Hugs - Janet:tongue:

Just booked my 100 lb reward...A Meditteranean cruise!! We sail from Barcelona on May 10th. WOO HOO!!! DH had promised me this cruise about 3 or 4 yrs ago one time when I was crying on his shoulder about my weight and he said if you ever lose 100 lbs..... And here I am!! Got a fantastic deal too, can't wait! Oh the new clothes I am going to need!!

Sharon, about the Water, do you carry a water bottle with you? I have one with me whereever I go and that helps me a lot to get in my Water. Just sips here, there and everywhere.

Awesome reward! I know you will have a great trip. I bought my fifty lb loss reward today. I got a James Avery charm Bracelet and bought a 50 charm. I just want to have benchmarks of my journey. I am working on another 50 now.

Awesome reward! I know you will have a great trip. I bought my fifty lb loss reward today. I got a James Avery charm Bracelet and bought a 50 charm. I just want to have benchmarks of my journey. I am working on another 50 now.

Charlene - looks like you are going to be needing a 60's charnm in another day or so - WTG !!!! 59 lbs you are doing really good... Keep it up :0)

Wow - what a reward. What a guy :angry: I don't have a Water bottle per se, but I was carry Water with me wherever I go. My problem is I don't like water, and before the band, I would make myself drink it by guzzling it down in one big gulp. Since I now have to sip it, I tend to get bored with it and put it aside and never pick it up. I probably have 1/2 filled water bottles everywhere. I did however find a brand I can pretty much tolerate. It's called SoBe Life Water. It's got some sugar (e.g. 2pts WW, 20oz), but I'll have to make some other food adjustments to compensate since it is the only water product that I have actually finished. Water has always been a problem for me.

Apples - please share with me your experiences regarding kidney stones.

Indio - your right it is all about me...sounds so selfish, but I am doing this for me. I don't know what it is about you, but you inspire me and make me feel like I'm not alone. I know you are giving back what was probably given to you, but it is special to give of yourself and time and I am grateful for it.

Today was pretty good. Nothing major. Dropped my morning Decaf coffee in the parking lot on the way to work...dang I was so looking forward to sipping on that for a couple of hours. Warm liquids quiet my hunger more. Oh well, I had cottage cheese instead. Not the best substitute, but it did it's job.

I'm getting ready to leave work now, neck is stiff and I'm tired, but I'm trying to check in here pretty regularly as part of my plan to stay focused.

Night all. (I talk to much ...)

Hey gang! I have been soo busy this last few days. Getting ready for local elections, new kitchen, grand kids, etc. I finally did hit the 60 lb mark a few days ago but now it is bouncing up and down 59, 58, 60, 59 and so on. I have been getting in exercise but not as much. I think I need a fill. There is such a big difference in needing a fill and being tight. I am tight alot from exercise, stress, etc, etc. Friday night, dinner was green Beans, chicken, rice. Ate the Beans too fast, could not eat any more. Monday went out for lunch and ate the whole lunch. This band is wierd sometimes. Some days I can eat and others I can't. Every time I am starved is when I really get stuck early on. I do have that first bite syndrome all of the time. Janet, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Long, your pictures are great. You are looking good!. Now I gotta get mine up here. Apples, sounds like you are having fun. I can't believe you can cook all of that delicious food and not be tempted. I can cook it sometimes but not as much as you. My weight loss has slowed down. Last time I went and had a fill was week of Thanksgiving. I have 2.75 in a 4cc band. I didn't think I need a fill but most things I eat are no longer sticking with me very long. I still have to eat very very slow though . Like Janet says, I don't want to be overfilled either but I think I should go in and at least get a tweek. I will hop on here tomorrow and see how you all are.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Hello everyone. Glad to hear that everyone one is doing so well. Tonight was my poker night I play with a great group of people every Tuesday night. Tonight a couple of people came up to me and said you look great keep up the good work. It made me feel good and inspired me to keep pusing along. This week the scale has not moved, but I have been working out alot more and doing more weights so I am not going to let the scale get me down. I can feel it in my clothes.

Janet I am glad that your tests went well....keep us posted.

I am so proud of all of you that have lost so much weight....I cannot wait to be a winner like the rest of you.

hi everyone i'm still on my blended Soup. does it hurt to eat really "soft" food. I get so hungry for really food. i haven't had my first fill yet. will it hurt my lap band.

Good Morning Gang - Sorry I didn't post last night - I had a meeting with a lady who's going to house sit/babysit my fur babies when I go on my cruise next month and then when I did get on the computer - I couldn;t get to LBT..

Wow - what a reward. What a guy :tongue: I don't have a Water bottle per se, but I was carry Water with me wherever I go. My problem is I don't like water, and before the band, I would make myself drink it by guzzling it down in one big gulp. Since I now have to sip it, I tend to get bored with it and put it aside and never pick it up. I probably have 1/2 filled water bottles everywhere. I did however find a brand I can pretty much tolerate. It's called SoBe Life Water. It's got some sugar (e.g. 2pts WW, 20oz), but I'll have to make some other food adjustments to compensate since it is the only water product that I have actually finished. Water has always been a problem for me.

Apples - please share with me your experiences regarding kidney stones.

Indio - your right it is all about me...sounds so selfish, but I am doing this for me. I don't know what it is about you, but you inspire me and make me feel like I'm not alone. I know you are giving back what was probably given to you, but it is special to give of yourself and time and I am grateful for it.

Today was pretty good. Nothing major. Dropped my morning Decaf coffee in the parking lot on the way to work...dang I was so looking forward to sipping on that for a couple of hours. Warm liquids quiet my hunger more. Oh well, I had cottage cheese instead. Not the best substitute, but it did it's job.

I'm getting ready to leave work now, neck is stiff and I'm tired, but I'm trying to check in here pretty regularly as part of my plan to stay focused.

Night all. (I talk to much ...)

Sharon - I really feel that it's ok to be selfish and I really don't think selfish is the right word - even though i use it to - it's about taking care of you.

This is our life too - and for the most part all we do is give give give - to our kids - our DH'S - to our jobs - and we never think about us - well ya we did - we fed our faces with food that was our reward for taking care of everyone and everything else it's what we did for us. And look where it got us - being obese pple - who really felt bad about ourselfs and were in so deep we didn't know how to get out..

I really feel that we have paid our dues and it's about time that we do stuff for US...

Coffee - I can't do without it - it's what gets me going in the mornings - but mine is leaded :cursing: I need my caffine in the a.m. and sometimes in the afternoons too...

Gotta say that most of the stuff I preach here is from all the stuff I have learned through the years - my life experience you would say - I am just in a place now that I am really putting what I have learned into practice... The most important thing I learned when I joined LBT - is that the band is only a tool - the ladies who use to post in the 50 thread told me think day one... So for me I knew that this was going to have to be a whole lifestyle change..

Hey gang! I have been soo busy this last few days. Getting ready for local elections, new kitchen, grand kids, etc. I finally did hit the 60 lb mark a few days ago but now it is bouncing up and down 59, 58, 60, 59 and so on. I have been getting in exercise but not as much. I think I need a fill. There is such a big difference in needing a fill and being tight. I am tight alot from exercise, stress, etc, etc. Friday night, dinner was green Beans, chicken, rice. Ate the Beans too fast, could not eat any more. Monday went out for lunch and ate the whole lunch. This band is wierd sometimes. Some days I can eat and others I can't. Every time I am starved is when I really get stuck early on. I do have that first bite syndrome all of the time. Janet, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Long, your pictures are great. You are looking good!. Now I gotta get mine up here. Apples, sounds like you are having fun. I can't believe you can cook all of that delicious food and not be tempted. I can cook it sometimes but not as much as you. My weight loss has slowed down. Last time I went and had a fill was week of Thanksgiving. I have 2.75 in a 4cc band. I didn't think I need a fill but most things I eat are no longer sticking with me very long. I still have to eat very very slow though . Like Janet says, I don't want to be overfilled either but I think I should go in and at least get a tweek. I will hop on here tomorrow and see how you all are.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Becky - You band sounds like mine - somedays I can eat others I can't still have to eat slow - but food doesn't always stick w/me for long... I will tell you that just .01 can be enought of a tweek to get you back to staying full longer..

Hello everyone. Glad to hear that everyone one is doing so well. Tonight was my poker night I play with a great group of people every Tuesday night. Tonight a couple of people came up to me and said you look great keep up the good work. It made me feel good and inspired me to keep pusing along. This week the scale has not moved, but I have been working out alot more and doing more weights so I am not going to let the scale get me down. I can feel it in my clothes.

Janet I am glad that your tests went well....keep us posted.

I am so proud of all of you that have lost so much weight....I cannot wait to be a winner like the rest of you.

Rose - Yep the booby issue - it's kind of scary - but thank God all my test have come back negative - and I love our local breast institue - they are really great..

Yep don't let the scales get you down - there are alot of pple who might not lose for a week or 2 then drop like 3-4-5 lbs in one week - and the clothes fitting loser if a great incentive. Did you take your measurements in the beginning - I did and I think after 6 months I took them again..

hi everyone i'm still on my blended Soup. does it hurt to eat really "soft" food. I get so hungry for really food. i haven't had my first fill yet. will it hurt my lap band.

Nope Tweety you can't eat soft foods when you are suppose to be on liquids - NO EATING TIL YOUR DOC SAYS ITS OK ..

Have you made some bean soup and then puree the beans - it's a real lifesaver -

Hi everyone - Just checking in. Still in St. Kitts. The time is flying by, but I am enxious to get hoome. Two weeks eating in restaurants is sooo hard. I even had an unfortunate PB episode where I wasn't expecting it and it came right up. Thank goodness for a strong linen napkin!

Anyway, Janet I missed your b-day! Hope it was a good one.

Long, great pics!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kathy

Hi everyone - Just checking in. Still in St. Kitts. The time is flying by, but I am enxious to get hoome. Two weeks eating in restaurants is sooo hard. I even had an unfortunate PB episode where I wasn't expecting it and it came right up. Thank goodness for a strong linen napkin!

Anyway, Janet I missed your b-day! Hope it was a good one.

Long, great pics!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kathy

Kathy

Ya 2 weeks of resturant food - is a bit much - and even though we love vacation - it's alway good to get home to your own house and bed.. But I still would like a week on the beach - with a couple of cocktails of the day.. Yummy..

Yep napkins are great - I find that after I have taken too big of a bite and know if I swallow I will be in trouble - I am always glad to have a good napkin in my lap :cursing:

When do you come home this weekend - heck it's been in the high 70's if not 80 for the last few days but a cold front is coming in 68 tomorrow and 64 on Sat & Sunday... This time of year it can't make up it's mind to be warm or cold...

Thought you might be interested in this post on another thread " Top tummy fullness - lower tummy still hungry"...

Has anyone else noticed that after eating, you get what they call the full feelting (upper stomach pressure) but still have a bottom empty feeling? With stomach growling and everything?

You bet and I am 19 months out - banded 7/17/07 & am at my sweet spot and I feel this exact way after mostly dinner every night...

This is called head hunger - satiety it's a whole new thing - we aren't satisfied with lets say 1 cup food - yes our tummies are full but we still want to eat - we are not satisfied mentally with the amount of food that we just ate as we are use to eat 4 x as much.

Think about it you are full physically and stomach growling means that it's digesting food that's all - its not that you are really hunger - as you just said you are full - but menatilly you are not full - remember they banded our stomaches and not our heads and IMHO that's where the majority of our problems are..

I say for me that my head hunger manifests its' self in to what I think of as real hunger - but how can I be really hungry if I eat another bite I will pb.. Like you said the new tummy is full.. The full nerve is at the top of the stomach not the bottom - so really this is just head hunger

Gang - this is a whole new arena for us - most of the time we didn't eat cuz we where physically hungry - we didn't stop even when we were physically full - we ate cuz it tasted good - it how we got our seratonin (sp) hormones going which reduces our anxiety - soothed us do to whatever was the reason we ate was - and it could be just something as simple as being bored.

Food is our drug of choice - Please understand that it's not going to let go of it's hold on us just cuz we got the band..

Yep the band makes us fuller on a smaller amount of food - but it doesn't deal with the reason we ate. Only we can do that.

But I will tell you I am right there with you - most nights I eat my 4 oz of fish 1/2 c veggies and then try and stuff in 1/4 to 1/2 cup rice - and really truly I was physically full from just the fish...

Just a little bit of my experience as a bander for what it's worth..

Good Luck !!!

Hi all ~ just checking in. Doing fine. A little challenge at work cause someone bought in a whole tub of brownies - one of my personal chocolate favorites (baked goods are my weakness). I was able to walk by them yesterday and did so today; but I swear the imagine of them sitting there stays in my mind long after I've left the area. I know they will still be there tomorrow, so this is a real challenge. I'm still on mushies, so I know I can't eat them, but I do think about how I can chew on them until they are mushy enough to go down. I haven't followed through yet, but it sure is a challenge. Anyone have a first time challenge after banded; and how did you get through it? Oh yeah, a very good friend of mine at work celebrated his B-day and invited me to a little b-day party they gave him at work. Cake & ice cream - Oh boy. I said no thanks, but again even if I don't buy the food, someone is always trying to feed me. The trick is to nicely say "no thanks" when my tummy says "YES."

Ok - enough out of me. I hope everyone had a wonderful day and a better day tomorrow.