Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hey Guys! I'm now officially banded! I'm doing great. I slept a lot yesterday and didn't get on the Internet. Jason, I took my pain meds up until 5:00 this morning but am taking the tylenol now. Probably end up going back to them tonight but I feel pretty good. I think when I get all the gas out, I'll feel a whole lot better. Been getting up and walking. Trying to get the fluids down. Just a little scared of the new stomach and not sure of what it'll do but don't want to get dehydrated either. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm doing ok. Shawna, thanks for asking.

Deb :thumbup:

any word on Debbut? Just wondering how everything went?

I am so ready for the weekend. My stepdaughter's bachalorette (sp) is on Sunday and then my Birthday is on Monday! My mom is giving me $$$ to get some new clothes!! WooHOO! I have no summer clothes!

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day Weekend!

=)

Shawna

I got $$$ for my birthday at the beginning of May and am saving it for the fall when I hope I will need some new clothes.

You're right about the kids growing up fast. My son turned 20 this month and now I only have one teen. She'll graduate next year. Seems like yesterday when I spent all my time at the ballparks just like you.:thumbup:

debbut, im glad you are doing good. keep up the work. just dont over do it until you feel like it. and the gas will go away soon. wlaking is the best for it. and you are right try to drink as much as you can.

Anyone interested in joining a fitness boot camp?

I think we need to have one sponsored by Miles and Schmitt to get people motivated. Can someone discuss this with Veronica? I don't know her really well. Maybe she can set up some kind of weight loss boot camp fitness thing.

They have camps for women and men. I am not extremely athletic, and I think this is something that I can use to push myself. I'm probably going to join the June 22 camp. Let me know what you all think! I don't feel like being tortured by myself... so join me! :-)

Birmingham Adventure Boot Camp - Birmingham

Edited by Lemonhed84

Congrats Deb!!!! I am glad to hear all went well with the surgery and your recovery is going smoothly. I am about 2 weeks away from finishing my insurance waiting period, and hoping to have surgery around the end of June.

Can you let me know how the preop diet was for you? I have started trying different Protein Shake recipes to get ready for the pre and postop liquids.< /p>

Any helpful hints also, since the process is fresh in your mind?

Congrats Deb!!!! I am glad to hear all went well with the surgery and your recovery is going smoothly. I am about 2 weeks away from finishing my insurance waiting period, and hoping to have surgery around the end of June.

Can you let me know how the preop diet was for you? I have started trying different Protein Shake recipes to get ready for the pre and postop liquids.

Any helpful hints also, since the process is fresh in your mind?

I didn't have any problems with the preop diet. Full liquids were ok with me and you get some recipes to try out at the nutrition class. They were good. I get to go back on full liquids tomorrow and am looking forward to it. The shakes are better with milk.

The surgery went pretty easy. Dr. Miles does a good job. I used the pain meds Thursday and Friday but haven't needed them today. liquid Tylenol is working for me now.

No hints really...just do this for yourself and stick to it....you're worth it. Just do what Veronica and your doctor tells you.

No hints really...just do this for yourself and stick to it....you're worth it. Just do what Veronica and your doctor tells you.

words to live by!!!!! :wink2:

Anyone interested in joining a fitness boot camp?

I think we need to have one sponsored by Miles and Schmitt to get people motivated. Can someone discuss this with Veronica? I don't know her really well. Maybe she can set up some kind of weight loss boot camp fitness thing.

They have camps for women and men. I am not extremely athletic, and I think this is something that I can use to push myself. I'm probably going to join the June 22 camp. Let me know what you all think! I don't feel like being tortured by myself... so join me! :-)

Birmingham Adventure Boot Camp - Birmingham

That is an awesome idea!!! I would be totally in!!! JASON- how bout mentioning this to Veronica??!!!!

I dont know exactly where you live but there are those boot camps all over. Heres alink for one in Gadsden!! Gadsden Adventure Boot Camp for Women - Gadsden

Edited by kaninag

That is an awesome idea!!! I would be totally in!!! JASON- how bout mentioning this to Veronica??!!!!

i will email veronica and see what she thinks about it. i think its an good idea.

We need to start one for men and women those websites just mention ones for women only.

Sorry I have to make 1 more post quickly I dont like total post of 666!!

We need to start one for men and women those websites just mention ones for women only.

the one in bham has one for men. but thats just to much driving for me for one hour a day.

i emailed veronica, so hopefully see will get back to me soon. it would be nice to have a banders work out day once a week or something in that order.

Hey Jason....you'd be proud of me! Got out and walked up and down the driveway a couple of times...just before it started raining....again.