Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Today I went into a craft store that I go in pretty often and one of the workers came up to me and asked if i had a sister. I looked at her sort of strange and then she said or have you lost a lot of weight. I told her I have lost 130 pounds.

I also went to check out curves today I go back tomorrow for a trial run. I think I'm going to join. I can join for 2 months for $99. They do have cheaper rates but I want to make sure I'm going to like it before i commit for longer than that. I have been walking about 4-5 evenings a week but now its cold and raining and snowing so need to think of more options.

FINALLY. I'm sorry everyone's lives have been stressful - really, I think it's been a rough year for a lot of us. I'd bet that most - if not ALL - of us are emotional eaters, and that's a hard thing to beat. Amanda's life coach sounds like he/she'll pay off very well; learning to catch those behaviours before giving in to them seems to be the trick.

Motivation is a hard thing to sustain over a long run, isn't it? Sometimes a little bit of success can be the enemy of total triumph...

Fenton, our entire society revolves around food. We meet with food, we socialize with food, we Celebrate with food....WE bring it to another level and comfort ourselves with food. I think the french may have something with the meds PR.....maybe if we put our food there we would eat less :thumbup:.....

I think approaching our 6month anniversary a few months ago brought us to a whole other level. We are learning how to work around the band. We do what is easier, and eating a piece of chicken is NOT easy...it takes time and effort. Of course we're going to go the easier route....but I don't think that is the point (at least I'm finding that out) I've been at a standstill with my weight and have put on 2 lbs....am I eating a lot....NO but making bad choices because its easiedr.....hey ice cream has Protein in it....easier to get down,yogurt has protein....easier to get down.....yadayadayadayadayada....we all know this....but need to constantly remind ourselves again and again.....I find that I can't eat much in the morning but at the end of the day....boy I can eat much much more.....

There is no time limit to this weight loss....we've made a choice, a good choice and we are in the right direction. We will sidetrack through the way...you know why.....we're HUMAN....

After a year and we look back at what we've accomplished....it may not just be weight loss but a real change in our relationship with food....that's what is really important.

sharon:thumbup:

First of all... Ronda OMG!!!! You are doing fantastic!! I am so happy for you!!! You will be at goal before you know it!!!!

Fenton- Glad to hear from you, even if it was the threat of the group of bandsters coming after you!!!!! LOL! :thumbup:

:iagree:You guys are right... it is so hard to get away from the food socialization thing, unless you want to hold up and be alone!!! My husband and I have that challenge of focusing around eating out together on our days off together. I had been asking to go for a walk instead, but he's not much of an exerciser, and he can eat anything and everything and not gain an ounce. (sucks) And now with the weather getting bad, he won't go to the gym with me either. So, at least I pick where we go, that gives me some control over the situation. But its tough!!!

Jonathan as far as things I eat in a meal:

Tuna or chicken salad on Wasa bread (3oz), cucumber slices

Chicken breast with a cup of frozen veggies or a salad

1/2c Kashi Cereal with 6oz yogurt mixed in it

Healthy choice microwave meals

Deli roasted chicken or turkey breast (lasts several meals) with veggies

I bought an egg poacher that cooks in the microwave, and it works great.

Hope some of these suggestions help.

Rhonda-

highest 315/surgery260/current184/goal 150

Banded 3-17-08.....

I need to get this out..

I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!!!!

I know you have worked hard and everyone is very proud.

I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!!!

You could be a Band poster child.

I looked at what you ate yesterday and it is similar to me.

B: Pure Protein bar. 28g Protein

L: lentil Soup (probably same protein/cals as your lunch)

D: 1/2 chicken breast, flat bread with pesto smear

Snack: apple

I get 900 to 1200 cals a day. I work out, swim, run.

I CAN'T BREAK INTO FREAKING ONERLAND!!!

ME

highest 284/surgery254/current210/goal 160

Banded 3-4-08....

:thumbup: :mad2::thumbup::mad2::thumbup::mad2::w00t::mad2::w00t::mad2::lol::mad2::angry::mad2::angry::mad2::angry::mad2::angry::mad2::angry::mad2::angry:

Oh ya, Welcome back Jonathan.

Food Choices

breakfast - usually a Protein Bar of some sort

morning snack, maybe some fresh fruit

lunch 3 oz meat. and veggies if I can get them in

snack Protein drink

dinner - 3 oz of meat, maybe veggies

Hard for me to get in the veggies these days, My restriction seems to be at a good point right now. I just concentrate on the protein. Meat cannot be too dry or I am PBing..

usually around 1000 calories a day, at the most.

Microwave dishes, like the poacher sound like a great idea..

Fenton - Nice to hear from you

Scrappy - big time congratulations from me too.

Fenton - glad to hear you are back. We always take our own Shrinking Shamrocks "family" back no matter how long the prodigal son has been gone.

For me on food, days vary but I'm around 1200 calories.

Typical for me is

B: cheese stick and/or 80 calorie Dannon FF yogurt.

or 1 packet instant oatmeal with brown sugar Splenda.

L: Lean Cuisine or other brands of microwaveable lean or light entree. I can usually eat most of one of these, sometimes not all.

snack before workouts: Protein bar

D: Varies alot - I usually cook for myself - tonight I'm having homemade chili made with ground turkey.

I like FF cottage cheese with crushed pineapple (own juice).

Snack: Turkey bacon cooked crisp in the microwave - kind of like a beef Jerky like snack.

or

sugar free /FF Jello pudding Snacks or Jello Gelatin.

Like I said it varies but I'm aiming for around 1200 calories and trying to do 300-400 calories worth of exercise at least 4-5 times a week.

What is sad is I find myself agreeing to have dinner with someone and I am not even hungry. It is a habit I need to break.

Meals for today:

Breakfast was a scoop of PB and a cup of Fiber One yogart.

lunch was a 42 gram Protein Drink

Dinner was a cup of homemade veg/beef w/ 4 wheat crackers.

:thumbdown:

Edited by Busy
spelling

Wow! What happened to everyone???

Thanks for all the descriptions of what you guys are eating - anyone else, please feel free to share your menus!

How manageable are the frozen dinners? Because that's the sort of convenience that I like.

I went back on to solids today after my fill on Wednesday - and onto far more solids than I'd like. My friend took me to lunch at this hypertrendy (at least in the food world) restaurant where everyone gets the same lunch menu - all 17 courses. I ate everything - or, rather, I ate every course, but many of them I didn't finish. And it was yummy. I was worried at a couple of points - first that I hadn't chewed the damn raw oyster enough to get it down, and the same with the fairly rare lamb.

I didn't like having to go (and yes, I HAD to go - the reservation was a tough one to get, and I haven't seen her for a long time and she feels neglected) to such an elaborate first real meal after the filling, but it was manageable. The meal lasted just under 3 1/2 hours, btw, and hunger is only just now beginning to return.

I'm here...I have been playing with my new cell phone, I just love any new electronic item!!!! I think I have an addiction as bad as food sometimes! LOL!!!

Jonathan...

If I lived in NYC, I would be wanting to go to the broadway shows!!!! Less calories!!!!

Living life with the band is a HUGE change for us. I too use to enjoy going out to eat. I loved someone else coking for me, trying new things...desert! Not drinking and eating at the same time changes the social side of it for me quite a bit. If I have a drink before my meal, I can't eat, so it's Water to sip for me. When eating out I do try to stick with safe foods....because often I worry that I won't pay attention to how well I am chewing because I am socializing. Forget the desert...there is no room. Often 3/4 of the meal is left on the plate (taken home to eat for a few days after). It's a change, but I need this, I chose this, I could not do it on my own.

Fenton, you were well informed before surgery what the "after-life" with a band would entail. All the sacrifices are worth it. Once you have restriction, you will still enjoy food, but it will be different. Much smaller quantities.

Rhonda.....You are amazing! Congratulations on your amazing progress!

Christine

I'm wearing my puzzled face, Christine - did my post read as if I'd lost my love for food or hadn't understood the ramifications of having a piece of plastic cinched around my stomach? If so, NO! I knew well and good that things would have to change, and now's the time that I'm going to learn how to adjust my passion to my limitations. But that's not going to change things too much. I love steak, for example, but can do without it.

And it was good in another way, too - I left the table after 18 courses and I didn't feel revoltingly full. Definite food high, though, just no food coma.

I still haven't eaten - or been hungry, actually - since. I'm drinking an Apple Melon Isopure (40 g Protein, 180 or so cals), and grimacing down my Fibersure (determined to avoid the stoppages that come with dramatic decrease in intake!).

I've been having a stressful time recently, getting far too little sleep - time to exile the cats from the ole sleep chamber again. But today I got up early and did yoga before going to work. Only 20 minutes, but it makes a difference.

I'm back to walking to and from work; I'm going to try to aim for 4 miles a day, and will definitely not accept 3.

I actually have a new motivation: I've met someone interesting online, and I expect we're going to meet sooner or later. And I want to be at my very cutest when we do, so... Voila! Motivation!

I have no idea how things will go if/when, but the possibility of it being *something* is a gift. And actually, the threat of meeting someone I've known online has worked as a motivation before, just this time around I have a little help.

I weigh in tomorrow for the first time in a while. I'm kind of scared to see how much damage my lapse has caused. But whatever I've gained, whatever I've done to myself, I'll own it, and carry on with the process.

Ronda shall be my inspiration!