Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

Ok I'm getting ready as well I start the pre -op diet tomorrow and I'm like ok can I do this? But I will try with all my might. For some reason reality kicked in about Tuesday and I was eating everything in sight. Like I was never going to see food again. My surgery is June 5th this coming thursday. A part of me is excited and part nervous and a part wants to back out. I will ahve to stay overnight was wishing they would send me home same day but doctor says he makes everyone stay overnight.

But I keep thinking of myself losing weight and thinking of how happy I will be. But then I keep thinking what if this doesn't work too well for me and I don't lose as much. I know about 2 people I work with and they have not really lost anything and it's been a while. But I will stay positive and just try and experience my own journey here. Ok I will count on all of you to be my support system here since I'm not telling anyone in my family just husband. I did tell a few co-workers. Anyway anoyone from Houston and using Dr Alanis?

Tiff

Forget the people you work with. This is about you. What you want and your journey. You never know what other people are doing behind closed doors...are they sabotaging their diet? Do they exercise? All you really know is you, what you can do, what you're willing to work for. I can tell by your post that you are a fighter. You're fighting for your health and you are asking yourself the right questions. Don't let anyone derail you. You can do this, if this is what you want, and the benefits will be glorious.

P.S. I'm not telling people either...and my reason is, I don't need the added pressure. My husband is my support, and 3 other people know at work...1 who is banded, 1 who accidently found my lapband blog, and the other is a fantastic non-judgmental friend. I heard the comments my friends made regarding a mutual friend who had gastric bypass. She was eating Breakfast and they were scrutinizing her choices and commenting that she may have gained a couple of pounds. I was pissed. This girl has worked really hard for her weightloss. Who are we to say what she eats and comment about weight fluctuations. Last time I checked, Jesus wasn't in the room, so why the comments? I knew then, that this journey was going to be personal. Maybe one day I will share it, but not right now. Not while it's fresh and I'm dealing with all of this. My husband is a rock. He's solidly behind me. The funny thing is he's never commented on my weight, never said I looked fat, never commented on what I'm eating. He's always told me that I'm beautiful. Too Cool.

P.S. I'm not telling people either...and my reason is, I don't need the added pressure. My husband is my support, and 3 other people know at work...1 who is banded, 1 who accidently found my lapband blog, and the other is a fantastic non-judgmental friend. I heard the comments my friends made regarding a mutual friend who had gastric bypass. She was eating Breakfast and they were scrutinizing her choices and commenting that she may have gained a couple of pounds. I was pissed. This girl has worked really hard for her weightloss. Who are we to say what she eats and comment about weight fluctuations. Last time I checked, Jesus wasn't in the room, so why the comments? I knew then, that this journey was going to be personal. Maybe one day I will share it, but not right now. Not while it's fresh and I'm dealing with all of this. My husband is a rock. He's solidly behind me. The funny thing is he's never commented on my weight, never said I looked fat, never commented on what I'm eating. He's always told me that I'm beautiful. Too Cool.

Diz, does your husband have a brother??:( So glad you have a rock! Most of my support for one reason or another are not able to be with me monday when I go in for my band. I will get up and leave at 3 am for a 2 1/2 hr drive and git er done. If I have to stay overnite, at least its figured in the cost I already paid. I am self pay. Funny, they never said anything about a refund if I DONT need to stay overnite. I am getting nervous and excited now...only one more day of liquids, halleluia!

Strike up the band,

I am not totally sure, but I don't think you will be able to drive yourself home. I hope you will have someone there to go home with you.

Edited by shome

Sorry, my husband is an adopted only son. I wish I lived close to you, I'd drive you to the appointment and drive home. I think "Shome" is right, my doctor won't let me drive home.

I'm being banded on June 4th - sitting here having my 4th Optifast shake of the day - one more to go. I'm hoping to be back at work on the Monday after - I need to be back at school to review with my kids before exams - hope I'm not pushing it!

I enjoy hearing about all your emotions and knowing that I'm not alone in my thoughts. Thanks for all your postings!

Edited by marinemom

Sorry, my husband is an adopted only son. I wish I lived close to you, I'd drive you to the appointment and drive home. I think "Shome" is right, my doctor won't let me drive home.

Hopefully BF will come thru for me. Its tricky with his work hours. If they make me stay overnite thats fine but after a whole nites rest, I doubt if they could stop me from driving home. Eventually I will have to anyway. Thanks Diz for the offer. That would be quite a trip!! I used to live in Bakersfield but its been many years since I was out that way.:laugh::ohmy::lol::ohmy:One More Day!!!!:biggrin::ohmy::thumbup:

Hello Everyone, I am very excited...I will be bandend June 13th....I start pre-op Monday.

True Results In Houston, TX

I am on June 13th...eek. My sister is coming to visit me and help me with my one year old since I won't be able to lift her. I am nervous and excited about it all!

Bobbi

Hopefully BF will come thru for me. Its tricky with his work hours. If they make me stay overnite thats fine but after a whole nites rest, I doubt if they could stop me from driving home. Eventually I will have to anyway. Thanks Diz for the offer. That would be quite a trip!! I used to live in Bakersfield but its been many years since I was out that way.:laugh::ohmy::lol::ohmy:One More Day!!!!:biggrin::ohmy::thumbup:

I don't think they keep you from driving b/c of the rest. It is b/c you have to be able to twist & turn in a way that may hurt you or mess with stitches & what not while you drive, such as backing up, looking out rear window. Plus you will be on pain meds.

If your friend can't drive you I hope they release you & you have no problems!! I will be praying for you.

You will have a great surgery on Monday!!!

Here we go Jazzy Junsters our time has come. This is the first "month" of our new life to a new self. I am so excited for each and everyone of us. We can do this....we WILL do this. I am praying for all of us.

I don't think they keep you from driving b/c of the rest. It is b/c you have to be able to twist & turn in a way that may hurt you or mess with stitches & what not while you drive, such as backing up, looking out rear window. Plus you will be on pain meds.

If your friend can't drive you I hope they release you & you have no problems!! I will be praying for you.

You will have a great surgery on Monday!!!

Change in plans again...now I WILL be staying in the hosp overnight, because my BF's mother, whom I was going to stay with is getting chemo on the 3rd and she's a mess worrying about that. I don't want to add to her stress. BF will be at the hosp as soon as he is off work (he works nights) and will probably see me before I go in for surgery. Gonna make him come back and help me get in the car the next day lol. I will be on Untraset, a painkiller that doesn't make you sleepy. I think I will be good going home as long as they last. I know they work, had them before when I had breast surgery. I am starting to slosh now I am so full of Water. They said to drink LOTS today and of course nothing after midnite. Thanks for the prayers. I will let everyone know how it went when I get back home Tuesday.

Yahoo!!! It's June!! the first month of the rest of our lives!!

Strikeuptheband; I hope they still do your surgery if you have no on to drive you. Is your MIL in the hospital? Hoping BF is able to come through for you! Good luck!!

Yahoo!!! It's June!! the first month of the rest of our lives!!

Strikeuptheband; I hope they still do your surgery if you have no on to drive you. Is your MIL in the hospital? Hoping BF is able to come through for you! Good luck!!

She's my BF's mom, she'a about 81 and has tons more energy than I do! (especially these days!) She lives in Jeff City, about a half hour from Columbia and I was going to stay at her house. But she's getting Chemo on the 3rd and is very stressed about it. She is usually the most upbeat cheerful person you could meet, but this has got her down. I don't want to add to her stress; she would feel like she has to take care of me. Shes a sweetie. Got it under control...BF will be with me and I will spend the night in the hosp. I have a good paperback and I am sure they will keep me busy walking around and sipping broth all day! Will let you know how it turns out.