Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Thanks, Amanda - maybe a year or so down the road, when I'm the only Shrinking Shamrock left, I'll go over there, but for now I get the support and info I need here!

GROUP HUG, Y'ALL!

I had sangria at lunch; I appear to have been possessed by Britney Spears.

And look at all of you heading into Onederland...!

I just caught up on all the posts.

I have been out of town since Frinday AM. and for the time I was gone I was having posting withdrawal. I sure missed reading how everyone was doing ans the little tidbits of info ..

I managed fairly well on my eating. I logged everything on a preadsheet and now need to enter into my daily plate log. I had some difficulty not eating, but the on 3 occasiions had a PB attack.... With a 6 hour drive I had lots of Protein Drinks to keep me up on the Protein intake, but then, had to stop quite a few times..

I walked on the beach one morning.. didn't even get tired walking in the sand. now I can't wait for my week at the bech to hit the sand every day!! :lol:

I did "slip" and drink 3 glasses of wine last night, but over a 3 hour period. and a little cheese and crackers, but feel that I did not totally sabotogue my food intake..

Almost at ONEderland.... at the DR Friday morning i was 200.5# :blink:

Congrats to all of us at this milestone... almost into ONEderland yippee!!!! :crying:

Sharona---This may sound boring but I made the frozen sugar free pops my substitute for Ice cream. If I buy a box of Skinny Cows or even the sugar free fudgicles I end up eating them until there gone. At least if I end up eating 4 freezer pops -- I still only ate 60 calories, 16 carbs and no fat. I know that may not work as a substitute for everyone. I also tape little signs to myself right on my dash like, "Dairy Queen -- 340 Calories! Sugar free pop -- 45 Calories!"

Fenton -- sounds good. Ya. It does seem like several of us are deciding to set a short-term goal for this summer. Let's make it a challenge. Good luck!

mscathyl---Wow! You are really at full-tilt boogie! You'll be at goal weight in no time.

Amanda--Thanks for the post. I REALLY like it.

k_pod - I think it's great that you're quitting smoking! Just a suggestion... quite a few of my friends have had success using the new medication Chantix. (I think that's how you spell it) It really helps with the cravings!!!

K-pod, I cannot say enough good things about Chantix. I tried everything else and nothing worked for me. It does have strange side effects. I had to start Lexapro while I was on it but the Lexapro kept me happy and the Chantix kept me smoke free. It also gives you very, very vivid dreams but other than that, I had no problems. If you find yourself struggling with the patch, I strongly urge you to get a prescription for Chantix.
Chantix- I know this works for some but the only 2 people I know that tried it had trouble with it. One went into a weird depression that only stopped when she stopped the drug. Forewarned is forearmed.

I met with my PCP and looked into Chantix, about a month ago. Since I have a history of sleep issues and nightmares she suggested to go with the patch again. The last time I quit was for 9 months. I used the patch and had great success after the first week, until nausea and headaches set in. I stopped the patch, and was free from the symptoms as well as smoking.... Until 9 months later when a dear friend passed away very unexpectedly, and I kind of lost my bearings.

I am going to try the Patches for now, and see how it goes. If I don't feel they are enough I will surely try the Chantix. I figured I might as well stay with what worked the last time for the time being, though. I can't thank you all enough for your responses! It's wonderful to feel so supported!

Kerri I'm supprised they banded you if you were smoking. How did you get away with that?

My doc doesn't require that you quit prior to being banded, only for the bypass. He obviously highly recommends quitting or at least cutting back, but doesn't require it.

I was very surprised to see in the psych eval notes that the shrink suggested not pushing me to quit until after I was well on my way after surgery... How strange is that?! He said that he thought it would be too much on me, and that I should take things one step at a time. So I did. And now I think I'm ready to be rid of smoking..

I got my old bike from my Mom's house tonight. I haven't ridden it in 6 or 7 years. It is surprisingly in great shape (from being stored in the garage) and even the tires are holding air:) Tonight I took it out for a 3 mile trek in the warm humid air, and boy did I enjoy it! I forgot how much I love that thing!

Well I'm off to catch some zz's.

I hope you all have a wonderful night!

~Kerri

Well, I finally got my first fill. You guys must be stronger than me because I thought it hurt like h***. It was quick, but it was very uncomfortable. He only put in 2ccs, so we'll see how I do. On the up side, I weighed in at the doctor's office before my fill and I too have made it to onederland.

Evelas! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We need some kind of special emoticon or logo or graphic thing for when we hit Onederland.

And we need it STAT! We've got some Onederlanders coming around the corner...

gotta get myself back on track. I tried to log my foods while away for 5 days. I did try to eat all the right things....well, except for the 3 glasses of wine last night :crying: but I still stayed within my calorie count for the day and got my exercise in.. so it pretty much all balanced itself out :blink: I am anxious to get to work on Wednesday, if only to weigh in. being so close to Onederland, I want to see if I made it with being away for 5 days.. and after talking with the DR on Friday i am goign to look into dropping the rest of my meds.. my BP is great, my cholesterol is so improving, and i have already stopped my Nexium.. the pharmacy won't kbow what to do not seeing me in every month for those 6 or 7 prescriptions, and the money I am going to save!! that will help make my car payment... did I tell you I treated myself to a new vehicle.. I call it Lynn's toy :lol::lol::thumbup:

I don't know if I've told you about the triathlon I did about 5 years ago. It was a great feeling!! So to that end...

I have signed up for 2 triathlons this summer.

I've decided that I need a focus regarding exercise. I might be crazy but I have to challenge myself and be accountable to something.

These are not the big IronMan type. They are the sprint length, not that I will be sprinting. 400meter swim/6mile bike/2mile run.

God, just don't let me make a fool of myself.

Whoa! That's GREAT!

First we have K-Pod with the kayaking and the bicycling, and now we have you, Amanda the Triathlete!

When's your first event?

June 27th. Iam starting training in the pool tomorrow.

AND, on the subject of inspiration, I've watched this video several times today. I have to say I love it - it really emphasizes how similar we all are, all over the world. The commonality of human experience, the vast potential of human creativity.

Plus it's funny.

This is for the HD version, so give it a few seconds to load properly before pressing Play. And you can turn it into a fullscreen thing by clicking on the button to the right of the time line...

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) on Vimeo

AND, on the subject of inspiration, I've watched this video several times today. I have to say I love it - it really emphasizes how similar we all are, all over the world. The commonality of human experience, the vast potential of human creativity.

Plus it's funny.

This is for the HD version, so give it a few seconds to load properly before pressing Play. And you can turn it into a fullscreen thing by clicking on the button to the right of the time line...

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) on Vimeo

Ah ha ha what a small world!

My ex-boyfriend is in that video. We were in town one day having lunch at the Botanical Gardens and this guy came up and explained to us that he was going to be filmed dancing, and asked if we wanted to join in. I declined, but he said yes! If you scroll through to about 1:08, you can see a guy on the right hand side with black hair, wearing a white business shirt, black tie, grey vest and pants. That's my ex!

We always wondered what the point of the dancing was. Now we know!