Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Yeah. It has been quiet here the last couple of days. I'm currently suffering through liquids and counting down to my surgery! T minues 1.5 days! I can't believe it's here so quickly!!

I am starting to get a little paranoid this morning because I have had a runny nose today. It doesn't feel like a cold (feels more like allergies), but I don't have any allergies this time of year....I think my body is manifesting it's nervousness & excitement....

That's funny. The day before my surgery I was afraid I was getting sick. I guess you're right...it stemmed from the excitement and nervousness.

I know the clear liquid diet today will be tough but remember that you are doing this for yourself. That's what kept me going. Good luck tomorrow...the surgery experience at the hospital was a great one. The staff is wonderful. A funny thing that happened to me was that when I met my OR nurses...one of them was an old friend I went to school with. It was great.

Good luck venzwife! When you feel up to it post to let us know how you are.

Debbut how are you feeling this week?

hello everyone. i been so busy this last few days.

the past weekend was so nice we went to little river, and enjoyed it alot. and then went to kaninag house and had a great time sunday. and the kids are still talking about swimming alday long. natalie loved your dogs also.

venswife, i hope everything goes well, and please let us now how you are doing.

hello everyone. i been so busy this last few days.

the past weekend was so nice we went to little river, and enjoyed it alot. and then went to kaninag house and had a great time sunday. and the kids are still talking about swimming alday long. natalie loved your dogs also.

venswife, i hope everything goes well, and please let us now how you are doing.

HAHA! well, we're planning on swimming all day on sat or sunday one yall are welcome to come back!!!!

Debbut how are you feeling this week?

Doing great...other than dying to sink my teeth into some real food. I'm considering joining the gym and I almost feel like I'm back to my normal self.

Doing great...other than dying to sink my teeth into some real food. I'm considering joining the gym and I almost feel like I'm back to my normal self.

Glad you are doing well so quickly. That gives me hope for a speedy recovery when I get my surgery. :wub: Do you feel hungry a lot?

I am so sorry to hear that Amanda! :-( That was my worst fear. From others that I have heard with borderline cases that got denied is appeal appeal appeal. See if you can get letters from any of your doctors saying why it is medically necessary for you. Even if you have one "official" co-morbid condition, make a list of things that don't fall into that category. I'm going to PM you a letter I wrote to send with my application that might give you some ideas for an appeal letter.

Venzwife, thanks for the info, I need all the help I can get. my email is luckystar1985@yahoo.com. Thank you again everyone. I talked to Bc/Bs today and apparently not all of my paperwork was sent in! :crying::wub::eek:AAAHHHHH!!!! so now I have to keep a rally close check i guess! I tried not to micromanage and trust that everything would get done, but I guess I'll have tjo be more proactive. If anyone else has info. I would really appreciate it. I am SO ready for change!!

Also, Venzwife I am praying:rolleyes2: for you and for the surgery. I am so excited for you, and will be thinking about you. let us know how it goes. thanks everyone, amanda:thumbup:

Goodness. I have been soo busy, I don't get much time to get on the computer these days.

I am sorry Amanda. I agree that you should appeal. Keep trying.

Glad you are feeling better Jason.

Well I thought we were through with baseball - but Jackson was picked for allstars... But I am hoping that it won't be as time consuming as the regular season. At least practices are later, so it will give us time to cook.

I will probably miss this month's support group meeting too! Depending on how we do in the tounament. If we go out Friday night - then I will be there! If not - I won't...

Hope everyone is doing good!!

=)

Shawna

Congrats on All-Stars that is awesome!!:wub:

Venzwife, thanks for the info, I need all the help I can get. my email is luckystar1985@yahoo.com. Thank you again everyone. I talked to Bc/Bs today and apparently not all of my paperwork was sent in! :crying::wub::eek:AAAHHHHH!!!! so now I have to keep a rally close check i guess! I tried not to micromanage and trust that everything would get done, but I guess I'll have tjo be more proactive. If anyone else has info. I would really appreciate it. I am SO ready for change!!

Also, Venzwife I am praying:rolleyes2: for you and for the surgery. I am so excited for you, and will be thinking about you. let us know how it goes. thanks everyone, amanda:thumbup:

I totally had to micromanage and make sure everything got sent in for my surgery. My doc told me I didnt have to have the psych eval because I didnt weight as much and he felt like I was stable....2 days before I completed my docs wt loss stuff I called insurance they said you HAVE to submit the psych eval, I got it done the next day and that SAME day the psych doc faxed my stuff to BCBS if I hadnt dont that I probably wouldnt have gotten banded when I did!! I called BCBS everyday after I found out they got everthing!!

I am done & out!! It was an overall pleasant experience, except for the two hours or so after surgery. I was feeling REALLY nauseous no matter what they gave me. I couldn't get the feeling to go away. I had drank my 12 oz of liquid (ice chips and juice) and was about to leave when they gave me a dose of the liquid Lortab for the pain. I only swallowed a tiny little bit and knew I was in trouble. I ended up throwing up twice. The first time it was all air - like a burp! The second was almost a cup of liquid! I didn't think my stomach could hold that much! It wasn't a violent throw up, so I don't think I hurt anything, but it was definitely a wretch. I think my stomach pouch must have been filled with air that couldn't get out which was causing me problems.

I felt fantastic after that, though, and have managed to hold down all my liquids since then. I just have a little soreness at the incisiion sites (mainly port site), but just sleepy otherwise.

Do you guys have any problems burping after this? I notice that I tend to swallow a little bit of air when I drink, even when I try not to. I burped just a little bit a few minutes ago (which I am very grateful for), but I did wonder about it.

Amanda, I also had to micro-manage and bug Peggy to death about all of my files too. I'll email you a copy of the letter I sent, and also a letter I had the sleep doctor write for me. Even though I didn't officially have apnea, I had a few "episodes" during the night that I used to try and strengthen my case.

I am done & out!! It was an overall pleasant experience, except for the two hours or so after surgery. I was feeling REALLY nauseous no matter what they gave me. I couldn't get the feeling to go away. I had drank my 12 oz of liquid (ice chips and juice) and was about to leave when they gave me a dose of the liquid Lortab for the pain. I only swallowed a tiny little bit and knew I was in trouble. I ended up throwing up twice. The first time it was all air - like a burp! The second was almost a cup of liquid! I didn't think my stomach could hold that much! It wasn't a violent throw up, so I don't think I hurt anything, but it was definitely a wretch. I think my stomach pouch must have been filled with air that couldn't get out which was causing me problems.

I felt fantastic after that, though, and have managed to hold down all my liquids since then. I just have a little soreness at the incisiion sites (mainly port site), but just sleepy otherwise.

Do you guys have any problems burping after this? I notice that I tend to swallow a little bit of air when I drink, even when I try not to. I burped just a little bit a few minutes ago (which I am very grateful for), but I did wonder about it.

Hey! So glad you are doing well. I threw up too as we were leaving the hospital and it was like what you described. I went on home and was able to keep everything down after that.

The gas gets better if you walk...walk as much as you can.

Deb

Glad you are out and well Venz!! I burp ALL the time still...LOL! I never used to burp before... Things all get better from here!!

Hey Kanina - I got a new tattoo! I will have to get a good pic of it. Its a sun and moon (to represent my husband and I and four stars for our kids). It was a birthday present from my son and husband.

Looking forward for Spring Valley Beach! I also am excited about shopping for a new swimsuit, for the first time ever!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!

=)

Shawna

Glad you are out and well Venz!! I burp ALL the time still...LOL! I never used to burp before... Things all get better from here!!

Hey Kanina - I got a new tattoo! I will have to get a good pic of it. Its a sun and moon (to represent my husband and I and four stars for our kids). It was a birthday present from my son and husband.

Looking forward for Spring Valley Beach! I also am excited about shopping for a new swimsuit, for the first time ever!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!

=)

Shawna

Im so JEALOUS!!!! I cant wait to see it. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna get another one. cant wait to see everyone.

congrtas on the new tat ford! my wife is wanting to add to her leg and im wanting to start my full sleeve on my leg.

ok i posted a starter list fo rthe meeting, so please stop by there and look and add to it if yo uwant to.

i would say try to keep it simple. but thats me. lol

I totally had to micromanage and make sure everything got sent in for my surgery. My doc told me I didnt have to have the psych eval because I didnt weight as much and he felt like I was stable....2 days before I completed my docs wt loss stuff I called insurance they said you HAVE to submit the psych eval, I got it done the next day and that SAME day the psych doc faxed my stuff to BCBS if I hadnt dont that I probably wouldnt have gotten banded when I did!! I called BCBS everyday after I found out they got everthing!!

So do you have to have a psych evaluation for BCBS? I ask because it wasn't on my checklist and my paper work had to be submitted because of 1 inch! All of my medical records say I am 5'4", but Dr. Schmitt's office entered 5'5" to BCBS which didn't give me immediate approval due to making my lowest BMI go below 40. Why do they have to make it so difficult?!?!?!?! :blushing: