Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I know Amanda! I've been checking all day and nothing new. I'll just say that I weigh every single morning and I don't feel guilty about it. I find that knowing that number every single day helps keep me focused during the day.

Well the sclaes finally moved, I've lost 2 lbs..yeah...went to the mall today and wanted pizza soooooo bad, but instead had a salad...then stopped at the store and got skinny cow ice cream sandwiches....they are delicious......hope everyone is doing well

Hi, Everybody! Congrats to all making great progress, and especially those of you with those awesome fitness regimens (kayaking, triathlons!?!):)

I've been reading here (quietly) for the last couple of weeks while I deal with my tight band. :thumbup: Breakfast is almost always a challenge unless it's a shake or Protein Bar. Some days are easier than others... I see I'm not the only one struggling with restriction. It's a new learning curve, I think.

I'm starting a challenging time -- birthday season. Today is my husband's and the kids wanted me to make him brownies (his fave). Three weeks later it's mine (no telling what treat will have to happen), three weeks after that is my son's (he's already asking for a chocolate cake with white frosting), and three weeks after that is my daughter's (she wants chocolate cake with chocolate frosting). Treacherous times for those of us trying to behave! :tt2:

:lol:it is official. I am in ONEderland, officially 199.5# this morning

yippee!!! :tt2: :biggrin2: :thumbup: :thumbup: :) :laugh:

Haha! Yay, Lynn!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Chica, nice to see you - or hear you - or see you - again. How ARE you dealing with your restriction? As far as dealing with birthdays, maybe you could allow yourself a very tightly controlled calorie bump on those days - say, 1800 instead of 1500 or however you're working. A very precisely limited bump would allow you to "indulge", but keep it on a tight leash.

congratulations Lynn.... what a great feeling!!!

Fenton I finally ordered your book, since i have more time in the summer to read. So I can't wait....

Hi, Everybody! Congrats to all making great progress, and especially those of you with those awesome fitness regimens (kayaking, triathlons!?!):)

I've been reading here (quietly) for the last couple of weeks while I deal with my tight band. :thumbup: Breakfast is almost always a challenge unless it's a shake or Protein Bar. Some days are easier than others... I see I'm not the only one struggling with restriction. It's a new learning curve, I think.

I'm starting a challenging time -- birthday season. Today is my husband's and the kids wanted me to make him brownies (his fave). Three weeks later it's mine (no telling what treat will have to happen), three weeks after that is my son's (he's already asking for a chocolate cake with white frosting), and three weeks after that is my daughter's (she wants chocolate cake with chocolate frosting). Treacherous times for those of us trying to behave! :tt2:

Hi Chica

I was fortunate that my kids didn't like cake, although now that they are adults they have opted for cheesecake on their birthdays. Find some weight watcher cakes to eat with low fat ice cream so you don't feel deprived...and tell your husband he's a big boy he can make his own brownies...he knows what your going through!!! lets show some support here....I couldn't be trusted alone to cook a cake let alone brownies...hang in there this should be a time of celebrating (celebration is so important in life) and not worrying!!!

Omg, YAY for you Lynn!!!! You guys that are hitting Onderland are soooo my inspirations, and I need you all to know that! I don't remember the last time I was in the 2's (I am now, little yay for me!), let alone the 1's!!! I am so proud of you!

And what is this with all the triathlons and kayaking?!?!?? Are you guys trying to shame me into upping the ante??? Well, even if you aren't, it is sooo working! I truly believe that my weight loss would accelerate to the speed of light if I would just work out as diligently as I watch my food intake. I just keep letting life (which in Lisa-speak means 'work') intrude on my workout plans. I have the kind of job that pretty much insists on itself. Anytime it wants! They provide me with a laptop for a reason. I thought that was the coolest perk ever when I first started. Now I know that was just their way to covertly LoJack me. I am working really hard to make sure to include myself in my day. As easy as it sounds, that is totally hard for me.

I do Water aerobics as well, and I love it! Appearing in public in a spandex swimsuit of death is normally my own personal Mortification of the Flesh. Despite that , I am still a total Water baby! Who knew that you could actually sweat in the pool??? My aerobics instructor is basically Idi Amin reincarnated, so I leave class every other day feeling like I ran for 4 hours straight. Maybe I need to let her punish me every day.....

Oh, and nice job Ms. Cathy!!! I am following your progress closely, and I am so damned proud of you. Especially since we were born of the same practice!!!!!

Hell, I am proud of all of you!!! Everyone has been so very focused and dedicated. Yes, slips are happening for all of us, but every person here just takes the hit and gets right back up. You all are just amazing!!!!!

I think Sharona's hit it on the head: there should be times of celebration, and not worrying. Those are just four days (I'm NOT going to go back and recount); to allow yourself a little extra on those days is not the end of the world, nor will it break your diet.

Unless you let it. You can't mistake an evening of relaxation as permission to abandon your progress; you just have to enjoy yourself, then get back to bizness the next morning.

BTW, Sharona - congrats on the nice little drop there!

So, success on the scales today: a 2 lb drop!

11 more to go for the Century!

11 pounds in 24 days - I think I can do it...

And if I can't, it's still going in the right direction. I hope to hit 90 lost by Monday.

No, heck - I hope to hit it by Friday...

Congrats Lynn! It IS big news and I know it feels great! It's a real benchmark for you!

Annie---AH HA!!! Thought so!! I teach psychotherapy with a specialization in traumatic stress and human developmenal theory. It's just your neurobiology working on you girl! Just say NO to your brain and teach those hormones to behave themselves! If you give in -- they'll keep raising their ugly little heads in your brain every time you feel bad. Also --eat protein!!

Fenton---I know what you mean about the weight stalls. My eating was pretty good but I was really coasting on the exercise because I just didn't want to face it. It took a weight stall of 8 weeks to get me frustrated enough to finally give in to the gym. Now I'm there every day and I'm losing again (thank GOD!). Since the body keeps adjusting to exercise -- I have decided not to exercise anymore than I need for a steady weight loss. My thinking is that if I do more than I need to -- then my body will get use to the higher level of exercise and I'll just have to crack it up even higher when I hit another stall. This way I can up the ante as needed. I don't know ----maybe that's just "stinkin' thinkin' on my part -- but it's my story and I'm sticking to it at least for now. Anyhow--I guess I see a parallel with your food strategy. As long as you’re losing at a pace you’re comfortable with -- you'll enjoy and then when you hit a stall or want to lose faster -- you'll renegotiate.

Life with Real Restriction... it IS what I asked for, right? It's complicated, I'll say that. :tt2:

The first week after the fill, I was doing great, following all the normal band rules, no problems, even eating out at restaurants (but mind you, very small portions). Then suddenly it got much tighter and I wasn't expecting that! Breakfast was going to be cottage cheese with pineapple, but two bites in and I heard gurgling. So, I stopped and ended up with a Protein shake. Later that day, I attempted to eat some leftovers from one of those restaurant visits, and a couple of bites in, gurgling again. An hour and half later, I had thrown up (sorry, TMI) everything from the last 6 hours with stomach acid. Back to liquids for a couple of days -- I was so swollen and tight that even Water was gurgling! Ever since, it's been a battle at most meals to avoid the overactive salivary response. No more PBs, but several near misses.

I don't track my calories, carbs, or anything... The only thing I do is to just make sure I get enough Protein by supplementing with a shake a day and maybe a Protein Bar or Protein pudding. I don't want to be a slave to tracking my meals, I just want to eat like a 'Normo'. (Okay, other than the shake and stuff...) However, I also understand that this is perhaps why I don't lose weight at quite the rapid pace some of you do.

So, as for a bump in calories, who would know if I don't track them?? :thumbup: Fortunately, brownies are not too much of a weakness and 2/3 of them have nuts to which I'm allergic!:thumbup: It's the cake and ice cream that are more tempting for me. :) Oh well, one birthday down, three to go.

Sorry this got so long... I guess that's what happens when I stay quiet too long.

P.S. Congrats, Lynn, on Onederland! I, too, made it there recently, but it's not really the SV I'm waiting for -- I can't wait to report when I've finally lost all my 'pregnancy weight'... and my 'baby' is only almost 9 years old!! :biggrin2:

18_4_100v.gif wearing a swimsuit is not my favorite, but exercise in the Water feels so relaxing and is a great workout. I do have to go out and buy some suits that fit. with the weight loss, the top is too big as well as the butt. so off to the mll to buy one or two that fit!!!

Chica - BABY Weight!! my girls are 26 nd 29 and I have been struggling to lose the weight for all these years. ome would come off, then I would gain it and more back. So glad to finally gain some control of the weight loss roller coaster I have been on for so many years. :)

Hi Shamrocks!

WOW! all the folks who have hit oneunderland and under 250, that is awesome! I am so happy for you all!

I am actually inspired by everyone. I went to a support group meeting last night and that helped as well. I am back down to my "lowest" band weight and am ready to join the weight loss group! I am thrilled to be back. I really hope that I am done with the up and down at this particular weight.

Well, congrats to all you athletic, skinny folks! :)

Congratulations on making it to onederland Lynn!!!!

Christine