Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has been on paxil and then come off.I have been on it for two years and now weening myself off.I have read some horror stories on withdrawal from it.I have gone from 30mg down to 15mg in 10 days.So far so good no withdrawal.Thanks in advance

Pat

I have been on paxil and had no adverse side effects from getting off of it.

Well I had been staying off the scale for 2 weeks until the "Labor Day to Hallow-lean!" challenge ended today so I woke up ready to see how I have been doing. I didn't hit the goal of -14 lbs I had set out to do but I did lose 10.5 in that period of time so I'm really happy with that.

I have 4 lbs until some new numbers so that's my next goal! I have annual physical exam scheduled with my primary care doctor in November and I'd love to be at least -70 lbs since last year on that day. Remember this is a doctor who was anti-WLS so I will be glad to show her there are positive things it can do.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ! ! ! !

be good to the ghosts and goblins that come your way!

too much candy all around UGH!! my weakness. trying to be good and go for the pretzels... no too successful.. :teeth_smile:

Yeah, this is a scary holiday. I made a couple of batches of Rice Krispy treats for my son's class party, and inhaled five of 'em before I came back to my senses. :teeth_smile: I can't wait for my fill next week when I know I'll be on my best behavior.

Time to get rid of excess candy!! Have a bit left after last night. PLan on taking it into work on Monday and letting everyone there have a go at it.

I did have a few "fun" size Hershey bars, but no more..

Have to go out and walk a little bit extra this weekend. :cursing:

I go to my PCP Monday and get checked in for my BP with her, It has been at a great place for the past 6 months, so looking forward to hearing her remarks. I have not lost any weight in the past month, but have toned up alot. People I see think I have still lost more..so feeling good :)

Have a great weekend everyone..

I've started backing off to stay off the scale on a daily basis and now going to try just weighing weekly to not get discouraged if things aren't going faster. I did hit a milestone of -70 lbs since where I was last October but I lost some in my 2 weeks of pre-op diet so the surgeon's office gives me less credit than that - only counting what weight you have lost post surgery when I go in for checkups. So mentally, I'm still celebrating 70 by my own accountability of knowing where I've been. I think with the extra exercise I'm doing that I'm having the same experience that things are toning up and changing shape even if the number of pounds is not drastically dropping. I figure if I am building muscle during this stage with the exercise the muscle eventually will help me burn more calories daily so I'm in this for the long haul.

Happy November!

Ok so I have been a bit bummed I am in a plateau from hell. Small pity party so please excuse me for a moment. :thumbup:

I have lost 1 yes just 1 pound since september 25th. Kind of depressing.

My next appt is not until January 5th.

I am following all the bandster rules. And Exersizing.

But there has been one BIG Bright light in it all even though I have not lost more then 1lb In a little over a month but I am down to a size 14 jeans. So I guess I am just building muscle and lossing fat. Ok so the scale is not moving but the sizes are.

So i guess I will just hang in there and maybe tthe darn scale will start to move again.

Thanks for letting me rant. :smile2: You all are just great.

Trish

TP--I know how hard a plateau can be, but look how far you have come!!! You are in ONEDERLAND, almost 100lbs down from your highest weight, and wearing a size 14!!! Congrats!

Ok so I have been a bit bummed I am in a plateau from hell. Small pity party so please excuse me for a moment. :biggrin:

I have lost 1 yes just 1 pound since september 25th. Kind of depressing.

My next appt is not until January 5th.

I am following all the bandster rules. And Exersizing.

But there has been one BIG Bright light in it all even though I have not lost more then 1lb In a little over a month but I am down to a size 14 jeans. So I guess I am just building muscle and lossing fat. Ok so the scale is not moving but the sizes are.

So i guess I will just hang in there and maybe tthe darn scale will start to move again.

Thanks for letting me rant. :biggrin: You all are just great.

Trish

I think there are alot of us that are hitting a plateau. I have lost 3 # in the past 7 weeks. but with physical therapy my body is "reshaping" itself. If it wasn't for the flab around my middle I could get into a size 12 pant easily..but I think of where I was this time last year and just smile at how far I have come..:D I do not need a fill as I can barely get 1/4-1/2 cup of food in at a sitting. and that depends on the consistency of the meal. chicken tonight was tough to get in 2 oz.

This site is definitely my shoulder to cry on and I thank everyone that allows us to moan and groan and Celebrate..

My food groups of late are the chocolate, nougat, crackers and cheese. Obviously I am not losing weight, but I am still right where I was and am good with that. I know I have not used the band well - I can actually feel myself get full in my "real" stomach. At some point, I will have a check up to see how everything looks. I know I eat way more than 1/4 to 1/2!

It is amazing how different everyone's bodies are too. I know I am so short when I read the comments about what size everyone is wearing. Even with my weight down below 160, I am still in size 14s.

Hopefully at some point soon, I will get motivated to lose about 15 more pounds. I would then be able to say I am "normal". I would certainly be happy with that by March.

I too have found myself slipping back to my old ways . I think I got so used to running around all weekend I didn't know what to do with myself so I ate and ate .Now that I said it out loud I will start new tomorrow.

my last fill was 9/19/08, and I have very good restriction, maybe at times too much restriction.

Last night i had a few bites of chicken and a few bites of lamb. I know I chewed all very well. But I am in pain. No sleep last night, feel like some thing is stuck.. getting a bit better. I have never had this before. Contemplating calling my doctor later today and see what she has to say.

Has anyone else experience this feeling for more than a short time period?

Lynn...hope you are feeling better by now. I have had the same issue numerous times. My biggest suggestion to you is if you are feeling better...please do liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 2 days. Let your stoma calm down. After getting stuck, it's so important to let your stomach rest.

Again...hope you are feeling better. If not, definately see your doctor and get an unfill to let the stuck food pass. Then do the liquids.< /p>

Christine

Wow! What changes in Lapbandtalk. I had to do a search to find this forum. Lynn I think you'll find that your band will fluctuate at times getting tighter some days more than others. Like Christine said I think going easy on yourself for a few days is a good idea. Try liquids and mushies for a few days. Hope you feel better.

Wow! What changes in Lapbandtalk. I had to do a search to find this forum. Lynn I think you'll find that your band will fluctuate at times getting tighter some days more than others. Like Christine said I think going easy on yourself for a few days is a good idea. Try liquids and mushies for a few days. Hope you feel better.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

I am just doing mushies today, Feeling better, but a bit hesitant to try anything to solid.. this was the first time I had this last so long and on such a small amount of food. Slow going today on the food.< /span>