Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

Hello all this my first time writing on here , Im also Getting Banded in June Mine is For June 2 Im going on week 2 of pre Op diet now im so ready for this , just as all of you are , good luck every one

kelly:thumbup:

Kelly, I am June 2 also. Many years ago I celebrated my wedding anniversary on that date. Been divorced about 20 years now so now I will have a new life (mine!!!) to Celebrate on our day. I only (only....geez) have do do 10 days of liquid diet. Its 2 Protein Shakes plus very little else except SF popsicles or Jello. But, as much as I hate it, the lbs are dropping off so thats a good thing! Welcome and keep posting. It really encourages me to read of others going thru this, especially those who are going to be banded the same day as I am. We can do this!!

Hi Everyone,

I am so anxious! I find that I have been eating much more than usual for the fear that I wont' ever be able to eat it again.

(Kerry)I too am being banded by Dr. Kuri on June 28th. Let me know how it goes, I need to drop at least 5 pounds before my surgery date any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I am so anxious! I find that I have been eating much more than usual for the fear that I wont' ever be able to eat it again.

(Kerry)I too am being banded by Dr. Kuri on June 28th. Let me know how it goes, I need to drop at least 5 pounds before my surgery date any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Have you tried following the liquid Protein diet? Seems many folks have to follow that for a few weeks pre op and drop lots of weight on it. My dr. didn't require the Liquid Protein but a higher percentage of protien and small meals every 3 hours. I've already dropped 4 in less than 2 days. I just have to do Clear liquids 2 days preop.

I'm going to be banded June 10!!!!

I'm really nervous, scared, and feel a little sick to my tummy. I'm just all a buzz!

I am set for the 24th and can't wait! The days are not falling off the calendar fast enough but I have to admit that I am nervous, excited, and so much more. :(

i am being banded on june 16th. i am excited, nervous, terrified, relieved, and in mourning over the things i wont be eating anymore, but its been 10 long months of fighting with insurance and going for every conceivable test known to mankind, but it will be soooo worth it!!!!!

My Name is Rose and I will be banded by Dr Enochs in Raleigh, NC June 2nd.. It has been a long journey but the hard part is finally done... Good Luck to all of you ....

Ok I'm getting ready as well I start the pre -op diet tomorrow and I'm like ok can I do this? But I will try with all my might. For some reason reality kicked in about Tuesday and I was eating everything in sight. Like I was never going to see food again. My surgery is June 5th this coming thursday. A part of me is excited and part nervous and a part wants to back out. I will ahve to stay overnight was wishing they would send me home same day but doctor says he makes everyone stay overnight.

But I keep thinking of myself losing weight and thinking of how happy I will be. But then I keep thinking what if this doesn't work too well for me and I don't lose as much. I know about 2 people I work with and they have not really lost anything and it's been a while. But I will stay positive and just try and experience my own journey here. Ok I will count on all of you to be my support system here since I'm not telling anyone in my family just husband. I did tell a few co-workers. Anyway anoyone from Houston and using Dr Alanis?

Tiff

i am being banded on june 16th. i am excited, nervous, terrified, relieved, and in mourning over the things i wont be eating anymore, but its been 10 long months of fighting with insurance and going for every conceivable test known to mankind, but it will be soooo worth it!!!!!

Please don't mourn the things you won't be eating. I've been reading countless threads, blogs, books, etc. since I started this journey last August and depending on the person, you can eat what you want within 6 months to a year. Does this mean you'll go back to a bonbon, potato chip, soda fest once this is over? I won't. I'm making healthy choices. But I'm human. I know that every once in a while, I'm going to want a taste of ice cream (my personal demon) and if I make a wise choice, like the Dryers slow churn with 50% less fat and 30% lower calories, and I don't over do it, I should be ok. But you and I both recognize that the benefits are so much more. I'm right there with you and can't wait to hear more details of your journey.