Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hello everyone...I am being banded on April 10th. I am so excited! Seems like it's been forever to get to the countdown, but I think it'll be here before we know it!

Anyone else scheduled in April? We need to come up with a group name!

Carol

I am scheduled for April 11th. I cant believe how slow the days are going since I got my date!! Usually time just flies & now it feels like its crawling at a snails pace!!! I cant wait!!

Hello!

Congrats to you both (and everyone!) on your decision, your commmitment to your health, and your sugery dates!

I don't have an actual date yet, but I have my first appt. with my surgeon on March 11th, and was told patients with my insurance usually are banded within a month of that appt. So I am guessing April! Yay!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and share this awesome journey with you! We're on our way!!:thumbup:

Jen

Hi again! I thought it was going to take forever, and honestly was a little miffed that I didn't get a surgery date sooner (got approved in January). BUT---There is a benefit to this...I get to take it all in, absorb the information. I have time to plan, time to prepare my mind for the big changes. I also get to have a little head start. I've been reading recipes, exercising and dreaming a whole lot about my new clothes! Just think of all the life so many of us are not living because of our weight. What a gift we are getting.

But I know what you mean by "snail's pace". I guess we can be patient together! :thumbup:

~Carol

I am scheduled for April 25. I am hoping to maybe do it sooner in April, but I am self pay and need to actually have the money before the surgery.

I'm scheduled for April 4th with Dr. Brengman in Richmond, VA. Starting to get a little nervous about it. I, too, had a problem with getting denied by the insurance company. That was two years ago when I had different insurance. This time, I was mentally prepared to be denied, so I worried and fretted and all I cared about was getting the approval. Now that I have approval...and a date...I'm starting to get a little freaked out. I stood in my kitchen the other day and just stared at a 1/2 cup measuring cup for about 20 minutes. I can't imagine never eating more than that for the rest of my life. I know that this surgery is a good decision and I know that I won't ever permanently lose weight without it. Just wondering if anyone else has had these kind of feelings? Thanks.

Kim

I am scheduled for April 4 in Reston Virginia. I am excited and a little scared! I have the same feeling you do magic1127!

Hi all, I am reponding to roll call for April. The 1st is my date. I am a self pay going to Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Rumbout. I am really excieted.

Welcome! Welcome!

We need to come up with a catchy group name! Does anyone have any ideas? (ie, Marchies for March, etc)

Well, I have an idea for our group name. April's birthstone is diamond so I was thinking about "Diamonds in the Rough"? Just a thought.

I am being banded on April 3rd. I am self pay and am going to Mexico. Dr. Ariel Ortiz is going to be doing my surgery. I also have two friends going at the same time to be done. We are very excited and patiently waiting. Only one month from today! Getting ready to start my preop diet so hope that all goes well. Good luck to all April bandsters!

Gina :drool:

That is a good one. April's flower is the Daisy or the Sweet Pea.

The holidays are April Fools Day, Easter, Earth Day, Arbor Day, National Poetry Month....

How about April Avengers? My son came up w/ that since we are avenging being fat.

Makes us sound like superhero fat fighters I think...lol