Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I'm glad you guys feel that way too because my friend gets irritated with me about it . I'm not looking down on them I just wonder if they know there is help out there if they want it . But you're right it's something they have to work out for themselfs .

I think another thing we respond to is the myth of "the jolly fat person". Obese people, for the most part, get that way because they're desperately unhappy with their lives, and they've learned that food makes them feel better.

For a while, at least...

Jonathan did you notice you have some competition for the century mark?

Rhonda is coming up on you fast.

I weigh myself at my office... Which is reasonable, since the scales at work are verified and certified every year or so.

The dead people scale? eeewww....

You just step onto a platform! What's the big deal?

Go Rhonda! I had an off day yesterday, so you may beat me!

Oh my gosh I almost went the the ER Thursday... I had my fill that day and was only able to get about 8 oz of Water and about 5 bites of Jello in for the entire day. When I went to bed that night.. I had to burp every 3-4 breaths.. air wasn't even going down! I was scared for the morning to come as that is when i tend to be the tightest. I kept thinking I should go to the ER and see if they can take some out. But had no idea if doctors were familiar with what to do. Of course my Dr's office was closed for the holiday and I didn't want to bother anyone in the middle of the night... ( I am great at rationalizing!) So I just kept trying to get some sleep but was up most of the night.. fell asleep around 3am. The next morning I was able to get some Water down, and then later in the morning tried some milk and that went down ok.

But I still can hardly eat anything, I'm definitely in that 2oz zone. So we will see if this loosens up any over the next few weeks. My head still wants to eat more then 2oz... but my stomach is screaming out.. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Fenton I would love to beat you to the 100 pound loss, but I don't see that happening. I think coming in 2nd place would be good too. I actually started dieting last summer. I think 90 pounds in a year is pretty good.

Jencys, Of the 2oz of food you can get in, are you able to eat chicken or meat -- you know, hard Proteins? If you can only do mushy food, my doc would tell you that you're a little too tight. Now that we're past the long weekend, maybe you should call your doc to discuss if maybe a slight unfill is in order.

It's scary when you finally get that real restriction and nothing much goes down. For me, taking out just .2cc made a big difference and gave me the room for fluctuations that happen without the fear of being too tight to swallow anything.

When I was at the gym today I was watching Home Improvement( with Tim Allen )to take my mind off my pain , any way Jill made a chocolate cake and that was all I could think about . I made up my mind that when I went shopping today I was going to get a cake . Well I made my way over to the bakery and trying to decide what I could get with out feeling too guilty about it . Then I spotted it ! A free sample of cake . It wasn't chocolate and it was only a taste but it hit the spot after that my cake craving was gone. I finally found a way to have my cake and eat it too. What a great day !

I finally found a way to have my cake and eat it too. What a great day !

That's too funny.:biggrin:

jencys---wow --- that IS something! Do you mind giving us the stats on your fills and band? How big a band---how many fills did that take---how much saline? I'm having my 2nd fill Thurs and I don't think I will need a lot. I'm a bit worried it will be too much (but I know I need some). It's going to be done with x-ray so I do hope that will prevent them from giving me too little or too much.

I guess I'm officially a bandster now......just had my first PB experience.....it was horrific and I feel like shit right now.

I came home from work and grabbed a handful of dried fruit....eating mindlessly and not paying attention to chewing.....

first....PAIN....OMG...the flaming golf ball I've heard about....then the slime.....lovely, a rabid dog......then rejecting the poorly chewed food......UGH.......I'm just so glad I was home.

I'm still hoarking in up.....such a delicate flower.

Paying a pennance now.....liquids for a day.

OUCH.....throwing away the rest of the dried fruit.....no more for me.

Have I turned into a snob or something ? Everywhere I go I now notice all the over weight people and think " Oh my god that person needs lap band." I feel I should tell them about the lap band and how it's helping me .I wasn't like that before and I don't like it . I guess it's just because I now know how unhealthly and unhappy I was before I started to lose weight and now I want to help everyone else . I feel like one of "those people " that knock at you door and want to convert you to their religion and won't go away until you close the door in their face .

Cathy you're not alone!!! I do the same thing. I feel compelled to start up a conversation with someone and eventually get to the lapband discussion when their overweight....I am finding that a surprising number of overweight people don't think it should be a choice. A lot of them want to know what you can't eat!!! When I mention the soda thing many are turned off.

As for chocolate....well...do I dare say I am NOT a chocolate fan...sorry. I do love ice cream though..and have resorted to the skinny cow sandwiches and they have relieved my craving. I also don't like chips or the like so that's a good thing.

As for the weight loss....only a few have mentioned. I saw someone the other day I hadn't seen in a while and they said "whats different with you?" I too get "oh my goodness you don't need to lose a 100 lbs...."... oh yes I do!!

Anyway...I have my 5th fill on Wednesday and am still looking for the perfect spot. I have better control and make better choices because I am less hungry but its still slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I am unmotivated to exercise though....need to get my "butt" going...

:biggrin::)

I guess I'm officially a bandster now......just had my first PB experience.....it was horrific and I feel like shit right now.

I came home from work and grabbed a handful of dried fruit....eating mindlessly and not paying attention to chewing.....

first....PAIN....OMG...the flaming golf ball I've heard about....then the slime.....lovely, a rabid dog......then rejecting the poorly chewed food......UGH.......I'm just so glad I was home.

I'm still hoarking in up.....such a delicate flower.

Paying a pennance now.....liquids for a day.

OUCH.....throwing away the rest of the dried fruit.....no more for me.

I don't know whether to congratulate you or just say "I feel your pain"!!! It is the worst...God's way of say..whoah...slow down there. Its when it happens and you're not near a bathroom...OMG. I went to the mall and had rice and chicken and it got stuck...had to literally run to the bathroom to PB...thank goodness it doesn't happen often...You're there!!! and yes dried fruit....did you really think that was ok??? (hahahahaha)

:)

I've been wanting to use this smiley for a long time....

Rugman - my 2nd fill is set for Thursday also.and I need it. I went to dinner tongiht and was able to eat 6 oz of lobster, some lobster artichoke dip with totilla chips and a baked potatoe.... and still had not feeling of restriction. After counting my calories i was over my daily allotment by about 400, so that was not too bad. but I have not eaten that much at one time since a few weeks before being banded.