Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you vomit/PB?

How often do you vomit/PB?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you vomit/PB?

• 3+ times daily
    • Daily
    • A few times a week
    • Never

I have a 10 cc band and i am up to 8 cc. I wish i had more restriction like at the beginning. I pb 2-3 times a week. My fault, Not chewing good enough or eating too fast or eating too early. I have to admit I want desperately to have the sweet spot everyone talks about. I got banded 6/5/07. Have not lost 1 lb since dec 07. had another 1/2 cc in jan 08 still no weight loss. I hate to admit it but I am going back next monday for another fill. Honestly, I do not care if I cannot eat, I do not care if I PB daily. I hardly eat now as it is and not even 1 lb since dec. NO WAY. I am going to suck it up and get out of this plateau.

mtnpainter - Of course, I have several questions as I am concerned for you. We have all spent countless hours, I am sure, reading all the postings on this site. I have read time and time again that to be overfilled is a bigger problem than to be underfilled. Actually to keep your metabolism functioning properly requires an intake of calories and a burning off of the calories in the form of exercise.

What does your doctor have to say about your weight loss? Is he/she concerned about how rapidly you are filling your band, and that you only have 2 cc left before it is completely filled?

Have you seen a nutritionist? I know we are all strapped for time. I so get that - I work full-time, have 3 kids, the dog, etc...., but this is the ONE thing I have done for myself. If the band, as a tool, is not working for you, or as you would like it, I would definitely seek advice.

Are you exercising? Walking has equal value to jogging in the long run. You run or jog the same distance, one just takes longer than the other. It's also easier on the joints. How about bike riding? As the weather warms up, it should be great to be outside!

You sound so discouraged. You need something, some change, to give you a boost. I am only concerned for you (not preaching) and I hope you find the solution that is right for you. Don't give up! K

Being too tight does NOT always equal weight loss. It could equal band slipping, tho'.

your words were "I hardly eat now". so how is being tighter going to help?

If you are so tight that you cannot eat solid food, it's hard to lose weight, you're actually working against the band.

You should be able to eat a small amount of solid food, that will stay in your pouch.

It might help before you see the Dr. to write down what and how much and what time of the day, you are eating and bring it with you to the Dr. appts. Then they can determine what will work for you.

Does "hardly eating" mean 400 calories or 1200 calories? Are the calories liquid or chicken? that's what they need to know.

Good Luck. I know how frustrating not losing is, but frequent PB's is not good either.

I pb when I eat to fast. At first everything made me spit up...Now I chew slower and try not to drink anything. Drinking makes it worse for me. I hope this is normal.

Its been about 5 months and 3 fills. I haven't vomited yet I guess I am lucky. I would hate that.

this past week Ive had a problem where I have slight pain bc something wont pass thru the band. This lasts for a few hours until finally I have to throw up a pouch full of spit and slime. I both cases a tiny bit of food (once carrots, then a bit hamburger) did come up and I felt relief. Should I have just waited out the pain and avoided 'throwing'?

Was banded 12/20/07. Had 2ccin band during surgery. WEnt for my 1st fill 3/11 & had 2 cc added in my 10 cc band. I hve had PB and/or SLiming and/or vomittig problems since my fill! The first few times, I blamed myslef, eating too fast, too much, etc. But afterspending Sunday nite in the ER SOOO sick (I posted about it previously, needed IVs antinausea meds, etc. ). I deceided I am going in for a slight unfill on Friday. I know it is not heathy to be eating aprotien shake, 2 tablespoons Soup & pudding & Water all day, any more casues discomfort & throwing up. I also realize I will not loose weight this way either, my loose has slowed considerably since the fill. So, it will be a little unfill for me to get myself back on track! I am looking at this not as a falure or slowing the process...it' the healthiest way to approach this. Hope all turns out well with you too!mnilene

weight.png

I almost PB'd for the first time since I was banded in September. My mistake was bread in the A.M. I have found that I cannot tolerate it or pretty much anything in the morning. Just listen to your body.

I still do it once a week. I am trying to get past it myself by being more careful. It is usually me being too fast on some form of Protein. I have even had it happen with brocolli before. I dont think it is ever because I eat too much, only if I eat too fast or don't chew enough.

I am still learning. I think it will get better as my eating habits become more ingrained. Watching tv, looking at the computer or having an interesting conversation with my husband increase the odds of a problem.

I was banded on 2/22. I threw up after surgery due to the meds...but i havent since...Thank God! After my 1st fill I experienced a piece of chicken getting stuck & almost pbing...it hurt like a mother & I was starting to panic. I excused myself to the restroom only to find someone in there. I stood outside the ladies room...praying for the food to pass...finally it did...I do not want to experience that again...I chew chew chew chew..

I PB about once every other week... maybe less. I used to do it every other day or so until I finally quit eating so much. Anyhow, I can so easily and quietly just sneak off to the bathroom and "spit up" as though it's nothing. I find myself doing that before the pain comes on from being stuck. As soon as I know I swallowed too much, I go into the bathroom and spit up. All I have to do is open and bend over. Weird, because as a teen I'd try and make myself throw up and couldn't.

If I PB'd daily, I would say I was either too tight or eating wrong - too fast, too big bites etc. There is no way that I could tolerate that. I PB very very occasionally, and its always user error - taking a gulp of coffee right after eating bread, eating too fast etc.

My last fill was five days ago and I do feel tightness... but it could also be swelling from the band being tightened. I haven't vomited, but when I don't chew well or have too heaping of a spoon (I'm on pureed soft foods for a couple of days) I'll slime... wich is the hardest thing to clean up good gosh!

wow looking at the results i'm surprised, thought it was rare to throw up.. i'm only a week since surgery so i have not experienced this.

there should be another option on the poll for; only a few times. I can't say I've never PB'd, especially right after a fill until I learned better. However, it's certainly not a few times per week. If anything near that often, it sounds like you need to take some action or do something differently. I hope I don't ever accept pb'ing daily...