Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Rose, actually I've noticed the opposite, I've never been so healthy. Praise God!! But before surgery, I never took Vitamins etc. and now I take so many. Do you take vitamins? I was told I needed to take one Multivitamin daily and after my blood tests maybe two but my tests were good so I only do one. I do a Centrum Silver chewable. But my Vitamin B levels were low so I have to take a B12 and a B1 in addition to the multi. Also take Biotin (hair loss) and Calcium. I hope you are feeling better soon. I've had one cold since banding last June. I always panic when I get a cold as it usually goes to my chest in the form of pnuemonia or bronchitis.

Long,Me Too! I haven't been sick since being banded in July. I have not been good at taking vitamins and I need to. My back is better too. I can hardly wait to get to where you are.....COME ON ONEDERLAND! I think you will be there this week.:lol::thumbup::thumbup:

Long,Me Too! I haven't been sick since being banded in July. I have not been good at taking Vitamins and I need to. My back is better too. I can hardly wait to get to where you are.....COME ON ONEDERLAND! I think you will be there this week.:lol::thumbup::thumbup:

It's amazing how great I feel after being banded. Less aches and pains, etc.

Sharon, you will get there. It seems so overwhelming at first. I'm not sure going back to liquids is the answer though, you need to learn how to eat and not resort to the liquids. I am to do 1/2 cup portions too. right after surgery it is hard as they call this period bandster hell. You have a band, but little restriction and are hungry a lot. It does get better. I had bad issues with Constipation too. I tried Colace that helped some, when that didn't work glycerin suppositories and when they didn't work Miralax. Since adding Kashi Go Lean Cereal for Breakfast I am better. But if I remember right you are recently post op so might be best to check with your dr. Keep reviewing that notebook, it was my bible for a few months after surgery, it's a learning process and your band will remind you if you forget.

nThanks Kathy. Sorry to hear of your paralyzed esophogas, never heard of such a thing. I hope there is something they can do for it so you can get back to your restriction. Sounds miserable to not be able to eat all day and then be able to eat all night. Keep us posted.

I had never heard of it either. He had a longer more medical term for it. I'm going to be strict with foods and portions for two weeks, recording it all, so that we can look at it together. We'll figure it out.

Hey, hows everyone doing tonight (Monday). Tomorrow I go to the Dr. We will see. Janet, Chicos has summer shirts that have longer sleeves. Thats all my older sister will buy and now I am running into that problem. Went on a fast walk today in between stuff. My new tile floor is soo pretty. I love it. You know I have that same problem of not being able to eat very well in the daytime. Anyway I gotta get the scale going downward again on a regular basis. Summers coming.

Anyway we will see about tomorrow. Glad everyone is doing okay so far.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Well...I've had a little setback:frown: Janet thanks for explaining the terms. I've experienced that feeling but didn't know what it was. Nothing actually came up so I just thought it was a "burp." :thumbup: and kept eating. Now that I know this and coupled with reviewing the notebook I received from my doc again (I got a notebook too), PLUS, the gas and now serious Constipation I'm experiencing, I think I have been eating too much.

My stomach is literally in knots. I did lose 1.8lbs this week and I was a little disappointed about this, because I thought I was doing everything right; at least I didn't gain. I've decided to go back to the full liquid diet for a day or two in order to get my tummy straightened out. I've added prune juice to my daily intake and hopefully this will help to cleanse my system. I also purchased a food scale and some measuring cups. When I went back and read my post op instructions, I realized I'm only supposed to be taking in 1/2 cup of food for 4-6 weeks after surgery. This is my 3rd week and last night I had about 2oz of salmon, 1/2 baked potato and an 1oz of brussel sprouts. I mashed the stuff up pretty well and ate slowly, but obviously I'm eating way more than what I suppose to have, plus I need to limit starches to about 2 servings a week. I'm paying for it now.

Let's hope my system clears up in a couple of days. 1/2 cup of food is NO food at all, but I will do my best. :lol:

One day I'll be able to shop for clothing anywhere I want, but Macy's is the one I tend to shop at the most. Every now and then I can find something that fits and lloks ok on me from Marshall's or TJ Maxx - not often. Someone PLEASE tell me the band will eventually help me get to my weight loss goals.

Sharon - Your meal wasn't that bad 2 oz fish 1 oz veggie and dependng the size of the baked potatoe - you had maybe just a little over 4 oz - 4 oz is 1/2 cup and if you mushied it up - it's not bad - heck prior to my 1st fill I was eating 4 oz fish and like 1 cup veggies -

Eat real food - not liquids - this isn't a diet but a new way of life - just keep plugging along - don't give up - don't get discouraged - you lost weight - That's fantastic.

As long as I get my Water & fats in - I don't have a constipaton problem - but if I do I take ducolax - it's a tiny orange pill - If I am super constipated then I take 2 at bed and in the morning - the problem is gone.

1.8 lbs in a week is good - it's a loss were as before it would not have been - I know you think it should be falling off - but it doesn't work that way - all those 1.8 will add it and once you start getting your fills it will help..

I had never heard of it either. He had a longer more medical term for it. I'm going to be strict with foods and portions for two weeks, recording it all, so that we can look at it together. We'll figure it out.

Kathy - Hugs GF what a thing to have - Prayer that it all works out..

Hey, hows everyone doing tonight (Monday). Tomorrow I go to the Dr. We will see. Janet, Chicos has summer shirts that have longer sleeves. Thats all my older sister will buy and now I am running into that problem. Went on a fast walk today in between stuff. My new tile floor is soo pretty. I love it. You know I have that same problem of not being able to eat very well in the daytime. Anyway I gotta get the scale going downward again on a regular basis. Summers coming.

Anyway we will see about tomorrow. Glad everyone is doing okay so far.

Becky

I have 3 tops from Chico's that are 3/4 length sleeve - but the are hard to find...

You kitchen is coming along really fast... That's great - What did you decide about the job??

I am pooped tonite went and walked a mile on the treadmill 3.0 speed - 3 to 5 incline then 1 hr weights (legs) with the trainer - didn't take anything out for dinner - am hungry - got a pain behind my port - could be from laying on this machine doing leg curls..

I guess I am having left over Soup for dinner..

Hi everyone. Long, you are a great inspiration, congratulations on your 100 lb. loss. I am just started to eat pureed foods. I had two week pre-op liquid diet and now two weeks post op. I am enjoying some real food, but can't eat much (for whcih I'm thankful). Not getting on the scale until tomorrow, trying to weigh in just once a week, but it's hard. Doctor gave clearance to go back to Water aerobics, so will be adding that in starting Wednes. Thanks to you all for your advice and guidance.

Linda

Hi everyone. Long, you are a great inspiration, congratulations on your 100 lb. loss. I am just started to eat pureed foods. I had two week pre-op liquid diet and now two weeks post op. I am enjoying some real food, but can't eat much (for whcih I'm thankful). Not getting on the scale until tomorrow, trying to weigh in just once a week, but it's hard. Doctor gave clearance to go back to Water aerobics, so will be adding that in starting Wednes. Thanks to you all for your advice and guidance.

Linda

Hey Linda

Yep getting back to real food is so great !!!

Glad you are going to exercise !!!

Between eating healthy, exercise and restriction you will realize your dreams.

Linda

Thanks Linda. Never did I think when starting on this journey that I would ever inspire anyone else, so that is neat to hear. I remember that first taste of mushies (refried Beans for me) never tasted so good after the liquids. seems most of the liquids were so sweet it felt good to get another flavor in my mouth. Good luck on the scale tomorrow. But just a warning, you probably lost rapidly on the liquids, at least for me, when I added mushies the scale stopped moving for a week or two. I was in a pure panic, but luckily Janet here, calmed me down and said it was normal. They refer to this time as bandster hell, as you are starting to feel better after surgery, getting an appetite back, but yet don't really have much restriction yet until your first fill. The primary goal right now is to heal, the losses will come, once you start getting fills. So if that happens, hang in there!

Hi everyone,

It is so nice to hear all the good news everyone has--you are all such an inspiration for me. I had some good news of my own. I went to my family doctor last week and he took me off one of my diabetic medications and cut my blood pressure medicine in half. So far I have come off 3 1/2 drugs since my surgery. I still have a couple more to go but what a change. My lapband surgeon was soooo happy. His goal is to make me healthy and for us to "grow old together". He is about half my age so that is a good goal for me. My weight is coming off slow but it is coming off. I didn't get (or even need) a fill this past Friday. I believe I have good restriction. And I have started doing some walking on the treadmill--my knee is even better. I thought I was going to have to have a knee replacement but now I may not have to. The dr said for evey pound you lose it takes 4 lbs pressure off the knee--so my knee is thanking me for 140 lbs less pressure. People I haven't seen for a couple of months are now noticing my weight loss. It is such a nice feeling to get that compliment. It is amazing that these few words are so motivating.

Hey Jill :smile:

GREAT NSV's !!!! Way to go :thumbup:

Good job Jill. It don't matter how fast you loose as long as you keep going downward. Not everyone is the same. Oh and Janet, I tried to pm you this morning but I don't think I did it right. Did you get a message from me? Anyway I went to Dr today. I have lost 12 lbs since Nov 18. It has been a slow few months but the point is I went down through two holidays. I got a fill of .05cc so we will see. I thought that it might be too much but he says he don't think so. Anyway their new way after a fill is 3 days clears, 4 days full liquids and one week of mushies. I hate that. I am hungry right now. I came home from Dr and took a 3 mile walk, it was soo nice out today. I am going to do the best I can with their rules. My Dr claims that a fill should start working instantly but I don't seem to think it works that way with me. Its like about a week later and then bam! there it is. I am holding my 60 lbs off so now maybe I can make it 70:thumbup:. Anyway, Janet I have elected to take the job for the first two weeks to see how it goes. Its great money and I can't pass it up. My dh had to work overtime tonight so no work on kitchen. Anyway I am tired tonight, traveling to Dr, long walk and NO FOOD:crying:.

I am glad to hear all is well with everyone right now. Keep up the good work everybody and I talk with you all later.

Hey guys! Doing much better today.:thumbup: Thank you for the encouragement, support and suggestions Long/Indio. I've seen folks refer to you as role models and can't help but add to the chorus - I watch your progress and listen to your counsel and am so grateful that you are here and willing to give back to the new person. I really don't know what I'm doing, what to expect or anything - but I am trying.

I did stick with liquids today, but looking forward to adding back the food tomorrow - this time, I'll stick with the amounts suggested by my physician. I do need some clarity regarding the amounts, cause like I said 1/2 cup is no food at all. Not sure if it's 1/2 cup a day or per meal:huh2:

The prune juice helped tremendously, but it took some time to work through. It was only 1/2 a baked potato, but it was a big potato to start with. I think I'll stick more with Beans, veggies (green), fish and chicken. With all this Protein I'm supposed to get in, I definitely need to get in enough Fiber as well.

Anyway - thanks again and talk to you guys soon. Oh yeah-I do want this thing right away, but I know it is a process and takes time; it just when I see you guys have lost over 100lbs, I'm so excited about the prospect that I get impatient.

Good job Jill. It don't matter how fast you loose as long as you keep going downward. Not everyone is the same. Oh and Janet, I tried to pm you this morning but I don't think I did it right. Did you get a message from me? Anyway I went to Dr today. I have lost 12 lbs since Nov 18. It has been a slow few months but the point is I went down through two holidays. I got a fill of .05cc so we will see. I thought that it might be too much but he says he don't think so. Anyway their new way after a fill is 3 days clears, 4 days full liquids and one week of mushies. I hate that. I am hungry right now. I came home from Dr and took a 3 mile walk, it was soo nice out today. I am going to do the best I can with their rules. My Dr claims that a fill should start working instantly but I don't seem to think it works that way with me. Its like about a week later and then bam! there it is. I am holding my 60 lbs off so now maybe I can make it 70:thumbup:. Anyway, Janet I have elected to take the job for the first two weeks to see how it goes. Its great money and I can't pass it up. My dh had to work overtime tonight so no work on kitchen. Anyway I am tired tonight, traveling to Dr, long walk and NO FOOD:crying:.

I am glad to hear all is well with everyone right now. Keep up the good work everybody and I talk with you all later.

Becky

You posted to my profile - it wasn't a private message - but that's ok.. I think you can click my pic or Indiogirll55 and it will ask if you want to send a private message - I would go for the $$$ too - it shouldn't affect your eating too much - just prepare and take food with you

You doc's rules are tougher than mine - mine wants a week of full liquids - week mushie - week soft - then finally regular... I sort did it the 1st fill - but not the 2nd - I modified it and did full liquids for like1 or 2 days then soft/mushie for a few days. My 1st fill felt right away - but after 2 weeks it relaxed - and I think the 2nd fill took a few days to settle in.. IMHO I think they do that(post op diet) so it will jump start your weight loss.. but it can back fire too - I think the 1st day liquid is good then move to mushie then soft... But that's just my personal opinion and I sure in the heck don't have a license - so do what you think best and works for you...

Hey guys! Doing much better today.:thumbup: Thank you for the encouragement, support and suggestions Long/Indio. I've seen folks refer to you as role models and can't help but add to the chorus - I watch your progress and listen to your counsel and am so grateful that you are here and willing to give back to the new person. I really don't know what I'm doing, what to expect or anything - but I am trying.

I did stick with liquids today, but looking forward to adding back the food tomorrow - this time, I'll stick with the amounts suggested by my physician. I do need some clarity regarding the amounts, cause like I said 1/2 cup is no food at all. Not sure if it's 1/2 cup a day or per meal:huh2:

The prune juice helped tremendously, but it took some time to work through. It was only 1/2 a baked potato, but it was a big potato to start with. I think I'll stick more with Beans, veggies (green), fish and chicken. With all this Protein I'm supposed to get in, I definitely need to get in enough fiber as well.

Anyway - thanks again and talk to you guys soon. Oh yeah-I do want this thing right away, but I know it is a process and takes time; it just when I see you guys have lost over 100lbs, I'm so excited about the prospect that I get impatient.

Sharon

it's 1/2 per meal... Yes with that it's going to be hard to get your Protein in unless you eat every few hours 4 oz is 1/2 cup and rule of thumb for every ounce of meat there is 7 grms of protein (I had homework on my pre-op and that stuck with me :smile:)

so that means if you have 4 oz of tuna for Breakfast that 28 grms then for lunch you have another 4 oz of tuna that's a total 56 grms then dinner 2 oz of meat for 14 grms pt then your total would be 60 and that's what my doc recommended and that would leave you with 2 oz for veggies..

For me I alway ate at least 3/4 to 1 cup of food per meal - you have to find out what works for you - this is a lifestyle change - I know that apples would only eat 1/2 cup per meal and be satisfied - for me - mentally that's not enough food so I can usually eat about 1 cup per meal and if you add any sliders (foods that slide thru like zuchinne well cooked so it's super mushie) you will eat more - that's why you are to eat your protein 1st then veggies and if any room the starch..

Yes in the beginning it's hard to beleive that this is going to work - but if you really do make it about a lifestyle change - eating healthier foods in smaller quanities and exercise - it does work...

it takes a while - but you will get the hang of it - Does your doctor have support group meetings?? It may help to you to meet in person with other banders to get the idea of what you should be doing...

Sometimes it's hard to just read what others do - it's good to talk in person...

It took me 11 months to lose 100 lbs - so just take it one month at a time - and I am not the norm either - I worked super hard to get that 100 lbs gone (I atae rather ridge - didn't go out much during that time -well went out a few times and had a few drinks but didn't do any traveling so I had total control of my eating)- and you know what - I didn't do anything more to lose the 12 other pounds that I have lost since reaching goal - except I just kept eating healthy and exercise and my body found it's happy weight.

You will figure it out gf - it is a process - just keep doing what you are doing and it will work..

Well gang Idol is on tonite - so I am going to go cook (fish spinach and maybe some rice) Oh at lunch today - we have a few who brown bag it most days and one guy's wife made a homemade chicken pot pie - it was to die for - I had brought a sandwich - ate half of it then he brought out the pot pie - had 1/2 cup - omg was it good - so I may be skipping the rice tonite

Trade off - that's the key Sharon - If you eat a little more for lunch then you eat a little less for dinner - and if you eat a little more for dinner then the next day you eat a little less or increase the exercise...

We are starting a weekly pot luck for us who brown bag it - we have 3 teams (3 pple on each team) and each friday one team is going to provide lunch - BB Team #1 is scheduled to bring chilli on 2/20 - then my Team is scheduled to provide lunch on 2/27 and team 3 on 3/6

Should be fun - the one guy who lunches w/us has a wife who is a great cook ... We are alway drooling over each others food at lunch so I came up with this idea - we will see how it works.. Should be fun ...

Well off to cook - I will talk to you all tomorrow...

Hugs & Sweet Dreams.. Janet

Hello Janet my doctor did tell me to start Vitamins in my 7th week so I did. So hopefully they will kick in and I will get rid of this terrible cold. I have been drinking alot of fluids and getting some rest. Its not easy to rest when you have to take care of my ill 76 year old mother. But I am doing my best. I have not been hungry at all. But have been managing to eat at least 1000 cal. I am not exercising at all. So it will be back to the drawing board with the exercise once I get to feeling better. Well I am off to drink another cup of tea and go lay down.

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Hey, just checking in.....notice.....my ticker moved. I am back journaling, walking, and drinking 80oz of Water a day. I can't do much more than walk because my back is "jacked up". I really don't want to get a cortisone shot in it as it will mess up my weight loss journey. I go tomorrow for a fill....maybe I just need like a .2cc. Small amounts work better for me.

I am hoping(oops.....WILL) to lose 1lb before Valentine's Day then I will start on a new challenge.:smile::thumbup::)