Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I had my husband sign in on the Wii Fit last night and he did a bunch of exercises I'm not ready for just yet. He got quite a workout and is sore tonight (but he says he's doing them again tonight). I think it's really going to be a great motivator. It ticks me off when I step on it and it groans and when he steps on is it says "Great!".

I called the doctor yesterday, Dr. Miles was on call and he told me to come in today so he could look at my incisions. He said they looked fine. Infections with these bands are just a mess, he says and the only indicator they have of infection, is the incisions. He said he really wasn't concerned, it's not unusual to run a low grade fever after surgery (I thought five days was extreme, however), so he put me on some antibiotics just in case. I go back Friday to get my staples out. Anyway, most of the soreness is gone so, I'm still doing great other than the fever.

Good job on your first "test" Wendy!

well i finally got a apointment for the one on one nutrition class. then they can seen the paper work in. my apointment is june the 9th at st.vincents east. so maybe by the end of june i will hear something from bc/bs.

Good, Jason. Hopefully, you're on your way.

Well, after one dose of antibiotic the fever was gone, so I'm back to normal. I'm at work today and these staples are driving me nuts. I keep brushing up against my desk and they are itching like crazy. I'll be glad to get them out tomorrow!!

Glad to hear that you got Dr. Miles to check you out Di. Infections can be so nasty. My incisions healed up quick, just the stupid sores from the steri-strips that killed me. They lasted a whole 3 days, until my skin was gone and they fell off...LOL.

Great to hear you had a good trip Wendy!!

Southrn - You can come up and use my Wii anytime...LOL! It is one of those standing outside of K-mart in the freezing rain on Thanksgiving Wii's. So it is extra special..LOL

I am so happy everyone is doing well!!

=)

Di - Glad to hear that the fever has been tackled! I was the same way with the staples.. GET THEM OUT!! I felt so much better mentally when they were gone. I felt as if I could get on with life. I am finally seeing the staple remains vanishing. The incisions are still very noticable though but I'm sure thats expected.

Sounds like we are all going to have to get together and play the Wii haha. I'm not sure I want to be around anyone while I'm exercising :-). Although I did get over my fear of going to the gym and exercising beside those skinny minnies. I just remind myself I'm going to look like that someday. But talk about sweating!! I should be loosing at least 2 pounds a DAY just in sweat lol.

I can't wait to get a fill! I hope he puts 5cc's in this 10 cc band HA! I have hit that hungry phase and I hate it. Now that I can eat solids... it's hard. My problem has ALWAYS been that I don't eat healthy foods. That habit has showed it's ugly face again. I don't over eat... but it's hard to have healthy foods when they are so much more expensive and more trouble. I hope the nutritionist gives me something to go by as far as healthy foods next week.

Jason, glad to know you've got that scheduled and well on your way to approval.

Ok I'll shut up now hehe.... just got back from exercising and wired up.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

IS IT THURSDAY YET???? Tomorrow I start soft foods and I have to tell you, I am more than ready. You know it's bad when I look forward to my Vitamins in the morning, cause they're nice and crunchy! I'm really not having hunger issues, my various liquids really fill me up, but I am so sick of sweet, I want salty! I may stay up until midnight to have my grits.

Shawna, steri-strips didn't like me either, but when they started itching like mad it was too late to rip them off, they had already eaten holes in my skin. At first I thought I had a spider bite.

Wendy, is it tomorrow you have your first fill? Please let us know how that goes. I keep poking around trying to feel my port and I can't feel it (although I do have the Realize Band so it is flatter).

Hope everyone is doing well.

A few more hours Di!! And you'll be on your way to some consistancy at least! I never wanted to change phases during that time bc I was scared of gaining but you better believe, the first day I could... I did haha. I am a sweet nut but I was tired of them too. It seemed that everything during that liquid phase was sweet.

I do go tomorrow for a fill! I can't wait to see what it's all about. I wasn't able to feel my port for a while and can't always feel it now but if I'm laying flat, I can find it pretty easy. Does anyone know if they do the first fill with fluro? --- and what that even is? HAHA

Have y'all been weighing at home? How's the loss going?

I'm down 28 pounds - 6 weeks out. For about 3 weeks, it slowed greatly but I'm still happy with it! We've been working out at least 45 mins to an hour every day at the gym. Yesterday we went swimming... do you know how long it's been since I've been swimming??? I had a blast!

So how's everyone?? Do Tell!! Anyone struggling with anything? Since we are all so far apart.. this is our best option for a support meeting HA!

When I got my staples out, Lisa said something about an ultrasound at the first fill.

Pre-op, I lost 10 lbs and have lost 10.5 since surgery. I feel like I've lost so much more than that, I feel great. I'm back to a more "normal" weight for me. I had gained so much the last couple of years with menopause and was married last May and we've been eating all year like we did on our honeymoon! I've always been great at losing weight, that's never been a problem. Keeping it off is what I'm looking foward to.

Well the first fill is over and done. It took all of maybe 30 seconds.

Disclaimer: I'm sure everyone is different... but this is MY story went... haha

They offered me the numbing med but did remind me that most people say that stings and bc I'm not really afraid of needles.. I refused it. They came in and did a QUICK ultrasound to find the port, rubbed some batadine (SP) on it to clean it and stuck the needle in. It felt as though she hit it the first time but had to move it around, in the port, to get it situated. A little strange feeling but not painful. She said that I already had 3 cc's in there and she added 1.5cc's. So I'm at 4.5 in a 10 cc band. I was very surprised (after reading other fill stories) that there was no post fill diet to follow. She reminded me to eat slow and chew chew chew. So far, I can't tell any difference. I did eat less for supper but not because I was feeling stuffed. They scheduled my next fill for 4 weeks. I was hoping it would be 2 but oh well.

Other than that, I met with Ashley, the nutritionist and that went fine also. She reminded me of some things I had overlooked ( ex: the 5g, 15g in cheese also... I have been looking at that on everything.. but did forget about the cheese)

I guess that's all.. just wanted to give everyone an update. Hope all of you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!!!!

Just stopping in to say hello...

I have been so busy lately. I work full time in a hospital and I am also part owner in a photography business. It has been great, because I can control myself pretty good at work (who wants hospital food everyday) but the weekends I get bored and eat (preband). I have had work every weekend that has kept me from getting bored. Its been great!

I am trying to eat better and I do notice that I eat less than half of what I used to. My first fill is scheduled for a week from today, so I am hoping to see a difference in the frequency of my meals then. It just feels like the food doesn't stick with me.

I just wish it wasnt so freakin hot! I absolutely HATE summer! I am a fall or early spring person. So I am not near as active as I should be.

How are you doing Wendy? Have you noticed a difference since your fill?

How about you Di? My steri-strip sores just now have healed! I have been taking Benadryl (liquid) cuz they itched sooo bad!

Sthrn? How are you doing?

Just popping in!

Shawna, I was wondering where you were. Glad you're keeping busy. I'm just the opposite, when I'm home, I could live without eating. It's at work where everyone is eating constantly that I have a problem. However, since Karen and I have done this, a few people we work with are dieting and I am super competetive so I've been doing well. Of course, I just started soft foods Thursday, so "eating" feels all new to me. My steri-strip "wounds" are looking pretty good, except the first once that I scratched so much. My incisions are all closed up except one. I finally felt my port this weekend after poking around, feels weird.

I am dying to get in the swimming pool. I can understand not getting in a lake, or the ocean or a public pool, but there are no kids peeing in my pool. Once this last inicision closes up I don't understand why I can't get in to cool off. It is unbearably hot and I love working in the yard and hanging out by the pool, but I can't stand it for more than a few minutes at a time unless I'm wet! Guess I could play in the hose :-) Or pretend I didn't hear Veronica say "no pool for six weeks, not just no swimming".

Is anyone going to support group this month (June 21)? I plan to go, finally as POST-surgery!

Hi all!

Like Shawna, I have been working like crazy. I currently have 3 jobs and it won't be long before something has got to go!!

I see Wendy is on the fast-losing train.. WHOO HOOO! You go, girl. I go in for my 1st fill on Thursday so I'm hoping that will help me be able to kick the weight loss up a notch. I'm still pleased, though, as I am still losing albeit slow. However, I have also been taking measurements and they are decreasing almost every other day. So, I'm hoping I'll wake up one day and magically lose 10 pounds! Ha! :blink:

Diane, looks like you are coming right along with your weight loss.

So what is everyone doing for exercise? I know a couple of lucky dogs have the WiiFit ... Wendy, are you still going to the gym (obviously!). I have been doing the Couch to 5K every other day and week 3 is kicking my HUMP!! I'm still doing it, though. :thumbup: I'm getting ready to call our Y, though, and see if they are offering a Water aerobics -- I need something to combat those aching legs from the running.

Alright, keep checking in...I don't always have time to write but I do come check on my fellow bama girls!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Hey everyone!! WOW It's been a tough week so far at work and I'm realizing more and more how I got to this weight! Maybe I am a stress eater... coming out of denial! HA

Shawna - I can't tell much difference with this fill. I had a meltdown yesterday and resorted to a cheese stick.. I didn't chew it well and it hurt! Other than that, I haven't had any problems. I have got to get back focused and realize this stress will go away and not to take it out on my body!!!

SO Missy - Yes I'm still going to the gym. I missed 3 days due to having the gout and am still struggling with being able to walk 45 mins on the treadmill with a stiff toe. The doctor told me to stay away from the gym (never thought I would hear that!) until it was gone but when you stop seeing weight loss, it's hard to sit on the couch!

I'm making up my mind today to get back in the game! Start back counting Protein, Water intake, calories etc. Although I've only been off the band wagon a couple of days, it's discouraging and I WILL WIN this fight!!!

OK I'm off of my soap box haha

Glad to hear that everyone is coming right along and feeling better!!

Diane - I agree with the desire to swim. I never remember hearing them say not to but it was about 5 weeks when I started swimming. I hadn't been in YEARS and forgot how much I love it!!

went monday to the one on one nutrition class. it was very helpful. so now im just waiting on them to send the paper work in. so im hoping to hear something by the end of the month. keeping fingers cross.

glad to see everyone is doing great.

jason r

Hello, My Stuff Is On Its Way To Neoami To Be Sent In To Bcbs Of Al. I Have Been Watching This Thread Since Wendy Intoduced Me To It A Couple Weeks Ago. I Have Also Been Watcing The Regular Forum Discussions.

This Site Is So Wonderful. It Eases My Mind On Alot Of Questions That I Cant Just Ask The Dr. At A Drop Of The Hat.

Please Pray For Me That The Insurance Will Accept And Approve Me For The Lap Band. I Have Three Co Morbids With Side Effects From Them As Well. I Am Scared To Death.

I Appreciate All Of You, Especially Wendy, For Getting Me Hooked Up. I Want To Personally Congratulate Every One For Your Achievements In Weight Loss. Maybe Soon I Will Be Amungst You.

Everyone Have A Great Weekend!

Anna