Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

HI ALL!!!! I'm in the hospital hotel awaiting my banding tomorrow morning!!! My boyfreind is here with me and we both have upset stomachs....I think it's nerves. I was on high Protein diet last week and this week liquids. Today was supposed to be Clear Liquids and I thought I was doing great until I realized that a latte isn't really a clear liquid...so I screwed up....TWICE today. I hope that isn't why my stomach is upset. And I hope this goes away by 5am. I have to check in at 5am and surgery is scheduled for 7am. SO nervous!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!

Yes, I will be band June 25. Good luck to you and let me

know how you did. Was you sick? Did you have to stay over night

in the hospital? I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking for a new way of life, thing I can't do now at 200 I Have diabetes, take 2 shots aday hoping this will help , will be thinking about you on the 10th . thanks Mackie============================================================================================================================

Got a call from my Dr today or his office.Not going to do my surg till July 1. But I'm still having it. I'm a little scared. I guess the unknow does that.I just love reading all you have to say.

Mackie

Jimmy, I was banded Monday also. I know just how you feel! lol I have been carrying my belly around with me like I was 9 months preggers! lol I went in to work yesterday for a meeting I couldn't get out of. Stayed 3 hrs and was pretty wiped out. Today I go in for a half day, then tomorrow all day. (at least it will be friday so I can rest for the weekend.) I feel much better today. I just did a bit of weights...upper body, 3# wts (hey I gotta start somewhere...) and I feel good right now. I lost 3 lbs this morning (total of 20 since I started this journey back in October). Every day gets easier. I know we will have bumps in the road but I believe there will be more positive than negative things. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.:)

Strike up

Hey

I'm back at work today again and I'm a bit low on energy. I feel kind of sleepy. I'm not sure why but I have alot of pain in my left shoulder and upper left back (almost like a pinched nerve?) i was told that air in the body can cause that? I don't know if I should worry about that. :thumbup:

For the most part all is good. I got on the scale this morning and I was 441 down from 444 on Monday and down from 464 2 weeks before surgery and 495 back in January. This has got me feeling good. I still don't think I could eat if I wanted to and I've been drinking (kellogg's Special K Protein waters) about 2-3 a day along with plain Water. I had a sugar free popsicle last night before I went to bed and that was refreshing. I am looking forward to the weeks to come.

Strike up

Hey

I'm back at work today again and I'm a bit low on energy. I feel kind of sleepy. I'm not sure why but I have alot of pain in my left shoulder and upper left back (almost like a pinched nerve?) i was told that air in the body can cause that? I don't know if I should worry about that. :thumbup:

For the most part all is good. I got on the scale this morning and I was 441 down from 444 on Monday and down from 464 2 weeks before surgery and 495 back in January. This has got me feeling good. I still don't think I could eat if I wanted to and I've been drinking (kellogg's Special K Protein waters) about 2-3 a day along with plain Water. I had a sugar free popsicle last night before I went to bed and that was refreshing. I am looking forward to the weeks to come.

Jimmy, You are doing great!! I have also lost 3 lbs. Today is my first full day back to work...I hope. I know I can't get away till about 3. Tonite is our Relay for Life so I have to be out doing that starting at 6. Maybe I will go home and get a nap before then. I told them I could stay all night but that was before surgery:huh2: Not so sure now..lol. I am keeping track of my food on the realize band web site and it shows I am not even near getting enough calories. How could ya when everything I eat is sugar free!! So I wonder if thats why I am so tired. Yes, the shoulder pain is from the gas. Mine is about gone. Walking helps. And if ya toot, umm, let me know what state you are from first! lol and which way the wind is blowing! Nah, its not bad and the pain will be gone in another day or so. Hang in there, this is a new beginning!

I am having my surgery date on June 18th now instead of the 20th. :laugh: He modified the way I am to do my liquid diet so I can go in earlier. He is taking vacation towards the end of the month and wants to get us all in for our post-op 1 week apt before he leaves. So that rocks! I started my liquid diet today and so far not too bad! The Protein stuff I got is actually decent in the taste area which surprised me. I am just so pumped right now I can't concentrate here at work! :) But I need to get my head back in the workplace.

Have a great day everyone!~:thumbup:

I am having my surgery date on June 18th now instead of the 20th. :laugh: He modified the way I am to do my liquid diet so I can go in earlier. He is taking vacation towards the end of the month and wants to get us all in for our post-op 1 week apt before he leaves. So that rocks! I started my liquid diet today and so far not too bad! The Protein stuff I got is actually decent in the taste area which surprised me. I am just so pumped right now I can't concentrate here at work! :) But I need to get my head back in the workplace.

Have a great day everyone!~:thumbup:

good luck Ronda

The third day on opti-fast was the worst for me.

I did not cheat but I think it would be easy to do if you don't have some help. I just stayed busy and my wife and kids were real cool with not eating around me.

After Monday week two the hunger pains wnt away and I didn't even want to drink the Optifast. Good luck GO GIRL.

Hey, thanks for the encouragement. I have 2 co-workers (1 has been approved and one is going through the process) so I will have some good encouragement as we go to the breakroom and have our Jello together! LOL I have done a liquid type thing before and by the third day it was a cake walk.... no more issues... My daughter and grandaughters live with me right now as her husband is in Iraq and she is being so supportive. Plans on having the girls fed before I get home at night from work, keeping all their snack stuff up and out of my vision and I have a whole list for this weekend of projects I want to accomplish so I can stay busy! I think proper planning will help more than anything and not sitting in front of the tv!

Have a great day!

:)

I am sooooo excited! I can't wait, but I have to lose 10 more pounds or he won't do the surgery. I know I can do it, but it is sooooo hard!! Especially this week, my hubby has been out of state for the last week and I have the kids all by myself!!! :thumbup: When I stress, I eat. But not this week! It has been the biggest struggle of my life, but it will so be worth it!!! Anyone else having any trouble shedding that 5% before surgery, and how did you do it?

Kristi

I had my 1st appt with Dr. on 4-9-08, he said I have to lose 35lbs. So he said No sugar, No milk or any milk products, eat 1/2 of what I normally eat & don't eat after 7pm. It worked, I lost 20 lbs. On 6-4-08 I started my 2 week liquid diet. I have to consume 60 g of Protein a day (30 at a time). I can have Water, clear broths, sf Jello, juice (4oz of juice w/ 4oz of water at a time).

It is working! I am down another 6.5 lbs since wednesday!! I have about 10 more lbs to go. I think I can make it in a week & 1/2.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 more days The 10th is near

Hey y'all... I just got the call today! I'm going to be a June Bandster! 6/26 to be exact... I'm looking forward to it and I'm scared to death...

Looking forward to getting to know you!

SM

Is anybody out there who is a June Bandster, going to have surgery by Dr. Kuri in Tijuana, Mexico?

TJ on the 16th, but not Dr. Kuri. His staff was really nice though and I've only heard/read great feedback about him.

Shome,

Water, Water, and Fiber. Increase those two things and the pounds will fall faster.

My surgery date is June 18th. WOW, I have a date!

Best of luck to to all.

Shome,

Water, Water, and fiber. Increase those two things and the pounds will fall faster.

My surgery date is June 18th. WOW, I have a date!

Best of luck to to all.

I only have about 10 more pounds to go. I think I can do it before the 17th. I am drinking almost enough water, about 6-8 glasses a day. Where do I get more fiber from???