Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

StephC's PS journey/I got approved!!

Hey steph.. I am rooting for you ad also reading all your updates hungry eyes because like you my insurance DOES cover "removal of excess skin" I am hoping for a 2009 surgery... I find myself standing in front of my mirror pulling on my belly to see what I might look like with it cut off!

As of yet, I am too chicken to shedule a consult (as I am still 190lbs)

Thanks Tracy! I've been doing the same thing in front of the mirror, I think we all have. I have even done it for my dh, sister, mom, neice, dd's and said just think how nice I'd look with out this! LOL no modesty here.

I think that you should start consulting WAY before you are ready for the surgery. I went to my first one last Oct., that was with a different surgeon, but I had also called for a consult with this ps and couldn't get in for the 1st consult until Jan. then he has me coming back these few months so I was really frustrated. And theres the whole 6 week insurance approval time line too. All in all I thought starting back in Oct would have given me plenty of time but now I wish I would have started months earlier.

Thanks Steph................. I actually just called a couple different places neither of the places would believe that my insurance WOULD cover it! LOL.. but I went ahead and made an appointment with one of them....

APRIL 7th! oh crap... I've got to get on the stick and get into the 180's :biggrin: Dairy Queen rehab here I come! Thanks for the encouragement

StephC, I live in Johnstown, Pa. had my band done at Windber. I love it there.

What in the name of the ps your going to? So I know who to see.

Thanks

Hi Jill - do you go to support group? I'm there every month. I went to Dr Borkow in Johnstown, I hear he's really good, even from friends who work at the hospitals. So I feel really confident with him. And - big AND he got me approved. I'm going in for a fill tomorrow at 3:30 - 4:00 before the meeting - hope to see you at group.

Tracy - want to hear a wild one? I just had a phone call from a plastic surgeon I had seen back in Oct. When I had gone in he didn't even want to talk insurance and really discouraged me, said I'd be lucky if the panny got covered. Well when I was having my meltdown and upset that I couldn't get my surgery until next month I called his office and asked how soon they'd be able to get me in, she of course said I'd have to come in for new pics and then it'd be 6 weeks for the insurance to ok it, even tho I've already been approved. Well apparently the PA told him I had called and he called to just "warn" me that insurances don't cover the tt - HA - I said well it must have been an act of God bc I double checked with them and they gave me insurance codes that I was indeed covered for both the panny and the tt. He said well I guess I won't interfer with an act of God. :biggrin:

Crazy world we live in. What does it make you all think of this ps that called me? I'd love your opinions.

Thanks for the info. He is good.

I haven't been to support group in a long time. Now that I've been banded I'm going to try and get there more often. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Jill

I'll be there. I love that more of our support group gets on LBT, makes you feel a little more connected.

Jill were you there tonight? I had to run out right away bc I was meeting my neice to go walking. You have to grab me and say hey I was talking to you on LBT.

I went in to my band dr and got a fill today. I guess that means I'll have to update my signature. He told me that he wants to remove my entire fill before my ps. He said you don't want to risk the chance of vomiting from the anethesia. I said well how will you put it back in, I don't want 2 cc's this week and then next month another couple, and he said a week after I'm out he'll put the full amount back in. So thats cool. I told him I was only losing about 1 lb a month and he said at the stage I'm in thats very normal. I really want to get down another 10 before the tt so I'm going to be working my butt off.

The fill is good, I'm tight tonight. I've been on broth all day and thought I was starved until I ate a few nuts. Wrong. They found the toilet. So I'm sipping hot tea and feel much better now. This fill just might do the trick.

LOL yeah that must be it!

He's doing another lady from my support groups panny - I'm anxious to see how it comes out. I hope he does a good job. I don't know if I mentioned this but the first dr I saw is young, 40's I think, and the one I'm going with is older - I'd guess late 50's early 60's - on the one hand I like the idea of a young dr who's fresh and up on everything, and on the other hand I like the older more experienced dr. What do you guys think?

LOL yeah that must be it!

He's doing another lady from my support groups panny - I'm anxious to see how it comes out. I hope he does a good job. I don't know if I mentioned this but the first dr I saw is young, 40's I think, and the one I'm going with is older - I'd guess late 50's early 60's - on the one hand I like the idea of a young dr who's fresh and up on everything, and on the other hand I like the older more experienced dr. What do you guys think?

well, i found out AFTER my surgery that Dr. P is probably about 71 years old (graduated highschool in 55 i believe, was in the OR observing when Lee Harvey Oswald was shot :thumbup:)... he looks maybe early 50s.

he was FABULOUS... i love the way my scar looks, i love his attitude, everything about him. he is caring and compassionate and just ... wow... i cant stop gushing over him i guess ... :biggrin:

I hope I feel the same after my surgery. I've heard good things about Dr B. but haven't seen his work or any of his patients, I guess I'm the guinea pig for the support group. If I'm happy I guess I'll be throwing alot of business his way. I'm his first bandster, I may have said that before so I'm a little nervous but my band Dr assures me that theres nothing to be nervous about. I just wish they were at the same hospital so they could talk about me (I love being the center of a conversation!)

***quick hi-jack---please forgive!!***

Julie---I couldn't take it, and called insurance, they claim they have yet to receive it, and the Dr.'s office says it has been mailed off for over 10 days---it must just be working its way through their system--------so I still know nothing.......but I can quit letting myself get worked up every day when the mail comes for a few more days!!!

****ok sorry for the interuption!***

Kat