Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

My Surgery Is June 19. Today I Started Full Liquid. Good Luck

Sweet!!! We're the same day! My doc didn't put me on a liquid diet, but I think I may do it. I hear that people do better.

Hi all. I'm finally getting banded tomorrow after getting denied by Tricare in 2006. It's been a long road but I'm glad it's finally here. I've done a 2 week pre-op diet of no sugar pudding, Jello, fruit, low-fat cream Soups, broth, crystal light, Water, f/f milk, Protein Shakes. And I have lost 16 lbs and am ready for more after tomorrow. If you can do the diet it has made a huge difference and I feel great and have had so much energy. Because we just had to move on June 1st. But I am all settled in now and am ready for surgery tomorrow. Please say a prayer for me. And after I get home (I'll be staying one night) I'll post and let ya'll know how everything went.

Thanks, Leah:redface:

Hey DivaMom...Good luck and good luck to all of us being banded this week. Isn't it cool that we have all this great information from those who came before us? JazzyJunes is a great group to be a part of. All the advice we need is here.

Thanks for the reply and good luck to you too. I'll check out jazzyjunes. Leah

Post Operation Port problems?

I had my band put in on June 5th & everything went great but 9 days after my surgery the area where my port is has been really hurting...anyone have similar issues with the healing process?

Post Operation Port problems?

I had my band put in on June 5th & everything went great but 9 days after my surgery the area where my port is has been really hurting...anyone have similar issues with the healing process?

Its been two weeks today for me and i am still having pain near where my port is. I got some support panties that go way up to under the breasts, gonna see if that squeeze will help that pain. Seems like that is the one spot that takes the longest to heal. I am focusing on the good things, I have lost 8 lbs since surgery. Not bad for two weeks and especially since I can't feel any restriction, I have eaten more than I should have on a few occasions. Seems for me the evening is my weakness. I do good all day but then want to eat eat eat all evening!:sad: Since I started this journey I have lost 27 lbs!:frown: I wont get a fill till July 1st and I hope to see some more lbs drop off when I really CAN'T eat too much then!

Be sure you aren't lifting anything heavy, that puts a strain on that area. I suppose it will heal, it just takes a bit longer. Hang in there!

Ok, here it goes. I am leaving in 10 min for St. Francis Hosp in Federal

Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here it goes. I am leaving in 10 min for St. Francis Hosp in Federal

Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck, Shome. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a successful band life!!!! Hugs

My date is June 27, pre-op on June 24th. I'm surprised to hear about everyone on the liquid diet...some for 2 weeks. I drink Clear Liquids only on June 26th. Wonder why my doctor is different? But, I am SO excited and really ready to get started. I've been amazed at some of the bad habits I have...like not chewing my food enough. I've been working on being more aware of it, and changing it. My job requires a lot of travel, a lot of walking and set-up at a program and I am really looking forward to doing these things without feeling like I'm going to die at the end of the day! I am also looking forward to shopping again, walking by a window/mirror and not being disgusted and maybe even to wearing heels again! Are others keeping this entire procedure a secret like I am? I'm not even telling my parents and certainly not people I work with. My immediate family knows, but that's it. How do you handle this?

I'm looking foward to making some friends on this site and helping and being helped through this great journey.

Apple! Today is your day! What are you doing on here???

I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear from you when you feel up to it!