Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

Ideally Fiber increase should be done with fruits, vegetables, and nuts. However, since you need results a bit faster than in a few months, you can use an over the counter fiber supplement like “BeneFiber”.

That should get things going for you. Remember, your Water intake, keep drinking.

:tongue2: Best of luck!

I too will be banded in July, My surgery date is the 11th. I'm really nervous but super excited. I hope I have made a good decision.

# days My feet are getting cold or it is nerves

I'm June 16th...getting a little nervous. I started my 10 day liquid pre-op. What's a good high Protein mix? Any ideas?

I love Zero Carb Isopure powder in vanilla. You can mix with Water, soymilk, lowfat or nonfat milk. I throw in frozen strawberries, mixed fruit or mangos. Sometimes I use crystal lite flavors with crushed ice and blend. It's really good. Isopure has no sugar and 2 scoops is 50 grams of protein. It's a little expensive at the stores, but you can find it cheaper online.

Hi all... Well, I went through the surgery 4 days ago and am feeling so much better already. I actually posted up the night before the surgery from the hospital inn where we were staying and then again just 15 minutes that next morning before I left and went to check in for surgery. The doc found a "really big" hiatial hernia and had to fix that first, but the lapband went off good. I'm still in pain, with a little gas remaining, but the shoulders are finally just about normal again and the sore throat is getting better. I ran fevers and had a lot of pain, and ended up staying in the hospital an extra night. But I'm doing better now. I am glad, too, because I have to fly to Vegas from Atlanta on Thursday...less than a week after the surgery. I can't imagine being there and not eating everything I see. But I don't even want it anymore. I hope that loss of interest in food remains long term. I have to keep forcing myself to eat.

HI,

This is my first post. I'm getting Banded on June 17th.:thumbup:

I'm on the yucky liquid diet right now, but am going to tough it out.

Hey there! I am too, congrats to us both! Where are you having yours done? I have been on the liquids since last Wednesday.

Well my day was today! :smile2: So far so good pian in my shoulder only. I was told this would happen. So I am now a bander. :smile2:

Well my day was today! :smile2: So far so good pian in my shoulder only. I was told this would happen. So I am now a bander. :smile2:

Cong. I wish you the very best. I'm excited and can't till july 2.

Mackie

I'm waiting on a surgery date-hopefully late June. Can't wait to start losing the weight but am a little anxious since it is life altering. I just keep looking at my photo on my fridge of me now, and that keeps me motivated!!

Well, I'm settled in my hospital room in Mexico, next up for surgery. I am very impressed by the doctors and staff and the room is very comfortable. It has two beds, a tv, refrigerator, Vonage phone, computer and internet. And I'm down 20 pounds (plus about 3 because I'm wearing clothes) since I started my 2 week pre-op diet.

Yay, I'm home!!! Yesterday, I flew home from Detroit, having been banded by Dr. John Webber of Great Lakes Weight Loss. I am so happy with my experience there, and am feeling fine and 99.99999% pain free. I'm enjoying two more days of "vacation" until I return to work on Monday. I guess that the journey has just begun; but so farm it's been wonderful. :)