Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello Janet my doctor did tell me to start Vitamins in my 7th week so I did. So hopefully they will kick in and I will get rid of this terrible cold. I have been drinking alot of fluids and getting some rest. Its not easy to rest when you have to take care of my ill 76 year old mother. But I am doing my best. I have not been hungry at all. But have been managing to eat at least 1000 cal. I am not exercising at all. So it will be back to the drawing board with the exercise once I get to feeling better. Well I am off to drink another cup of tea and go lay down.

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Rose - You are doing very well - keep it up and once you are feeling better you will get that exercise in...

Hey, just checking in.....notice.....my ticker moved. I am back journaling, walking, and drinking 80oz of Water a day. I can't do much more than walk because my back is "jacked up". I really don't want to get a cortisone shot in it as it will mess up my weight loss journey. I go tomorrow for a fill....maybe I just need like a .2cc. Small amounts work better for me.

I am hoping(oops.....WILL) to lose 1lb before Valentine's Day then I will start on a new challenge.:smile::thumbup::)

WTG GF - YEP ALL THOSE THINGS WILL GET THAT TICKER MOVING - I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

My trainer says that eating carbs makes you retain Water - so cut carb intake for the next couple of days and see if that helps get that last pound off.

Walking is good - that's all I did for the 1st 8 months - I just did it 4-5 times a week.

Way to go on moving that ticker, Arlene!!! You are doing great. You'll lose that pound in no time.

Just got home from my volunteer stunt at the hospital. I visited 4 post op patients and brought them info on support groups and stuff. One guy was so amazed to hear that I and the gal I go with were patients and each started at 305. That amazed me that he was surprised that I ever weighed that much. to me I feel I still look like I could've. I see that I have lost some, but not that I am closer to normal weight than my start weight. In reality I have only 20 or 30 lbs more to go to reach my goal. anyway that just felt really good to hear!

Edited by Great2BThin

You guys are great. Everything I read is inspiration. I told my Dr yesterday that I had a very good support group on line and he said good. Thats what really helps me alot. Today was first day after fill. Yesterday I had nothing but clears, today nothing but clears and some Jello with sf cool whip tee hee! thats not clear but the Protein drinks and Water, coffee, etc did go down alot slower today. Maybe I did need that fill. Anyway I am hungry but as soon as I can have Soup, etc I will fill much better. I was down 1 1/2 lb today so that was a first move on the scale for a month. :crying:. Everyone here is sick with colds and flu. I hope I don't get it. Hey who is the cruise expert. My sister wants to take me on a cruise for all of this work I am doing. I have never been on one but would like to know where to go and which ships are the best. I have to have a good ship the first time. Has anyone been over to Greece, Spain, etc area on a cruise. She is going there next June and wants some ideas on what not to miss on that trip. I haven't been on very many trips in my life time and when I do go I want to be pampered ya knw. Plus I love the beaches and I am a sun lover. Talk to me girls.

Beckyo:w00t:

Hi Becky, I've been on numerous cruises, not sure I am an expert. I have been to Greece many years ago when I was 18. In May DH is taking me on a Meditteranean cruise as a reward for my 100 lbs loss. We will leave from Barcelona and stop in 3 places in Italy, then Malta and Nice, France. We sail on May 10th. The rest of my cruises have been to the Carribean, Mexico, New England/Canada and Alaska. I've been on Norwegian, Princess, Royal Carribean and Carnival. They are all nice, but Princess and Royal Carribean were my favorites. In May I am going on Norwegian and haven't been on them in 10 yrs so a lot has changed with their 'freestyle' cruising and newer ships. I love the sun too, there wasn't as much sun worshipping time on the Canada and Alaska cruises. There's tons of food onboard, but there's also many healthy options and usually very nice gyms and walking tracks. Even at 300+ lbs it was never a problem for me on a cruise to gain weight. Now DH on the other hand has been known to come back as much as 10 lbs heavier. he loves a good buffet! :biggrin: That's wonderful of your sis to want to take you. When are you going?

Well my teeth are feeling much better today so am relieved about that. I just dread going back in 3 weeks to finish the root canals.

DH is off today so he is going to come with me to do my Power 90 workout. I hope to impress him with how much I can do now!

Fellow Bandsters:

I am new here and think this is where I need to be. I have been reading along for a month and loving the great advice. Janet, I need your input. Because I missed the obvious and I'm hoping you will catch what I do not get. I had my post op. visit yesterday. I was told because of my light headed and tired and weak feelings to increase my calorie intake with fruit juices or gatorade which adds 200 calories to my 700-900 calorie day. duh.gif I woke up feeling much better, today. I am happy about the 10 more pounds:lol: down since surgery.

I am starting slow on excercise 30 min. 2 days last week and adding more in this week.

I have two more weeks of the healing diet before I go on to real solids, like steak!! Best wishes to all, Holly

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

You guys are great. Everything I read is inspiration. I told my Dr yesterday that I had a very good support group on line and he said good. Thats what really helps me alot. Today was first day after fill. Yesterday I had nothing but clears, today nothing but clears and some Jello with sf cool whip tee hee! thats not clear but the Protein drinks and Water, coffee, etc did go down alot slower today. Maybe I did need that fill. Anyway I am hungry but as soon as I can have Soup, etc I will fill much better. I was down 1 1/2 lb today so that was a first move on the scale for a month. :biggrin:. Everyone here is sick with colds and flu. I hope I don't get it. Hey who is the cruise expert. My sister wants to take me on a cruise for all of this work I am doing. I have never been on one but would like to know where to go and which ships are the best. I have to have a good ship the first time. Has anyone been over to Greece, Spain, etc area on a cruise. She is going there next June and wants some ideas on what not to miss on that trip. I haven't been on very many trips in my life time and when I do go I want to be pampered ya knw. Plus I love the beaches and I am a sun lover. Talk to me girls.

Beckyo:w00t:

Becky - I have only been to the Caribbean & Mexico cruises - I have done 2 Norwegian - 4 Royal Caribbean & 2 Carnival - I like Royalthe most but my last cruise was on carnival 2/07 and I liked it - it wasn't a party ship and their prices are a little lower. I am going on my 5 Royal next month - and not to worried about the food issues - cuz they do have their spa food (healthy) and I gotta say this will be the 1st time that I will be taking tennies and using the exercise equipment - so for me the added exercise will mean a few more treats :0).. Give me Sun & Ocean & Beach and I am a happy camper - on the March Cruise I am going to zipline thur the canopy in Puerto viarta (sp) & swim with the dolphins in Cabo :0)

Congrats on the scale moving again and yes getting to your sweet spot will be wonderful...

Hi Becky, I've been on numerous cruises, not sure I am an expert. I have been to Greece many years ago when I was 18. In May DH is taking me on a Meditteranean cruise as a reward for my 100 lbs loss. We will leave from Barcelona and stop in 3 places in Italy, then Malta and Nice, France. We sail on May 10th. The rest of my cruises have been to the Carribean, Mexico, New England/Canada and Alaska. I've been on Norwegian, Princess, Royal Carribean and Carnival. They are all nice, but Princess and Royal Carribean were my favorites. In May I am going on Norwegian and haven't been on them in 10 yrs so a lot has changed with their 'freestyle' cruising and newer ships. I love the sun too, there wasn't as much sun worshipping time on the Canada and Alaska cruises. There's tons of food onboard, but there's also many healthy options and usually very nice gyms and walking tracks. Even at 300+ lbs it was never a problem for me on a cruise to gain weight. Now DH on the other hand has been known to come back as much as 10 lbs heavier. he loves a good buffet! :crying: That's wonderful of your sis to want to take you. When are you going?

Well my teeth are feeling much better today so am relieved about that. I just dread going back in 3 weeks to finish the root canals.

DH is off today so he is going to come with me to do my Power 90 workout. I hope to impress him with how much I can do now!

Long - you go girl - in showing off for DH - can't wait to hear about that :0)

Fellow Bandsters:

I am new here and think this is where I need to be. I have been reading along for a month and loving the great advice. Janet, I need your input. Because I missed the obvious and I'm hoping you will catch what I do not get. I had my post op. visit yesterday. I was told because of my light headed and tired and weak feelings to increase my calorie intake with fruit juices or gatorade which adds 200 calories to my 700-900 calorie day. duh.gif I woke up feeling much better, today. I am happy about the 10 more pounds:lol: down since surgery.

I am starting slow on excercise 30 min. 2 days last week and adding more in this week.

I have two more weeks of the healing diet before I go on to real solids, like steak!! Best wishes to all, Holly

Banded 1/29/09

[/img]

Hi Holly Welcome !!! Congrats on your weight loss !!!

So you are still on full liquids right?? Your calories are fine really - I kept mine between 800-1200 and would vary them each day... And it could be the sugar that's helping or just more fuilds (electorlites) - you may want to dulite them with a little Water or buy the lite versions - cuz I know that I can get carried away with juices & nuts and those calories add up very fast. but as long as you are tracking and don't get carried away - you should be just fine..

When do you move to mushie/soft?? When you get the to Steak - just make sure it's a good cut of meat - tiny bites and chew ...

and I am super happy about your exercise - I really beleive that it goes hand in hand with the eating healthy and lifestyle change...

Look forward to chatting will you on a regular basis !!!

Hi Janet and everyone -

First, Becky - I love cruising. Princess is my favorite line, mostly to the Caribbean. I also did the Panama Canal, which was my absolute best cruise. Loved it.

Well, I'm three days out from the doc taking some Fluid out, and I feel so much better! I guess I was too tight after all. The symptons related to the diagnosis of a paralyzed (dialated) esophagus were right on. The band was restricting food and keeping it in the esophagus. The food was never even getting to the pouch which is why I pb'd alot.

Anyway, I'm hungry at times, but working on keeping within calorie limits. Not sure what happens next. I've been doing some reading about it on the internet and will talk with the doc on my next visit next week.

Just thought I'd check in.

Kathy

Well, Janet, hubby was impressed with my workout. He said he could tell a big difference the last time he did it with me. He did it with us on our first day as he was off that day for MLK holiday, so 4 weeks later and he was impressed. He was really impressed that I could do all 100 crunches!! Maybe not perfect but I can do them. Next week we are moving up to phase 3 and 4 and that includes 200 crunches, EGADS!!! Don't think I can do those, but maybe by the end of the 90 days. also got copies of all the P90X DVDS and a copy of the workout schedule to move into after that. My boss who is very into the P90X workouts was telling us today that after the Grammies they were interviewing Sheryl Crow and asking her how she keeps in such great shape. She said all she does is P90X and praised it and said she was getting a lot of her celebrity friends into it and supposedly there is something about that on some website. So now my friend and I joke that we are going to look like her when we are done. :thumbup::) Now if the scale would move again. I know my body now and know that it drops fast and big for a week or so and then sits still for about 3 weeks, I am one of those lulls now but so anxious to get the next 1 1/2 lbs off to hit Onederland.

Well, Janet, hubby was impressed with my workout. He said he could tell a big difference the last time he did it with me. He did it with us on our first day as he was off that day for MLK holiday, so 4 weeks later and he was impressed. He was really impressed that I could do all 100 crunches!! Maybe not perfect but I can do them. Next week we are moving up to phase 3 and 4 and that includes 200 crunches, EGADS!!! Don't think I can do those, but maybe by the end of the 90 days. also got copies of all the P90X DVDS and a copy of the workout schedule to move into after that. My boss who is very into the P90X workouts was telling us today that after the Grammies they were interviewing Sheryl Crow and asking her how she keeps in such great shape. She said all she does is P90X and praised it and said she was getting a lot of her celebrity friends into it and supposedly there is something about that on some website. So now my friend and I joke that we are going to look like her when we are done. :thumbup::) Now if the scale would move again. I know my body now and know that it drops fast and big for a week or so and then sits still for about 3 weeks, I am one of those lulls now but so anxious to get the next 1 1/2 lbs off to hit Onederland.

AWESOME, LONG! I bet you reach Onederland by Valentine's Day. As for me,I got a small fill today. I think it was .2. So, I have 5.1cc's in my band now.

hi all - just checking in. This week has been extremely busy at work. Having real difficult time eating during the day. Have got to work on making time for that. I usually have a grande of mocha (STB) with no frills and 1/2 banana. Never finish the mocha before the day gets going. Try to drink some broth or yogurt smoothie for snack, lunch is usually a cup of Soup e.g. creamy chicken or brocolli. Haven't done well in finishing anything - not because I'm having problems eating - but I've been really moving during the day and usually start on something and never finish it. dinner has been lite too - bean soup or eggplant 1/2 c. late snack may be soy choco milk (Lite), or WW fudgcicle or popsicle. I know I'm probably not eating as much as I should or adding as much healthy stuff e.g. Protein drinks, etc. so got to work on this. Well that's it for now...

Never been on a cruise, but would love to go. It's on my list of things to do. Only want beach and sun and a little island flavor, though I heard that Alaska cruise is pretty good - just not much on cold. Italy, Spain, Greece - WOW, now that just sounds like a dream trip. One day...but in the meantime, have fun for me.

Hey there gang...

Kathy how in the heck could you be too tight - when did you get a fill - heck I thought you could eat 10 oz steak.. I most have missed a post or something. or maybe you are gas lighting me:lol::thumbup: But glad that taking some out has helped - I didn't think you had restriction at all..

IMHO I think that this whole thing about the band making you not hunger is BS - I still get hungry - It does keep me full longer - but I still get hungry - right now I could eat a horse..

Long - Great going on the exercise - just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off..

Sharon - Yes you gotta make time for you.. and concintrate on getting your Protein in - that's important - but I get you about the busying and not eating -but I gotta say - I don't love my job that much to skip lunch - the clock hits noon and I am headed to the lunch room... And right now I am starving...

Ok - I gotta go finish packing - remember I won't be around til Monday - I'm going to Fort Worth to visit my 93 yr old Aunt and I am going to meet PJTax Lady for Breakfast on Saturday..

My flight leaves Palms Springs at 6:35 a.m. so I gotta be out of here no later than 5 a.m. - I don't know what to pack - heck who know's what I am going to feel like wearing :)

Well Off i go to ck out clothes - CBL

Hope you have a great trip, Janet!

This cruise talk is making my mind wander off to warm beaches and ocean breezes. Rude awakening when it snows tomorrow...

Hello everyone. Well I am finally feeling alittle better with this darm head cold. I just hate being sick. I have not been on a cruise in about 15 years so I can't give much advice on that. May I ask what P90X is sounds interesting?

Janet have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Aunt. I am sure what ever you pack you will look amazing.

Thanks Gang..

I am just cking back before I turn off the computer - I need to get to bed - got most stuff packed - just gotta load makeup in the morning - I hate these new rules - 2 oz - my hair stuff is 5 oz.. Well I guess I won't have big hair - aw shucks - I should cuz Ill be in Texas and I love big hair :ohmy:

Rose - drink your oj - make some chicken Soup - and Joann I bet you are sick of the cold - heck I know by the end of the summer I am sick of the heat - but right now I wouldn't mind a little warmer weather myself..

Oh - I'm outta here - Good food choices and remember I am on everyones' shoulder and you will hear me whispering - eat healthy eat healthy - No unplanned treats and get a little exercise - You can do this you really can...

Love to all of you - Talk to you on Monday !!!

xoxoxo

Janet

Hey there gang...

Kathy how in the heck could you be too tight - when did you get a fill - heck I thought you could eat 10 oz steak.. I most have missed a post or something. or maybe you are gas lighting me:lol::ohmy: But glad that taking some out has helped - I didn't think you had restriction at all..

Janet - I guess the esophagus "loosens up" as the day goes on. Heck I don't know. I'm so confused by it all. I didn't think I had any restriction either because I could eat so much at night. It's so screwy! I wish we could just figure it all out and move on with it!

Have a safe and fun trip!

Kathy