Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Jonathan- It sucks that when I bike 8 miles I only burn a little over 300 calories and you are burning thousands just walking around town.

Men.

My RMR is 1759. I burn 500+ daily working out. I need 2726 a day just being me. According to Daily plate I get 2500 per day to lose 2 lbs a week. Thats not right. It should be more like 1700-1900. I am consuming 1600. The pounds should be melting off!!!! Whatever.

I can only guess that I am making more muscle while losing fat. Muscle weights more then fat so... I guess the trainer is correct, you gotta use the tape measure to see real progress. Even if it is slow.

This CaloriesPerHour.com is a very helpful site.

Edited by ajoneen

Ajoneen - I also use a tracking website called www.MyFoodDiary.com and it has an ability to also track your activity/exercise in pretty good detail. All kinds of sports, exercise as well as daily activities. By putting your current weight in the user profile, it then says how many calories you burn for what you did and how many minutes. I do not believe the numbers of calories it says different things burn. On days when I do multiple hours of yard work (digging, raking, push lawn mower, etc.), it says I did something like 2800 calories worth of excercise. and says I had a net negative calorie day counting about 1200 calories or so eaten. Not!

What is more important to me is to track the number of minutes I did each day and see if I'm getting exercise in consistently... still not enough. I am finding having a scheduled class to go to on Tues/Thurs is a good disciplined way to be sure I get that much in.

That said, the same website www.myfooddiary.com then computes how many calories I should be able to eat and maintain, or lose 1 lb a week or lose 2 lbs a week. I have a really slow metabolism apparently and there is no way their estimate of calories eaten and calories burned is translating into the right amount of pounds to lose.

I still like the web site, don't get me wrong, it keep me disciplined on awareness of what I'm eating and has nice graphs and reports I can print off of my progress.

What often strikes me is how aware I am of eating and exercise and that is a good thing. Keep on tracking!!

I had my third fill today and I'm up to 6cc. I'm having a hard time with just Water right now. Tomorrow I can have creamy Soups. My restriction is pretty tight, and even tighter in the morning so I'm curious to see how it goes tomorrow.

This last month has been hard as the scale only wants to budge up and not down! My doctor said that is very common 3 months after the surgery. He said just to keep going and soon the plateau will break. Reading through everyone blogs the last few weeks I'm seeing a lot of similarities. So I'll just wait it out... patience is not my forte when it comes to losing weight. In my head I see I'm burning over 3500 calories per day, and eating less then 1200 so it only makes sense that the weight will start coming off eventually.

I'm gonna go buy that kinetics game.. looks fun and is cheaper then buying a new Wii! LOL

TheDailyPlate is my favorite for tracking food and exercise. I find that the allotment of calories burned tends to be a bit high, but make adjustments and try to compare to other sources. I really like the listing of foods and the exercise options list. So for me it is my helping hand for keeping track.

I think you all hit on one of the key elements of being successful at weight loss, Keeping track of the "fuel gage". food and activity.

I'm not sure why this didn't' click for me without the band. Better late then never.

one more pound gone - six more for the 100...

post-50979-13813666721841_thumb.jpg

some succeed because they are destined to

most succeed because they are determined to

post-226636-1381313728378_thumb.jpg

WTG Fenton....you are closing in on that 100 pound mark so quickly!

I am pleased with the restriction that I have right now.....I feel a lot different than I did before this adjustment.

I fixed dinner for the family last night and just wasn't hungry at all. I had a couple of slices of turkey just to get some Protein in....few pieces of melon....and felt content the rest of the night. It's nice.

scale has been moving a bit, too.....gotta love that!

I did have to break down and buy some pants. I'd shopped through all of the smaller sizes in the closet. Fortunately Dillard's is having 30% off clearance prices and I was able to get two pairs of levis (SIZE 14!!!!!!) for $13 a pair.....that was a nice feeling. I haven't been in a size 14 for a long, long, long, long time!!

great time to go shopping. I was in K-Mart, and all summer stuff is at least 40% off. So my logic is find something that fits and looks good and enjoy...but the clothing budget is beginning to take a hit. But it feels fantastic to get into sizes and styles I haven't dreamt of in so many years

HAPPY JULY 4th to all, be safe

Hi everybody - it's been awhile since I have been on - I hope everyone is still losing......... imagine that our goal is to be losers........ I have been on a slow and steady weight loss even though I really still do not feel restricted but feel like I am finally making better choices and I even lost weight after going to my nephews wedding weekend and then on a mini 7 day vacation to Maine. Or the wilds of ME - only saw one moose though. As to eating I have my little goodies if I really want something, in fact my sister-in-law and niece and I shared a whoppie pie cake slice up in Lincoln ME and we actually all only had a few bites and left cake on the plate and it was yummy....... and I have a new appreciation for sugar free ice cream.

Fenton/Jonathan - your book was awesome - I added it to my Facebook as a favorite. I had the shivers more than once in the reading .... you really brought it to life - I cannot wait till your next book is out! So when will that be!

I went kayaking up in ME on Pleasant Lake - it was awesome and I was so happy that I was under the kayaks weight limit - imagine getting stuck or worse sinking -it was easy getting in and paddling around but getting out of the kayak was another story - its the age - the body is not as agile. I was thinking of getting one for home (I live on a small lake in Western Ma but my goal is to sell and move to a 55+ condo so I can use my $ to travel and buy my electronic toys LOL and because it is too much to take care of this big house and it needs some work and the OIL is scary these days - of course if I met the man of my dreams I could change my mind about moving HA HA).

OH just a side note - we daytripped up to Campobello NB Canada to see FDR's summer home - awesome - now that is the way to grow up - in a mansion on the ocean!

Well just checking in to let you all know that being lapbanded was one of the best things I have ever done for myself! I am sure you all feel the same.:thumbup: Oh I still love my Wii Fit!

I

Harley WTG! I can't even imagine a size 14! I have not been there since before I was 14 yrs old. WTG! You can shop any store, anytime!

Fenton...I can't believe how quickly you are closing in on 100 pounds. I know you stick to your schtick of "moving your very large body yada, yada, yada", but you know what... not everyone of your size would be doing what you are doing as quickly as you are doing it. Yea, you get those calorie bumps in there now and again, but then you see the numbers and you get your body moving. You are doing an awesome job! Congrats.

Christine

Thanks for all the thumbs-up on my weight loss - and right back atcha! I feel kind of unworthy - so far, it's been easy for me. I mean, yeah, I've really worked at pounding the pavement, and soon will really work at the treadmill and eliptical trainer, but I'm kind of "in the zone", and it hasn't been hard for me. I've eaten fairly well, with the occasional splurge; I'm dreading the time when the weight loss slows, and I actually have to get a fill.

Not dreading the fill itself, obviously, but not being able to eat things like dry, boneless skinless chicken, which is an easy snack or meal for me now.

But I'm determined to keep going, determined to reach goal, and determined to figure out a way to pay for the inevitable plastic surgery!

Where is A-Dub, btw? I hope she's feeling better.

If you're out there, post, O Queen of the Outback!

Sueangel - I envy you your house on a lake in W. Mass! Cool and quiet, I bet. My dream writing location!

Thanks for your nice words about my book. I'm working on the sequel, A HARD DEATH, now; it'll be out late 2009 here, maybe a little sooner in the UK. A HARD DEATH is set in South Florida, so in a couple of weeks I'm heading down to Naples for a week of research (and ridiculous humidity and bugs). I'm kind of bracing myself - I have manageable eating patterns for New York City, and hope that I don't screw up when I don't know where to go to get something that I'd normally eat. Or, rather, I don't know that if we go to the OUtback Steakhouse, I'll be able to completely abstain from a taste of the ole Bloomin' Onion...

But you bandsters - Keri, Harley and Sueangel off the top of my head - have all vacationed without taking much of a hit at all, so I shall use you as my inspiration and example!

I've already started looking into gyms down there - I'm going to try to do at least an hour or two a day, since I won't be walking as much as I do in NYC.