Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok This 2 shake and 1-meal a day crap is really hard...

Don't get me wrong I am a go getter... and I am up for the challange. But this shi* is hard as hell... It's not that bad when i'm not at work, but as everyone know's i sit next to a compulsive over eater. And the bad part is, is that my schedule changed so i sit next to someone else that eat's like a cow grazing in the pasture.... This chick knows that I am getting the lap band and she bought this big dumb azz bag of chips to work yesterday i'm talking about the biggest bag of chips i have ever seen it looked like the size of a pillow...lol.. not kidding half of her arm disapeared when she put it inside of the bag....lol.. and im like are u kidding me....I did remember that I can drink the chicken broth and stuff... as well.. so i did that, and let me tell u that broth was like eating sunday dinner...lol.. then she pulls a pack of raman noodles out of her drawer like do u want these...:tt2: r u kidding... NO I DON'T i'm fine i will sip my broth and i will be ok... I can only eat 1 real meal so i would rather wait until i get home to do that.. and then the managers had the nerve to walk around passing out candy bars saying mamagement wants u all to know that we appreciate u all... here u go. a TWIX...:Banane44::Banane44: R U SERIOUS... get this crap off of my desk.... what is a person to do... I feel like i want to walk with dark ass shades on :frown: so i wont be tempted to eat that kind of crap.. exp. when i have my band put on 1-week from today... I know I can do it, but it is harder than i imagined exp. when people try to knock u off your square... also she had the nerve to say well I love me the way I am, and if the weight comes off then it comes off and if it dosen't oh well... and I'm like i have been there and u are not happy because if u were u wouldnt have said that. But everything is not for everyone.

I know I can do it, but it is harder than i imagined exp. when people try to knock u off your square... also she had the nerve to say well I love me the way I am, and if the weight comes off then it comes off and if it dosen't oh well... and I'm like i have been there and u are not happy because if u were u wouldnt have said that. But everything is not for everyone.

I hope you won't be offended when I say that the response in my head to that person (obviously not outloud) would be.. "FU".

Nuff said.

Go for it, girl! You're experiencing the hardest part of the journey. Keep going... Keep going... Keep going! You have the right attitude!

Good Lord, how did you not slap those people? lol. (OK, not really lol.) It's hard enough doing that at home, I couldn't imagine people at work doing that around me!!!

Just keep up the good work. ONE WEEK TO GO!!! It'll fly by fast.

I hope so... I looked at one on the supervisors like if looks could kill i would be giving my condolences at your funeral right now u jerk.... I get really sarcastic when im hungry i'm talking about really bad...I could only imagine what drug addicts go thru with the shakes and the cold and hot sweats... i feel like im going thru withdrawls.. and I call myself starting early....lol...wow...I have to be @ work @ 9am and i'm not playing at all today no holds bard...thanks guys for the luv....

I would try to find a way to tell my boss for the future that I am watching what I eat and would appreciate it if they could consider non-food rewards for good performance or incentives -- gift card to a movie - or healthy snack rewards - apples, veggie tray, etc.

As for the co-worker that is tempting you, hang in there. She will be so envious when you're thin and loving life and she is still wrapped up in a potato chip bag! The best defense is a good offense!

I have people like that around me too.....I think I may have even lost my best friend....she has not called or even seen me since my surgery.She was against it from day one.....but I am doing good hang in there it is hard, but I believe whole heartedly it will all be worth it in the end!

some people want us to stay the way they are comfortable with - F 'em. Be tough. You are gonna do this just fine :frown:

Next time, grab the bag of chips and lob it out the window!

Edited by flyaway

As I sit here this morning, I am drinking my Optifast Protein Drink and I can totally relate with you. My co-worker is sitting here eating...get this... peach cobbler for Breakfast. I asked her why and she just shrugged her shoulders and said that it was good. I will tell you right now that I had to walk away. My struggle is to loose these last seven pounds that want to stay with me. Drinking crystal light, Protein Shakes and chicken broth is all I have eaten the last week and no luck with the weight loss. It's very hard and to have someone constantly trying to provoke you is terrible whether it is intentional or not. I hope you keep the faith and stay the course.

Just so you know... this too shall pass. I thought that the 2 weeks before surgery... and then for about 4 weeks after, were the toughest weeks I've ever gone though. I was still hungry for months... but, it gets better as you go along. Eventually, you will not be starving. HANG IN THERE!!!!

Don't get me wrong I am a go getter... and I am up for the challange. But this shi* is hard as hell... It's not that bad when i'm not at work, but as everyone know's i sit next to a compulsive over eater. And the bad part is, is that my schedule changed so i sit next to someone else that eat's like a cow grazing in the pasture.... This chick knows that I am getting the lap band and she bought this big dumb azz bag of chips to work yesterday i'm talking about the biggest bag of chips i have ever seen it looked like the size of a pillow...lol.. not kidding half of her arm disapeared when she put it inside of the bag....lol.. and im like are u kidding me....I did remember that I can drink the chicken broth and stuff... as well.. so i did that, and let me tell u that broth was like eating sunday dinner...lol.. then she pulls a pack of raman noodles out of her drawer like do u want these...:tt2: r u kidding... NO I DON'T i'm fine i will sip my broth and i will be ok... I can only eat 1 real meal so i would rather wait until i get home to do that.. and then the managers had the nerve to walk around passing out candy bars saying mamagement wants u all to know that we appreciate u all... here u go. a TWIX...:Banane44::Banane44: R U SERIOUS... get this crap off of my desk.... what is a person to do... I feel like i want to walk with dark ass shades on :frown: so i wont be tempted to eat that kind of crap.. exp. when i have my band put on 1-week from today... I know I can do it, but it is harder than i imagined exp. when people try to knock u off your square... also she had the nerve to say well I love me the way I am, and if the weight comes off then it comes off and if it dosen't oh well... and I'm like i have been there and u are not happy because if u were u wouldnt have said that. But everything is not for everyone.

Hi Ms Trina:

You can do this. You are doing this for you and don't let anybody make you more miserable than the pre-op diet already makes it. In other words, don't let people get inside your head. What other people are doing has nothing to do with you. I know it is sooo hard. With this and other things, it is best to just ignore folks around you.

Best wishes on the 15th. Let us know how it goes.

Ms. Trina I TOTALLY understand what you are experiencing as far as negative and insensitive comments from other people. I start my 2 week pre-op tomorrow and I am excited and nervous at the same time. Funny thing is this week my appetite has gone down tremendously, and I thought I would want to stuff my face all week but for some reason I haven't been able to...we shall see how this weekend goes. Friday (1st day pre-op diet) volunteer event with catered lunch...Saturday a baby shower...Sunday mother's day...I know this will be the toughest 3 days I've had in a long time but going through this site I know if they can do it, we can too! Hang in there!

Some people will try to sabotage you, sounds like you are doing a great job so far - keep it up!!

I am a bit jealous though, I had 2 weeks of straight liquids before my surgery - no 'real meals' at all. 11 weeks after surgery and 48 pounds lighter - its all worth it - although my first week after was a bit rough (ie depressing) Now I wish I would have did it years ago.

Keep up the good work!

MsTrina, you crack me up! I can just hear you going off on all the haters in your office telling them about their attempted sabotage. Good for you!! Before you know it, your surgery will be over with and you will be on your way to your new sexy, sassy self! Stay strong!!!

Ms. Trina,

Keep up the good work. Come in here and vent if you must and keep on treading. Like someone else said, they are just jealous. Like a friend of mine said...you first have to admit that you have a problem before you are able to do something about it. And not everybody has the strength to really look at themselves and keep evolving and keep improving on things to make their lives better and more fulfilling. The haters will always be along the path the trick is to remain focused and with the eye on the prize.

And remember..."Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things." (from a lecture given by Randy Pausch, diagnosed with terminal cancer at age 47)

I always think of this when the trail in this journey get a little rocky.

Good Luck !

Trina - stay strong girl. you know the devil is busy .. so make him a Liar! take a lot of walks.. walk around that office like you aint got no sense.! I am in a good place. everyone in my office is so damn health conscious these days.. But i am surprised at my sister , who had GP in 2005 and knows how hard the first few weeks are.. everytime she calls she is talking about food and what she is about to eat. Now that is insensitive.. but i am strong and 13 lbs lighter 9 days post Op..