Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Shamrocks - Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Independence Day!!!!! I am leaving in the morning to go on vacation to Gatlinburg TN!!!! Will be back next week! I am planning on doing some hiking while we are there... I'll let you know how it was!!!!!

Talk to you soon!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tess

Tess,

We just got back from the Gatlinburg, TN area a week or so ago. We had great weather. We took a helicopter ride over the Smokies!!! That was something I always wanted to do, but was unable because of my size. The band sure gives us freedom!!!!

Enjoy your vacation and Happy 4th!!!!

Hastings: yes, it does. The Bodybugg I think guestimates calorie consumption based on its knowledge of your weight (which you enter once a week into a web-based program) and how many steps you've taken. It might be a bit more complicated than that, but that's my guess as to how it works.

As I said, I do think that the Bugg overestimates - there's no way I've eaten an AVERAGE of 2650 calories a day over the last month and a half! Although I don't doubt that on some days I hit that number.

I think the advantage of the Bodybugg is that I look at my Bodybugg monitor at 6PM and it says "10,000 steps", so I'll think, Hmm... I can do better. And I'll head back out and run errands, and take the long route to push the number up closer to 15,000. Similarly, if it's 8PM and I see I've only burned 3500 calories, I'll hit the road.

In the next few weeks, I'll hit a weight that I think is safe for me to start going to the gym and using machines, rather than just walking for exercise. And when that happens: Watch Out!!!

I've been doing the 10,000 step thing too. I love it cause it keeps me honest and I get a minimum of exercise a day. I just a pedometer.

Thanks, Fenton.

Gaitlinburg is beautiful, went a few years ago in the Fall...

Enjoy

I amheading to Atlantic city for a day and then just relaxing for the 4th here at home

Happy July 4th to all

Fenton Congratulations on the 3 pound drop! You will reach your 100 pound mark in no time at all!

Scrappy congrats on dropping the BP meds. You have done so well! I too would love to drop about 20 pounds by September. Maybe we can cheer eachother on.

Christine

I'm sure you'll get great advice from the March bandsters, but watch out for ADub! She's from Australia, and doesn't understand our customs, and you can't understand a thing she says because of the accent...

Oh now that's just uncalled for!

Hi Shamrocks!

I've just been trolling. I'm sick with the flu and miserable, I ned to go back to bed. Just thought I'd stop in to see you all and wish all your Americans a happy 4th of July!

Congratulations on the weight loss everyone! We're steaming along! :o

Annie I hope your feeling better soon. It sucks being sick.

Hastings, I'm not 100% sold on the Bodybugg - I was using a pedometer before, and I think that they're great. But I do find that I get motivated by the Bodybugg, even if I know the calorie counts are probably a bit inaccurate. And the interface is really slick - the little graphs of your weight loss and what not are pretty cool.

Although, when you hit your weight loss target (you program a weekly weight loss goal, and it advises you about how you're doing with your calories burned vs calories consumed), you get this picture of a trainer-type dude popping up to give you two thumbs-up, which makes me want to blind myself with a pair of cake forks.

Tess, enjoy Gatlinburg; that whole area is beautiful. Some years back, I did a pilgrimage through Tennessee, driving around in search of the Great Southern Breakfast. It was a wonderful week...

Annie, I'm sorry to hear you're sick.

But not surprised - only laryngitis would stop you from posting here. Certainly not a hangover - lord knows how many times you've been posting like that!

Feel better soon.

Some years back, I did a pilgrimage through Tennessee, driving around in search of the Great Southern Breakfast. It was a wonderful week...

O MY GOD!! YOU FOUND MY TOTAL WEAKNESS. GIMME some steaming hot Buttermilk biscuits, Country Ham with Red-Eye Gravy, Pecan pancakes and cheese grits.

I think I gained 5lbs just thinking about it.

Lynn -- I'm just catching up on some posts and just now read your post re: getting filled July 10 and also your shoulder problem. I'm also getting a fill July 10 and this past Monday I finally began PT for my shoulder and spinal disc degeneration. This is the first time I have ever had PT. I have been suffering with the shoulder and neck pain for a few years. I'm already feeling a difference and I'm hoping reduced pain will help me stick with exercise better.

For those of you who are using the Wii Fit----what do you think? Do you see increased rates of weight loss then before you began using it? Also---are you seeing increased energy or endurance during the day?

I've not even plugged in my Wii - ADub did, and the next thing you know, she's sick as a dog! I think I dodged a bullet there - but I have to say that my walking has done me a tremendous amount of good. I have far more energy and endurance, and each day force myself to walk more. The other day, coming back from having a pain-in-the-neck skin biopsy at the dermatologist's office, I got off the bus early so I could walk 20 blocks to my office; in days gone by, even walking a couple of blocks was hard for me.

As I've said time and again, EXERCISE IS KEY TO GOOD, SUSTAINED WEIGHT LOSS!

I'm still too heavy for my Wii Fit, but I'm looking forward to it. Although that's partly because it has a snowboarding game, which I think will help me strengthen my lower body before beginning the epic journey into bruising and broken bones that will be my snowboarding career...

Edited by Fenton