Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi all, it's been a while! And boy do I have some catching up to do.

I am just returning from a long week and a half in Massachusetts.. After a long winter and 2 harsh respiratory diagnosis of Pulmonary Fibrosis and Alpha One Protein Deficiency, my Nana suddenly came down with Staph Pneumonia last Monday. I drove my Mom down to be there for her Mom and family. It was a blessing that my Nana was able to remain alert until her final moments, and share with us that she was comfortable, and unable to fight any longer. She told us "it's time for me to go". My Nana passed away early Sunday morning with her 5 children and 8 of 13 grandchildren by her side. How tragic yet beautiful at the same time... To say the least I have been dealing with a whirl wind of emotions since last week.

As usual the pans of casseroles and sweets came rolling in.. For the last 10 days I have had nothing but bad hospital food and sweets to suppress my hunger.. and emotions. Until now I never thought I was an emotional eater.. Boy did I have myself fooled:(

I got in late last night from Boston to discover I have gained 3lbs, and am no longer in onderland. Ugh.

I have big regrets on how I handled my eating in the past few days, and am trying to get past it so I can move on in the right direction. It is so hard not to beat myself up for it. I just can't seem to let it go.. I just don't know where to start. This morning I wanted to start out fresh, and get back on track. I can't believe how hard it is?!

I am not going to move my ticker up 3lbs, as it breaks my heart to do so. Hopefully the 198lb on there will be accurate in a few days as I get back into the groove of things.

Thanks all for hearing me out.. What an interesting journey this has become!

~Kerri

Kerri - It must have been such an emotionally tough time for you. But it was so nice that you were able to be there for your family and hopefully have some memories that will become more special as time passes.

food has been such a focus for so long for most of us, it is so hard not to feel guilt or think about how it impacts us. But hopefully, you can look past that to see what impact you had on your grandmother and family over the past few days. The food you ate really won't mean much over the long haul. But having those realizations about why we do eat can help in the journey.

I hope you find something nice to do for yourself!

Kerri -

food has been such a focus for so long for most of us, it is so hard not to feel guilt or think about how it impacts us. But hopefully, you can look past that to see what impact you had on your grandmother and family over the past few days. The food you ate really won't mean much over the long haul. But having those realizations about why we do eat can help in the journey.

What she said!!

It is amazing how must we seem to turn to food when we are in an emotional situation.. I know things were tough and stressful.

I lost my sister suddly and did not get those last days with her and miss that. It is peaceful to know you and your family were gathered around to help each other through the tough times.

Don't beat yourself up about 3#.... Think of it as a little bump.. and imagine w it may have been before banding.....

Yay Texgirl! Fantastic work!

And Rhonda - you've lost 90 lbs, I'm betting the next 26 will just disappear...

Awww, K-Pod! I turned the page to get your news; what a rough time you've had.

What THEY said. Three pounds is nothing, being with your Nana is all that mattered. You can get rid of those pounds in no time - you know what to do. The important thing was that you got to say goodbye.

Most - probably all - of us have a similar response to stress. As WCM says, recognizing it is important, and vowing to do better handling it is key.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Nana. I'm with the rest , don't worry about the three pounds it will come off quickly . When I gained 4.5 lbs last month I didn't could bring myself to change my ticker until I lossed it again .

Hi Y'all!

I'm back from Gatlinburg and we had a fantastic time. The weather was beautiful. My in-laws went with us, and my mother-in-law is on dialysis 3 days a week. I was l little nervous taking the show in the road (even being a nurse)... but it worked out great. The dialysis center down there treated her wonderfully and she would like to go back again!!!

I have to confess my sins of home made chocolates, fudge, funnel cake, smores, jumbo jelly Beans... did I mention the chocolate?!?!? :thumbs_down: I am paying for it... the scale went up (UGHHH!!) I made up my mind today is a new day!!!! Back on track, I am being very good even went into the gym today and did my 60 min workout. I know the scale will go the other way again.

Kerri, I am sorry to hear about your Nana, how wonderful that you were able to be there for her and your family. I have always been an emotional eater and I guess my confession of my vacation indiscretions proves that. I ate like a kid in a candy store -- literally.

Let's start anew!!!!! Only looking forward where weightloss is concerned!

Tess

Kerri so sorry to hear about your Nana I understand what your mean by it being tragic and beautiful at the same time. My Mom died as I was at her side it hurt so bad but I was so glad I was with her. As she went I was able to tell her how much I loved her and held her hand as she took her last breaths.

As for the 3 lousy pounds you lost them once and you can do it again.

congratulations!!! Great accomplishments

I think I've finally found my "sweet spot" with this last fill. Cannot eat more than 1/4 cup and am full for hours. It is truly a great feeling. Hope to have better success with greater weight loss. My goal is to be in onederland by the end of August, I think I can do it!!! Fenton looking for that century mark....come on we're counting on you....I'm so proud of everyone!!!

Hi all, it's been a while! And boy do I have some catching up to do.

I am just returning from a long week and a half in Massachusetts.. After a long winter and 2 harsh respiratory diagnosis of Pulmonary Fibrosis and Alpha One Protein Deficiency, my Nana suddenly came down with Staph Pneumonia last Monday. I drove my Mom down to be there for her Mom and family. It was a blessing that my Nana was able to remain alert until her final moments, and share with us that she was comfortable, and unable to fight any longer. She told us "it's time for me to go". My Nana passed away early Sunday morning with her 5 children and 8 of 13 grandchildren by her side. How tragic yet beautiful at the same time... To say the least I have been dealing with a whirl wind of emotions since last week.

As usual the pans of casseroles and sweets came rolling in.. For the last 10 days I have had nothing but bad hospital food and sweets to suppress my hunger.. and emotions. Until now I never thought I was an emotional eater.. Boy did I have myself fooled:(

I got in late last night from Boston to discover I have gained 3lbs, and am no longer in onderland. Ugh.

I have big regrets on how I handled my eating in the past few days, and am trying to get past it so I can move on in the right direction. It is so hard not to beat myself up for it. I just can't seem to let it go.. I just don't know where to start. This morning I wanted to start out fresh, and get back on track. I can't believe how hard it is?!

I am not going to move my ticker up 3lbs, as it breaks my heart to do so. Hopefully the 198lb on there will be accurate in a few days as I get back into the groove of things.

Thanks all for hearing me out.. What an interesting journey this has become!

~Kerri

Kerri so sorry to hear about your Nana...what great memories though you have of her and how wonderful you were able to be with her. Give yourself some space for some bad food choices you may make...this is all a journey for us. I didn't think I was an emotional eater yet when I was laid off I realized I was eating more and wanting things I hadn't eaten in a long tim. We are all learning new ways.

Kerri my condolences to you about the loss of your Nana. The 3 pounds will come off quickly so don't fret. Fenton, I am counting on you to hit the big 100. Sharona how great to hit that illusive "sweet spot". I'm still trying to find it.

Kerri sorry to hear about your Nana. I will keep your family in our prayers.

Tess My DH is a diaylisis nurse in WV. We were in the Gatlinburg area in June, we love it there.

Kerri, we never realize how important they are until we are older and they are gone. I lost my father in 2000 and my mother in 2004 due to them being hit by a semi. My mother lasted longer than my father but the years were not good to her. She also was ready to go, and it hurt to let her go but my feelings are that she is in a better place and I will see them again. As for the 3 lbs, you've lost 100 b4, you will lose 3 again. Your in my thoughts.