Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Betrayal is a BITCH

Tina,

Hey, good for you for getting your drains out, going back to work, and getting stares! Gotta love it!

You have done so amazingly well. You should be really proud of yourself!

Congrats!

YAY Tina,

Back to work - that is so great! I've seen other pics immediately post-op and think there is no way I will have any PS done, but then to see your pics after only a few weeks, and to know you are back to work etc make me think I COULD do it....

Hey Teeny Tina!

Congrats on feeling well enough to go back to work - that's awesome!

Even better that you're getting stared at and getting compliments...good for you!

So good to hear from you - your experience makes me, like Tap, think that I really CAN do this when the time comes...:mad2:

Hey hey...had my son take some pics even though I still have one drain...here goes nothing...

Wow! You look amazing!

Well hello there everyone. So...it's been a week and much has happened. I went to the doctor last Wednesday and guess what...got a drain put back into my back...I was drain free for 5 days and it was great...so...went through the weekend with it and hated every single minute of it. I went back yesterday and had it removed...lets keep our fingers crossed that I don't get any Fluid build-up and have to get another one. I go back on Friday.

I'm putting in about 5-6 hours a day at work so that's not bad...could put in more but why push it, right? So...at work yesterday got some terrible news...my boss (who is absolutely wonderful) will be leaving for 3-6 months to assist another agency and my enemy is going to be my "acting" boss...what a terrible summer I have ahead of me, huh? Looks like I'll be going for long walks around the city when I get the ok from the doctor.

So...that's how my week has been. I hope you guys have been doing well. And oh...did I mention that men SUCK!!! lol

Well hello there everyone. So...it's been a week and much has happened. I went to the doctor last Wednesday and guess what...got a drain put back into my back...I was drain free for 5 days and it was great...so...went through the weekend with it and hated every single minute of it. I went back yesterday and had it removed...lets keep our fingers crossed that I don't get any Fluid build-up and have to get another one. I go back on Friday.

I'm putting in about 5-6 hours a day at work so that's not bad...could put in more but why push it, right? So...at work yesterday got some terrible news...my boss (who is absolutely wonderful) will be leaving for 3-6 months to assist another agency and my enemy is going to be my "acting" boss...what a terrible summer I have ahead of me, huh? Looks like I'll be going for long walks around the city when I get the ok from the doctor.

So...that's how my week has been. I hope you guys have been doing well. And oh...did I mention that men SUCK!!! lol

Hi Tina!

Sorry to hear about the drain - but it's all part of the process, I guess. Hope it's out soon and you're completely healed.

What is it about the summer - I'm having boss drama right now - I kinda wish I could switch...:crying: Anyway - just keep telling yourself "It's only temporary...". The new person won't have hire / fire capability will they? If so, watch your back!

Yes, occasionally, men do SUCK! I won't ask what happened, but hopefully it wasn't too too bad...:redface:

Hello Tina. Haven't heard from you in a while. Did they take out the drain yet that they put back in?

Men suck, so anything new?

Miss ya girl. Let us know how you are doing.36_33_2.gif

Hey Tina and all of her "groupies" lol...I've been gone since right before the surgery so I'm back and am so happy about most of the updates!

Tina - congrats on successful surgery, minus the drain issues...you look absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did before, but I've heard from friends that loose skin and disappearing boobies is kinda sad so I'm happy that you're happy!!!!!1 I am still hoping I won't have any loose skin to worry about, but who knows...I gotta get the rest of my weight off first!!! I am sad about my boobies shrinking and drooping, but with student loans so high I don't know if I can afford PS! My hubbie was like "umm that would be a better investment, I wouldn't mind paying". Haha so we'll see.

Can't wait to read your newest updates, I hope the summer goes okay for you work-wise, and I hope your boys are having a blast with a smoking mom who is sitting on top of the world!! :-)

I am sad about my boobies shrinking and drooping, but with student loans so high I don't know if I can afford PS! My hubbie was like "umm that would be a better investment, I wouldn't mind paying". Haha so we'll see.

Get it in writing. Preferably notarized too. :crying:

Good morning to my groupies :frown:. I have been keeping myself busy and haven't been on the computer in a while...took a road trip two weekends in a row. I went to North Carolina to hang out with family...had a blast.

I am drain free!!!! I have had my back drained twice and I need it again but the doctor tells me that's normal and it will slow up.

Can I just tell you guys how much I am loving life right now. My boys are getting out of school next week for the summer...we're gonna take a vacation at the end of July (first time without the entire family) and I'm having a great time hanging out with friends in my spare time. I am still having a little trouble sleeping at night, following the attempted homicide, but hopefully I will get past that soon and get back to normal. I feel like a big chicken but I don't care.

I hope that everyone is doing well...you guys have helped me through some pretty rough times and I appreciate it. You all make me laugh and smile when I need it most. :welldone2:

I'm back at work now and trying my best to put a fake smile on my face like I'm happy to be here :thumbup:. I guess I shouldn't complain...at least I still have a job and for that I'm very greatful.

Well guys...better get back to you...you guys rock!

Tina

Hey Tina,

Glad things are working out so well for you. You certainly deserve it.

I know how you feel about the work thing. I'm just back after 2 weeks off with foot surgery. Getting up at 4:00am really sucks, but it pays the bills. ha ha

So where are you going on vacation?

Hi Tina!

Drain free - yay! I'm taking notes on your experience so I'll know what to expect when my turn comes. I bet you're looking better every day!

Vacation sounds wonderful - and I hope your peaceful sleep returns very soon. What happened to you was pretty startling and scary - give yourself some time to get past it.

I know all about the fake smile at work thing...I'm having a tough time in my office right now, and the smile is the only thing getting me through. That, and the fact that my boss has been away on business for 5 days...:welldone2:

Going back to work now...have a terrific day!:frown:

YAAAY TEENY Tina!

You know, as I read this recent post of yours, I was taken back to all the rest of this thread. One day when you have the time (and do it in one day so the effect really hits you), read through the entire thread and see where you've come from and where you are now. If THAT doesn't make you feel good about life, I don't know what will. :frown:

hi tina,

i have to say you look great but more importantly...you are truly a power of example for women.

you have dealt with a difficult situation (with alot of class) and have come out the other side stronger then ever.

while i'm not happy you had a difficult time, i love hearing success stories like yours. your honesty touches hearts and helps others to know if we put one foot in front of the other, trying to do the best we can, everything will work out

i had my PS 1 month after you and physically i thought it was easier then the lapband surgery. i worried needlessly about the PS. but i have to admit this week all of a sudden i'm very tired.

anyway thanks for sharing your journey with us.

josie

Good morning to my groupies :wub:. I have been keeping myself busy and haven't been on the computer in a while...took a road trip two weekends in a row. I went to North Carolina to hang out with family...had a blast.

I am drain free!!!! I have had my back drained twice and I need it again but the doctor tells me that's normal and it will slow up.

Can I just tell you guys how much I am loving life right now. My boys are getting out of school next week for the summer...we're gonna take a vacation at the end of July (first time without the entire family) and I'm having a great time hanging out with friends in my spare time. I am still having a little trouble sleeping at night, following the attempted homicide, but hopefully I will get past that soon and get back to normal. I feel like a big chicken but I don't care.

I hope that everyone is doing well...you guys have helped me through some pretty rough times and I appreciate it. You all make me laugh and smile when I need it most. :crying:

I'm back at work now and trying my best to put a fake smile on my face like I'm happy to be here :scared2:. I guess I shouldn't complain...at least I still have a job and for that I'm very greatful.

Well guys...better get back to you...you guys rock!

Tina

Tina, I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well! Sorry about the draining BUT you are drain FREE and that's good!!

The sleeping WILL get better. The longer you go and further away from the incident you get, it will get better. [My mom's apartment was broken into and her dog terrorized. It took her awhile but she did get thru it.] Hang in there!

Sorry about work. Sounds like a lot of people are having problems at work right now. :drool: Hope it gets better soon.

Have fun!