Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

Why do you have to loose 5 lbs. before your surgery date? I don't understand. I am fortunate to have a BMI of 43 and some times a bit lower so I am not required by Dr. Kuri to do the LSD (liver shrinking diet) although something in my mind says maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it anyway. I am 5'5 and weigh 260 at present with surgery date of June 17th. Kerry

my surgery date is june 12th. I start my pre-op diet june 7. I am so excited and so nervous. can anyone tell me how bad the scars are? Not that I will care I just wondered?

my surgery date is june 12th. I start my pre-op diet june 7. I am so excited and so nervous. can anyone tell me how bad the scars are? Not that I will care I just wondered?

Just 1 day post op so I don't have scars yet but I have 5 cuts, 4 very small, maybe 1/2 in and the 5th one is about 4 inches. Doesn't look like stitches on any of them so maybe they glued me back together! Nothing hurts now but I am not moving too fast. Gonna take a shower then put on new bandaids and get some sleep. These look like they will heal nicely. I don't think you need to worry about this part. I think the diet hell was 10x worse than the surgery! Good luck, I know time will fly for you!

I am finally going for it, after many many years of lurking on these boards, I have finally made the initial plunge, I went to see Dr. Billy in Ventura, and have a tentative date of June 9th. I am very nervous and hope all works out. I am not on a pre op diet, they told me to do Low carb, Hi Protein and clear liquid two days before surgery.

Can anyone tell me what to expect post operatively for the first few days?

Thanks

I got GNC Pro Performance whey isolate 28, chocolate flavor.

I had it this morning. Not all that I had hoped for. I am going to use my magic bullet to blend it with ice next time. I wish they would have had sample packets. I spent $40 on stuff I am not enjoying all that much.

I went to Super supplements & should have gotten some small sample size packets, but didn't because they are 45 minutes away from me & I had to have something to start with today. However I do have another appt tomorrow & I will stop by there & get some samples. I figure I will be at my Dr. office about once a month or so...... Super Supliments is just down the street from it.

I decided to also finish off the SlimFast low carb drinks I have in my fridge. That should get me through the 2 weeks if I have one I enjoy a day & 2 or 3 of the other stuff.

Ok, I had the Protein Drink again today for lunch. I used my magic bullet & some ice, it was waaaaaaay better!!!! :angry:

kerryconner, my surgery is being done by Dr Roye at RI Hospital in providence. How long of a process is it when you go to mexico to have the surgery? I am excited but scared at the same time. I waited so long so to actually have the date is scarey.

:angry::thumbup::smile::thumbup::lol:

WOOHOO!!!! FINALLY got a date--lucky June the 13th! Good thing I'm not superstitious or anything, but I guess I better take my rabbit's foot...:biggrin2:

These docs make you stay overnight in the hospital. I'm almost 54 and NEVER been in a hospital (other than working in one--never as a patient!)

Any advice to help keep it from being too wierd??

:thumbup:

I am sooooo excited! I can't wait, but I have to lose 10 more pounds or he won't do the surgery. I know I can do it, but it is sooooo hard!! Especially this week, my hubby has been out of state for the last week and I have the kids all by myself!!! :thumbup: When I stress, I eat. But not this week! It has been the biggest struggle of my life, but it will so be worth it!!! Anyone else having any trouble shedding that 5% before surgery, and how did you do it?

Kristi

Hi Kristi,, I Don't Know About The 5%, It Wasn't Required From My Surgeon. Just An Effort To Lose... Or Showing With Exercise And Diet, You Can't..i Am Allowed To Have One Meal And 2 Of Protein Shakes, I Am Hungry, But I Can Do It...my Date Is The 11th, And Was Told My Approval Would Go Thru Today Or Tomorrow. I Am Keeping My Fingers Crossed. Been Reading From This Site For Hrs. A Day. Everyone Is Different And Hopefully We Will Be The Lucky Ones. Take Care. And Good Luck. Judy

OK jazzy Junes and everyone else wish me well. I go in tomorrow at 5:30 am I cant believe it's finally here. Kind of nervous but I'm ready. I will post and let you know how I'm doing

I am getting banded on June 9th at St john's hospital in Oxnard by Dr.Billy; I am getting a little scared. It was really funny I have been praying , if this surgery was meant to be for me than it would go smoothly, today I get a call from his office telling me that my insurance company said they will not authorize it, they have to evaluate everything. She said how about if we schedule for June 11th instead,I said okay, but if it is not that day than I will have to put it off until August, while she is talking to me, she says hold on a second there is an insurance company on the line, she puts me on hold for about five minutes and comes on the phone and tells me , she has never had this happen but my insurance company was on the phone and they approved the surgery for Monday the 9th, and by the way all the information was faxed to them yesterday June 3rd.

I guess I am meant to have this surgery.:thumbup: