Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

:smile2:

Ok so I have been a bit bummed I am in a plateau from hell. Small pity party so please excuse me for a moment. :tongue2:

I have lost 1 yes just 1 pound since september 25th. Kind of depressing.

My next appt is not until January 5th.

I am following all the bandster rules. And Exersizing.

But there has been one BIG Bright light in it all even though I have not lost more then 1lb In a little over a month but I am down to a size 14 jeans. So I guess I am just building muscle and lossing fat. Ok so the scale is not moving but the sizes are.

So i guess I will just hang in there and maybe tthe darn scale will start to move again.

Thanks for letting me rant. :wink5: You all are just great.

Trish

Hi Trish

I was banded about the same time (3/12) and weighed about the same (244) I too have had some long days without losing a thing and am at a plateau. I went to buy an outfit for a formal gala on Saturday and couldn't believe nothing fit because it was too BIG!!! I've gone from a 18W down to a 14W and its loose....so hang in there I hear ya...I exercise regularly and eat about 1000-1200 calories a day....I'm still better off than I was this time last year. I have 6.5 cc in my 10 cc band also....not sure if I'm at my sweet spot yet.....

Hello everyone... I know long time.. I'm such a lurker. The weight is slowly coming off for me too. I'm trying to be patient but with all the walking I do at work it should be coming off much faster! Oh well at least it's not going up.. right?

Im not sure I like the new look here at LBT. :thumbup:

Change is hard.:rolleyes2:

Yes, big change in the look and feel of LapbandTalk -- I have noticed they are dedicating more and more space to advertising of all kinds and that is a little frustrating to me but I guess since its a free forum for us as users, and it has been a blessing to me, I will tolerate it. I have no intention of buying anything from their advertisers though so I skip right on by and just focus on the part of the screen where the real forum goodies are -- the posts and encouragement from my fellow bandsters. Thanks gang!

I like the new look. I don't like all the advertising, but I'll take it if it means LBT remains free to me. I really would be lost without the support of you guys who have been through it all with me.

I've been in a bit of a rut. I have not had a fill since my unfill and have very, very little restriction, but when my stomach is acting up I get very restricted. I spoke to my surgeon's office about the pain and burning and they have suggested eating very bland foods and staying away from all caffiene (since that's what really aggrivates it).

I think I made things really bad. When I cut down on my eating I started drinking more coffee....maybe up to 4 cups a day. My tummy could not handle it. chocolate really hurts too, so I have not had Halloween troubles with candy. Mentally I am frustrated. I need to find a new outlet for the feelings I used to hide from with food. Wish i could afford some behavior modification therapy, but not right now.

My new job is way, way, way too stressful. I'm thinking about going back to my old job. Thankfully my old boss will take me back in a heart-beat and is holding off on replacing me since she knows I am not happy with my transition. I need to decide by this Thursday.

I've been battling a cold since last weekend. My 2 yr old has an ear infection and my 4 yr old has a sius infection....leading both to very bad temperments.

My husband is working in Miami, but last week he was home and he finally went to the doctor about the mass he found in his breast in June. He's seeing a breast surgeon on Friday to have a biopsy. I really hope it's just a lipoma....they could not see it on the mamogram, but it's a well circuscribed mass on the sonogram. Due to it's size it has to be removed if it's cancer or not....hopefully it's not. His mother is still in a vegatative state in California. She's now in a nursing home there is nothing that can be done for her. Sad to see her just laying there.

Anyway, thanks for reading this if you've made it this far. I'm in this funk you see and needed to post just to get some of this stuff out there. Thanks!

Christine

Wow Christine... sounds like you have an unbelievable amount of stress going on. I am sorry to hear your new job isn't what you want it to be. That is so stressful to change jobs, glad to hear you have the option to go back to the old job. Good luck with your decision. As for your family including your husband and your mother in-law I will keep them in my prayers.

Take care of yourself... we are here if you need us!:eek:

Christine -- just know we are here for you! I can't tell you all how much it has meant to me to be able to share this journey with you also. My family and friends really can't relate because they've never tried to lose weight to the amount I need to so they don't know what its like to commit to maybe 2 years of weight loss effort with dedication - they think dieting a few weeks is tough! Try our shoes on!

I too had a particularly stressful week actually month but I'm hoping I'm over the hump and I have actually crossed the -70 lbs lost mark so I'm really happy about that. In my case not married and no kids, just job stress, worrying about keeping my own finances and things afloat, my greatest stress is my mother who is 80 years old and can give me a guilt trip faster than a lightning strike if things don't go her way. Before I know I've done something she didn't like, or forgot something she said I promised (which I probably didn't promise but said Maybe we can....) she goes on a sulking period. Ugh! I finally brought out my need for emotional support to my ladies Bible study group and asked them to pray and things have turned around this week. I'm getting ready to head out and spend the day with her today so say a prayer for emotional healing for me and my family when you raise up prayers for you and your family.

God Bless to all you Shrinking Shamrocks.

Wow some of you shamrocks have really hit some foul weather. Im so sorry you all are feeling so bad. :blink:

Please remember we are here to hear you out. So rant to your hearts desire.

Wow, I haven't been out here for a little over a week and log in and find a totally new look. I think I like it, but I'm having to search for everything, but think I just need to adjust.

I'm so excited, I hit Onderland yesterday. To Celebrate I went out and bought a new pair of jeans and a new winter coat. I was very very surprised to find that I am now fitting into a size 16. I had no idea what size I was going to be in since I have been wearing a size 22 jeans for the last month or so and they were falling off of me. I thought maybe a size 18 but I never dreamed a 16. Anyway, I just had to come and tell everyone that I'm so happy!!

Congratulations Terri! I can't wait to join you in Onederland!

It's nice to get a shopping surprise. I just went and bought new scrubs for work and bought a size L pants....I can't believe I am in a size L! Before a 3XL was getting tight.

Christine

Congratulations on the clothing sizes victories. I'm a "former 3XL and even 4X" lady too so now buying 2X and 22/24 things is a reward for me. Can't wait until I get down to the first item I can buy that isn't including the X in it!

Christine I am sorry to hear about all the stresses in your life. I know stress can really play havoc with our bands too. I will add you to my prayers. Also I want to congratulate Teri on your making it to Onederland. That is great news and a size 16.........Oh I cannot wait. Keep up the good work.....

So excited to be at 220! I have not been below the 220's in about 20 years! The scale had not moved in a long, long time, but now that it's finally on the move again it's easier to find the motivation to keep going.

This board has gotten so quiet. Does it mean everyone is doing so well there is not much to post about or does it mean there are struggles going on? I hope everyone is doing well. Post an update if you can.

Christine

Christine, my excuse for not posting is there are struggles going on and I have gone nowhere in the past few months, my own fault. I have discovered what an emotional eater I am and how easy it has been to fall back into old ways. I am currently in my last month (hopfully) of college and have 2 out of 3 classes that are kicking my butt. 1 is a math class, (I am too old for math) and 1 class requires a 60 page research paper. I am stressed.....so I eat an Oreo cookie or 2..several times a day. Then work gets crazy and I eat Pasta. My husband's health issues flair up and I sit in the waiting room snacking on items from the fast food restraunts in the hospital. Currently I am at 223 and holding, but not losing. I keep saying I am going to get back onto the band wagon after graduation/Thanksgiving/Christmas, and that is my plan. Right now I am just trying not to wake up in the morning and start grazing. I will get a rein on this but I hope I do before I do damage to my band, she has been very forgiving with me so far but I know that won't last forever.

Christine, my excuse for not posting is there are struggles going on and I have gone nowhere in the past few months, my own fault. I have discovered what an emotional eater I am and how easy it has been to fall back into old ways. I am currently in my last month (hopfully) of college and have 2 out of 3 classes that are kicking my butt. 1 is a math class, (I am too old for math) and 1 class requires a 60 page research paper. I am stressed.....so I eat an Oreo cookie or 2..several times a day. Then work gets crazy and I eat Pasta. My husband's health issues flair up and I sit in the waiting room snacking on items from the fast food restraunts in the hospital. Currently I am at 223 and holding, but not losing. I keep saying I am going to get back onto the band wagon after graduation/Thanksgiving/Christmas, and that is my plan. Right now I am just trying not to wake up in the morning and start grazing. I will get a rein on this but I hope I do before I do damage to my band, she has been very forgiving with me so far but I know that won't last forever.

congratulations on college, it sure is a great feeling to be getting near completion. I did the same a few years back, Finally got that bachelor degree, did it for myself..

Alot of stress for many of us - I too am an emotional eater, and stress is a killer. All I did yesterday was eat what I wanted, and too much of it, ended up pbing a few times..stress is as home not at work, so am okay now here at work..just hoping the stuff at home get resolved soon.