Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Getting my lapband tomorrow morning.

CONGRATS!!!!!:smile2:

my 1 year bandiversary is coming up April 21st.

i'm still having problems with my band and acid reflux. i'm about ready to throw in the towel and just be happy with the 40 pounds i have lost and move on with my life. maybe i wasn't meant to lose more than that?

i think i'm filled with 4cc in a 10cc band. each time i try to get .5cc added my acid reflux gets so bad i throw up almost every meal and sometimes in my sleep.< /p>

my surgeon now thinks i may have a hiatal hernia that has happened after the surgery and that's why the reflux is so bad. i go see him this saturday... a fun 4 hour drive there and a fun 4 hour drive back home.

Hi Kalipso! I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. 40 pounds is awesome! While it may not be where you envisioned yourself in one years time, it's still an incredible feat. I hate to see you say "throw in the towel." You should be proud of your accomplishment. I know it's easier said than done, just trying to cheer you up!!

I noticed your BMI is coming down closer to the normal range. I just hate the word normal - I wish they would use typical - but I digress:smile: Do you know what your excess weight percentage was when you started? I wonder if 40 pounds is close to 50% of your excess weight. A lot of doctor's say that is a reasonable amount of weight to lose. Of course, we all hope for more. I think the weight will continue to come off for you, it just may slow down quite a bit. When I discouraged, I try to to hit myself emotionally instead of logically. If one year from now, on your 2nd bandiversary, you were closer to your ultimate goal weight, would you be satisfied with that? Again, easier said than done, but worth thinking about.

Hopefully if you do have a hernia, your weight loss will pick up after you get it fixed. No fun making that long journey, I'm sure. I hope you feel better soon, both physically and emotionally. Your journey hasn't been easy, but you've kept after it. That's something to be proud of!

It's April 1st and we are all going to Celebrate our bandiversary!!! April 18th is my day. I can't believe it has been a year since I made the choice that has changed my life. and even though I have not reached my goal yet I am so stinkin happy with myself!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tyme! I'm sorry - I missed your post when I did my mile long response to everybody yesterday:frown:

Congrats on your awesome year! You've done a great job. I love your photo, by the way.

Wow there's alot going on here! I have my anniversary on the 23rd so I have a bit to go. I only lost 3 pounds last month but that is ok. I would like to have 5 this month but if I can even manage 3 again I will be ok. I won't be estatic but atleast it's not going in the wrong direction.

If you're on Facebook you're welcome to add me

Surveyshere@gmail.com

Brandy Whine

Hi Kalipso! I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. 40 pounds is awesome! While it may not be where you envisioned yourself in one years time, it's still an incredible feat. I hate to see you say "throw in the towel." You should be proud of your accomplishment. I know it's easier said than done, just trying to cheer you up!!

I noticed your BMI is coming down closer to the normal range. I just hate the word normal - I wish they would use typical - but I digress:smile: Do you know what your excess weight percentage was when you started? I wonder if 40 pounds is close to 50% of your excess weight. A lot of doctor's say that is a reasonable amount of weight to lose. Of course, we all hope for more. I think the weight will continue to come off for you, it just may slow down quite a bit. When I discouraged, I try to to hit myself emotionally instead of logically. If one year from now, on your 2nd bandiversary, you were closer to your ultimate goal weight, would you be satisfied with that? Again, easier said than done, but worth thinking about.

Hopefully if you do have a hernia, your weight loss will pick up after you get it fixed. No fun making that long journey, I'm sure. I hope you feel better soon, both physically and emotionally. Your journey hasn't been easy, but you've kept after it. That's something to be proud of!

hi there! thanks for the response.

don't get me wrong... i'm HAPPY with my 40 pound weight loss! if i never lost another pound i'd be satisfied. i fit into a size 10 and i never thought i'd be able to get there. my weight has been consistant these past 6 months... no gaining!

the last time i saw my surgeon we talked about my weight loss and i think we determined that i've lost between 55-60% of my weight. i should be estatic about that but i'm not. my personal goal was to lose 100% of the weight.

i want to get my BMI into the "normal" range. i don't want to be "over-weight". i want to be the size i was in my early 20's before i started gaining.

i have to learn how to be more patient i guess... since i'm told that it could take up to 3 years to lose the weight. my surgeon said since i didn't have as much weight to lose as a lot of people it would be harder for me but i had no idea it would be THIS hard.

i never planned for the complications i've had. i'm happy with myself right now but i want to LOVE myself. does that make sense? does that sound too selfish?

Hi All ~

Someone asked about Salmon - yummy! We buy the fillets from the seafood case and then bring them hope - get a non stick sheet of aluminum foil - coat some olive oil on the inside of the sheet - lay the fish down - brush the fish with olive oil - wrap it up - put it on the bbq for 6-7 min each side and when it is ready - it is absolutely fabulous!! Close to restaurant style and much cheaper!! Before the band I NEVER bothered with fish - but I am telling you if you try it you will like it - and a great thing is - no mess! Just throw the foil away!!

I am happy to say that the Zantac is still working great. I didn't have much of an appetitie for two days and didn't bother to take it - and had very little reflux symptoms. Thank God - that is definitely no fun!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Today is my bandaversary!!! One year ago today I changed my life. It has not always been easy in fact sometimes it has been pretty darn hard! But I have to say it has been well worth every minute of it!! Happy Bandaversary to all of you too!!

It's fun to see everyone's recap of the year! Congratulations everyone!

I'm going to get another fill. I just don't feel a darn thing and I'm hungry all the time still. That is the part I hate the most. If the hunger is under control, I can control the rest. Oh well....hopefully this will help.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~C

My 1 year bandaversary is this Friday the 10th [Good Friday :)] and I'm totally pleased! Started at 265 (November 2007) and now sitting at 139! Last fill was back in October 2008. Exercise daily and well balanced meals is the key! Down 126 pounds and maintaining with ease :)! Good luck to all! :thumbup:

-Dawn (Minnesota)

Hi Colorado Girl- ONE of the days, I'm going to be able to say YES to sending 16/18. Not yet, but one of these days!

HI Cubs,

I've been off for a few days (TOO MUCH WORK) but it sounds like you're getting good advice. You're in this for the long haul and the few pounds you'll possibly gain getting your levels back up will make a big difference in the long run. Like Brandy, I eat a lot of fish. My band has been so tight I'm barely off mushies this time around but I drink my Protein Shakes and chew my Vitamins and try to get fish down, even if I have to chop it up fine and put it in Soup. I tried salmon burgers with egg (more protein), a little soy sauce and green onion in it. I couldn't get it down but crumbled into split pea soup, it was yummy and very nutritious. I also TRY to drink a glass of lactose free milk every day as well for the Vitamin D and the Calcium.< /p>

Take good care of yourself. The band sure is no panacea, is it?

Edited by gdf18

Happy Bandiversary to all who are a year this week! I'm later in the month.

Cubs- how are you doing?

Carol- I'm on the other end right now. Very hard to get anything down. The surgeon warned me it was tight fill, but I needed to break through a long plateau. He said I'd have a rough couple of weeks, but now I'm into week 4. Good news is I'm down about 11 since the fill, but it's frustrating cause I can't eat and if I get anything stuck (often), I'm sliming and vomiting and then I really get sore and can't eat and stick to liquids for the rest of the day. I'm sticking with it for now-I'll see him on the 21st. I'm basically eating mushies. HOLD ON and remember how lousy you felt...now it 's all gonna be good!

NUMB- glad the Zantac is working. I use it when I take advil which is daily. It's an old trick for not letting aspirin, advil etc eat your stomach.You can also get reflux when you eat too much and it can't get through and backs up into the your esophagus. I have that when I'm tight (like now). I've suffered from GERD for years and take Protonix daily. Maybe I'll get off it eventually, but it's so bad that I'm afraid to try to stop. If the Zantac is expensive for you....and you have a decent med policy that has a drug plan- get the doctor to write you scrip for pharm dose of rantididine- the generic for Zantac- I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong. That's 300mg. If you take 150 you can just cut in halr; 75 quarters, etc. Can save you lots of money.

If I'm forgetting anyone or missed a post, please forgive me. I'm getting ready for Passover and work is insane and so am I!!

Edited by gdf18

Today is my bandaversary!!! One year ago today I changed my life. It has not always been easy in fact sometimes it has been pretty darn hard! But I have to say it has been well worth every minute of it!! Happy Bandaversary to all of you too!!

Happy Bandiversary!!!!!!:smile2: