Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

:lol:

Hey Jason....you'd be proud of me! Got out and walked up and down the driveway a couple of times...just before it started raining....again.

you are correct im am very proud of you. everyone is different with pain. so i dont expect everyone to do what i did and walk Walmart the day after. matter of fact i hope no one does that.

but keep up the good work. im very proud.

has everything gone ok with you? any question feel free to ask, no matter what it is we have heard them all.

:sad::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:lol:

has everything gone ok with you? any question feel free to ask, no matter what it is we have heard them all.

:sad::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Everything is going great. The only thing that seems to be a problem is the gas but I'm sure that'll get better over time. The doctors, staff, and Veronica do such a great job educating you about the procedure and how to take care of yourself that I just don't have many questions. By the way, walked a little more this evening because I'm going to do this once and for all. I have hope now. Great docs and a great support group.

Everything is going great. The only thing that seems to be a problem is the gas but I'm sure that'll get better over time. The doctors, staff, and Veronica do such a great job educating you about the procedure and how to take care of yourself that I just don't have many questions. By the way, walked a little more this evening because I'm going to do this once and for all. I have hope now. Great docs and a great support group.

the walking to me wsa the best thing you can do for the gas.

and you are correct the staff that you see helps out so much. i would say they arer some of the best around.

ok everyone. veronica sent me a email back about the boot cap. she is going to talk to the fittness center there and see what she can work on. and she also forward the email to the docotrs at the office to see what they can do. so keep your fingers cross and maybe we can get something done.

on a side note hows everyone doing?

im fine i guess. not losing any here latey but still at it. can't stop now.

Cool deal, maybe they can do something on the weekends. cuz I surely cant do anything from jville during the week!!

I think Im gonna have to have another unfill...having reflux again.....and I really dont wanna be getting sick while Im in fl. Im back to losing some again though. So we'll see Im not weighing until sat officially...

had something new happen to me just now.

i cooked some hambugers on the grill. and i tried to eat one. and this would be the first itme since my last fill doing so. before i could eat one but real sslow and chew it very good. so i took one bit and it was fine. then i took another bit and then it hit me. it was stuck. and this was small bit also. well went to the bathrom because i was going to see it again. so i went in there and it came back up, but this time i t went a liitle more. i threw up for real. i guess when the meat that was stuck came up it made me throw up from my stomach this time to. didnt taste good.

before it would be nothing because it would taste like what i just eatten. lol

just wondering if this happen to any of you.

Hi everyone. I am so sad, BC denied me today. they said i had only one comorbid cond. and lower than 40 bmi :crying: i weighed 5 pounds to littl ein 2006, and this kept me from getting approved. I am already out well over $1,000, and so sad and disgusted. please give me any ideas as to what to do next. i havent received the letter yet, but dr miles office called me to tell me what BC/BS said. Thanks fo the help!!

I am so sorry to hear that Amanda! :-( That was my worst fear. From others that I have heard with borderline cases that got denied is appeal appeal appeal. See if you can get letters from any of your doctors saying why it is medically necessary for you. Even if you have one "official" co-morbid condition, make a list of things that don't fall into that category. I'm going to PM you a letter I wrote to send with my application that might give you some ideas for an appeal letter.

Question everyone....my surgery is less than a week away!! AH!!! I am so nervous & excited!

How many days of liquid diet did you all do BEFORE surgery? I know Clear Liquids only the day before with the bowel prep, but I wasn't sure how many days you do liquids before that (if any).

Okay, for some reason I can't figure out how to send you a PM, readyforchange09. Do you have an email address you could give me?

had something new happen to me just now.

i cooked some hambugers on the grill. and i tried to eat one. and this would be the first itme since my last fill doing so. before i could eat one but real sslow and chew it very good. so i took one bit and it was fine. then i took another bit and then it hit me. it was stuck. and this was small bit also. well went to the bathrom because i was going to see it again. so i went in there and it came back up, but this time i t went a liitle more. i threw up for real. i guess when the meat that was stuck came up it made me throw up from my stomach this time to. didnt taste good.

before it would be nothing because it would taste like what i just eatten. lol

just wondering if this happen to any of you.

yup had that happen a couple of times its like the initial small throw up makes everything else come up too...sucks!! hope youre feeling better.

Hi everyone. I am so sad, BC denied me today. they said i had only one comorbid cond. and lower than 40 bmi :thumbup: i weighed 5 pounds to littl ein 2006, and this kept me from getting approved. I am already out well over $1,000, and so sad and disgusted. please give me any ideas as to what to do next. i havent received the letter yet, but dr miles office called me to tell me what BC/BS said. Thanks fo the help!!

im so sorry for you. but do what venzwife said. and dont give up, please dont give up. i will try my best to help you if theres anyway i can.

also did you send in pics with your letter in. if not make sure you do that this next time.

and the bad think about it. its not a dr or a med person that even looks at the stuff they send in. so if they think you dont need it then you want get it.

im hooing the best for you. keeo your head up please!

I am so sorry to hear that Amanda! :-( That was my worst fear. From others that I have heard with borderline cases that got denied is appeal appeal appeal. See if you can get letters from any of your doctors saying why it is medically necessary for you. Even if you have one "official" co-morbid condition, make a list of things that don't fall into that category. I'm going to PM you a letter I wrote to send with my application that might give you some ideas for an appeal letter.

+1 on what she said!

Question everyone....my surgery is less than a week away!! AH!!! I am so nervous & excited!

How many days of liquid diet did you all do BEFORE surgery? I know clear liquids only the day before with the bowel prep, but I wasn't sure how many days you do liquids before that (if any).

i did between 1-2 weeks. just to get my liver smaller.

yup had that happen a couple of times its like the initial small throw up makes everything else come up too...sucks!! hope youre feeling better.

well that makes me feel better that it happen to someone else to. i feel better today, but my side hurts alittle.

im going to try and eat something for the first time since then.

Sure is quiet here.

Yeah. It has been quiet here the last couple of days. I'm currently suffering through liquids and counting down to my surgery! T minues 1.5 days! I can't believe it's here so quickly!!

I am starting to get a little paranoid this morning because I have had a runny nose today. It doesn't feel like a cold (feels more like allergies), but I don't have any allergies this time of year....I think my body is manifesting it's nervousness & excitement....

Goodness. I have been soo busy, I don't get much time to get on the computer these days.

I am sorry Amanda. I agree that you should appeal. Keep trying.

Glad you are feeling better Jason.

Well I thought we were through with baseball - but Jackson was picked for allstars... But I am hoping that it won't be as time consuming as the regular season. At least practices are later, so it will give us time to cook.

I will probably miss this month's support group meeting too! Depending on how we do in the tounament. If we go out Friday night - then I will be there! If not - I won't...

Hope everyone is doing good!!

=)

Shawna