Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

First time poster----

Tomorrow is my day! June 19th~ 5:30 am and surgery around 10:00am. Will stay the night and get home June 20th~ Everyone is getting into position--cleaning house, gassing up cars, doing laundry, paying bills, grocery shopping--just preparing.

Wish me luck~~ I still cannot believe I have not needed meds to manage the nervousness....

My date is June 27, pre-op on June 24th. I'm surprised to hear about everyone on the liquid diet...some for 2 weeks. I drink Clear liquids only on June 26th. Wonder why my doctor is different? But, I am SO excited and really ready to get started. I've been amazed at some of the bad habits I have...like not chewing my food enough. I've been working on being more aware of it, and changing it. My job requires a lot of travel, a lot of walking and set-up at a program and I am really looking forward to doing these things without feeling like I'm going to die at the end of the day! I am also looking forward to shopping again, walking by a window/mirror and not being disgusted and maybe even to wearing heels again! Are others keeping this entire procedure a secret like I am? I'm not even telling my parents and certainly not people I work with. My immediate family knows, but that's it. How do you handle this?

I'm looking foward to making some friends on this site and helping and being helped through this great journey.

Even if you don't have to do 2 weeks of liquids, I recomend you do more than 1 day. I have a friend who had it like you & ended up with major diarhea afterwards. Sorry so gross. I haven't had it at all, I think b/c I eased into it even before the 2 weeks started.

Not a secret here. There are quite a few ppl I know at church that had it done, so as soon as I started loosing weight they put 2 & 2 together. LOL

This site has helped me a lot. I was very informed about surgery itself before I found this site, but I love the advise & encouragement.

You will do great!!!!

I am home today & besides my tummy being a little sore & well to be frank, HIGH from my liquid Oxycodone I am doing fine. :smile2:

Had my band on Monday the 16th. Doin' ok i guess. The pain in my shoulders and neck can be unbearable at times and I can't really explain the belly pain, it kinda feels like my belly drops when i stand up. it's strange. Not to mention i feel everything i swallow--is there anything that helps this feeling??? any suggestions would be great.

Good luck to all you june bandsters out there.

Leah

Had my surgery done on the 10th and feeling really good. On my 2nd week of liquids, had a melt down today, but kept in mind the weight that I have lost which boosted me and got me going again. I am scheduled to see my doctor on the 14th of July, can't wait for this appointment to see what he has to say and if I will be getting my first fill. Congrats to all of you who have or are having your procedures done this month...

Edited by acadang

Good luck, I'm on the 27th! How long do you have to do the liquid diet? for me, only the day before...

I only had to do the liquid diet for the day before too. I did fine. I was glad as I had a week of liquids after. Now I'm on the soft foods. Good luck to you!

Hi there I was banded on 12th June. All went well I was up and about the same day walking round the ward and stuff. I have been on a sloppy diet for the last week yoghurt and mash potato that kinda thing!

Today my diet sheet said I can have a slice of toast whoop! I only managed about half of it! My experience has been relatively pain free and have not suffered from any gas pain. My port is still a little tender but all in all healing well!

I had my last pain killer on Tue and can happily sleep on my side with the port in it. I have not been exercising per se just getting up and about more. My friends and family have been very supportive, and I had my op on the Thurs and was back at work on the Monday to be fair though my job is very sedate.

I still can’t get over how small my scars are going to be! I had them checked by the nurse and they are all healing well.

:rolleyes2::lol::thumbup::lol::smile2::lol::huh2::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First time poster----

Tomorrow is my day! June 19th~ 5:30 am and surgery around 10:00am. Will stay the night and get home June 20th~ Everyone is getting into position--cleaning house, gassing up cars, doing laundry, paying bills, grocery shopping--just preparing.

Wish me luck~~ I still cannot believe I have not needed meds to manage the nervousness....

Good luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers. As well as any others getting banded today. Today is the beginning of the rest of your life.

Hi All,

Well I was officially banded yesterday. I have had no shoulder tip or gas pains. Am feeling pretty good. I'll update the whole story on my site in the next couple of days.

Good luck to everyone who has surgery coming up. I am so thrilled to be a bandster.