Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Good Lord! After all these years of mocking Parrotheads, I discover that a Buffet concert can compete with a Girls Gone Wild video! Sign me up for the next go-round!

So, yeah, inflated a bit (I have a date tonight, so I negotiated with Gaspar for a not-too-big next step up in inflation), on liquids, feeling OK. Although I don't know what that means - I've not tried anything solid, but it was only another 1.5 cc, for a total of 4cc in a 14 cc band. But we shall see! Since my office is literally right next door to my surgeon's (seriously: I take the elevator down, walk to the next door, take the elevator up), it's easy for me to pop by for adjustments.

So, yes: we shall see!

Yesterday was the first time I'd seen Gaspar's dictum "hunger is not an emergency" dictum, Christine. I think it's a good point to make to bandsters, where the initial expectation is that the band is like a light switch - you get one, BANG, you lose weight!

Good new and bad news I went for a bike ride yesterday. First time in I'd say 30 years. I bought a bike on the clearence rack at wal mart last week. I was able to ride for 2.5 miles and I thought I was doing pretty good. Well then it was time to stop, so I hit the brakes a little too hard and fast put my foot down to catch myself and my legs turned into rubber and me and the bike was laying along the side of the road, was a back road so my hubby is the only one that saw. So I sat there for a minute laughing at myself still not knowing why I fell off and when I went to get up my legs were still rubber and I had a really hard time walking for a while.

Good new and bad news I went for a bike ride yesterday. First time in I'd say 30 years. I bought a bike on the clearence rack at wal mart last week. I was able to ride for 2.5 miles and I thought I was doing pretty good. Well then it was time to stop, so I hit the brakes a little too hard and fast put my foot down to catch myself and my legs turned into rubber and me and the bike was laying along the side of the road, was a back road so my hubby is the only one that saw. So I sat there for a minute laughing at myself still not knowing why I fell off and when I went to get up my legs were still rubber and I had a really hard time walking for a while.

Laughing WITH you, not at you!

BUT YOU DID IT.......it will get easier each time and the mishap will be a distant (funny) memory!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harley, looks like you had a great trip! The four pound loss is a wonderful bonus! Congrats on doing so well!

Rhonda, so cool that you went for a bike ride. I feel so much more comfortable now that I have lost a bit of weight. I just go for leisure rides with the kids, but it just is so much easier less 60 pounds.

Christine

Edited by nycm00

No bike riding for me yet. Still getting physical therapy for my knee. It has been ages since I have riden a bicycle. I may need to get one so I can ride with my grandson next Summer.

Went to Dr tuesday. No fill, but I was not expecting one. Still able to get in about 1/2 cup at a meal so feel pretty good. Little weight loss though. Probably the "muscle" I am buildiong up from my PT>>

Hi Everyone—

I’ve been off line for several days because of job-related travel and intensive training. I’m home only for a few days and then off to Philly. I haven’t been able to weigh myself but the restriction has been great. Like Lynn---I’m can only get about a quarter to half cup in. I STILL am NOT getting very much exercise! I’m very frustrated but I just can’t get away from work!! I go until either it’s time to go to bed or until I’m too tired to move! I’m hoping things will get better by mid Nov.

Tess—yes it DOES sound you are getting fills with a fluoroscope?? I say that because you said that he watches the Fluid go down. If so –that’s why your MD can be more aggressive with your fills. If they aren’t using x-ray they have to go slower with more frequent fills. I don’t know what the yearly limit is on that method but I know Dr. Ortiz has a book and he discusses the guidelines for fluoroscope assisted fills in it.

JulieC---that’s great! Come talk to us more!!!!

Hi Fenton. Hang in there! Many of us are reaching a sweet spot and it does make a huge difference in desire for food. If you get those fills – last suppers just won’t call.

Had to reschedule my fill because I am taking a new job and won't be in Manhattan very often. The next available was Nov 25! Yikes! I will be calling on my days off to see if they get a cancellation, but if not, I guess I really need to take control of the situation.

I think I was in starvation mode for about 3 weeks before my unfill and now my body is just holdingonto everything it gets. I'm going to do an Atkins induction just to jump start things and see if that helps.

Christine

Hi Everyone—

I’ve been off line for several days because of job-related travel and intensive training. I’m home only for a few days and then off to Philly. I haven’t been able to weigh myself but the restriction has been great. Like Lynn---I’m can only get about a quarter to half cup in. I STILL am NOT getting very much exercise! I’m very frustrated but I just can’t get away from work!! I go until either it’s time to go to bed or until I’m too tired to move! I’m hoping things will get better by mid Nov.

Tess—yes it DOES sound you are getting fills with a fluoroscope?? I say that because you said that he watches the Fluid go down. If so –that’s why your MD can be more aggressive with your fills. If they aren’t using x-ray they have to go slower with more frequent fills. I don’t know what the yearly limit is on that method but I know Dr. Ortiz has a book and he discusses the guidelines for fluoroscope assisted fills in it.

JulieC---that’s great! Come talk to us more!!!!

Hi Fenton. Hang in there! Many of us are reaching a sweet spot and it does make a huge difference in desire for food. If you get those fills – last suppers just won’t call.

If you will be in Philly, you are in my backyard. RU coming for business or the World Series games this weekend!!

If you have time there is plenty of places to walk in PHILLY. Have a great time, whether for business or pleasure

Only my first fill was with fluoroscopy. The other was in the office. I could tell when the Water was moving and as I told him he made the adjustments. Until I could only sip on Water and wait for it to go down.

I've had a pretty good week. Staying on track. We don't have any Halloween candy in the house yet... so I am being pretty good. I am just a little worried about when the candy gets here. I haven't meant a piece of chocolate that I don't like!!!!

Is anyone else having the issues I am having with my poor stomach? I don't know what to do. On Thursday I felt fine, no problem eating anything, nothing got stuck, no PB< no slime....nada. Then out of no where yesterday morning I woke to a horrible burning stomach. Not heart-burn...in the lower chest, but a burning in my stomach. I had some oatmeal which helped once (I am assuming) it was past the pouch. I assume this because I felt no relief until about an hour after I ate.

Withing another hour I had the burning again. I am not a wimp, but this has me hunched over and looking for comfort. I had this one time before being banded and they told me I had gastritis. Since being banded it happens often. Usually a day here or there, but there have been a couple of times where it has been weeks on end.

My GP is not band friendly, have to find a new GP that is close to home and band friendly. If I go to a GI person do I ask upfront b4 scheduling if they have dealt with pt's with the band?

So tired of this. Discouraged. Band is not too tight because I have no reflux issues at all since my unfill and the only PB's happen on days I have the pain...I'm assuming due to inflammation. Frusrated.

Christine

((((Christine)))))

Have you talked to your surgeon's office?

Do they have an RN or a case manager that you could discuss the symptoms with?

That just sounds miserable......so sorry you're going through this.

Hope you're able to find some relief SOON!

Hello everyone!

Congrats on the 50 pound loss. I think that is awesome. I carried a 35 container of cat litter the other day. Holy cow! I can't imagine lugging 50 pounds around, but I guess I am doing more than that now!

I've started a new job and am loving it. But, I can't get online from there. I have been so busy that I haven't been online. The Halloween candy got me a little bit. I guess like others I don't show up when I am going down the wrong path! Anyway, after last weekend's binge, I am back to the weight I was. I'm glad it took only a week to get the weight down. I honestly think that a lot of it is Water weight because I eat salty stuff and then am incredible thirsty, so I drink tons of Water.< /p>

Anyone know the deal with soda? Are we ever allowed to have it? I try not to use it, but sometimes there are no other choices.

My doc says no carbonation.....ever. I'm sticking with that. I do miss my Diet Coke, but I'll survive.....better for me anyway. I've heard several different reasons why, but "because I said so" is good enough for me.....paid a lot of money for this, so I'll just follow what the doc tells me................most of the time.