Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

tlambright, i can't believe that this has happened to me too! i've ran into a few people that i havent seen in almost a year lately, and when they dont really talk much to me or say my name i think at first that they are just being rude, or something else is on their mind.

but i finally figured it out when i saw an old friend a second time a few day later, and she was suddenly like JANE! im sorry if you thought i was rude before-- i didnt even recognize you!

more little nsvs lately are just basically that more guys are noticing me and hitting on me in the bars, at restaurants, etc. soooo that's a nice change! instead of me just being the fat friend, i am now fitting in more.

the only un-NSV i've had is the blowup with one of my roommates... but im not entirely sure if its related to my weightloss. i knew before i had surgery that she wasnt one of my closest friends and isnt very trustworthy-- which is why i decided to not tell her about the surgery in the first place. (this was much easier to keep from her than i thought bc she is really actually very unobservant of others-- and kind of proves how self-centered she is!)

but in the past few months she has slowly stopped talking to me, and refuses to talk about it or explain why. she is very image-driven and one of those girls that talks shit about other girls just because it makes her feel better. back in high school she was anorexic for a few months and a size 3/4, but now she is at the opposite end of the spectrum 3 years later and is a size 16, eating fast food everyday (we've all been on that side at least). so it's a sad situation to watch her go in the direction i was headed a few years ago. but i was explaining eeeeverything to a few friends and they were like-- "uhh jane, don't you think she is maybe just the slight bit jealous that you are now smaller than she is?" i had never thought of it that way, and i really hope that isnt the reason behind her wanting to end our friendship... because if that were the case, it would be really petty. but when your pants size quadruples in three years, your weight is definitely on your mind somewhere and you are noticing other people's weight a lot more.

i just think its crazy that sooo many people in my life have commented on my weightloss, but my roommate has never said a SINGLE word about it. she sees how much less i eat now and when i work out and sees me giving away old clothes, she even used to borrow my clothes when we were friends and knows the sizes i wear, and she hasn't noticed? yeah, right.

oh well.... only two more weeks of living with her... and then a few months from now i am graduating and moving far, far away! and making new friends who have never had the opportunity to think of me as their fat friend!

HA, I havent had an NSV in a long long time...well who am I kidding I have had a SV in an even longer time..anyhow I started this journey wearing a 24 or so...I have been stuck at an 18-20 well today I went shopping with one of my gal pals and put on a 16-TOO BIG!!! YAY!!! I was so excited...unfortunately the next size lower that they had was a 12...I knew that wouldnt fit but I was totally excited that for once I wasnt able to buy an article of clothing bc IT WAS TOO BIG :thumbdown:

I have a concert coming up and had nothing to wear so I decided to go hunting in my parents closets thinking I might run across something. I pulled out a dress that I wore my senior year in high school (almost 10 years ago!) and it fit! Its even a little big! Its gonna be weird to be smaller than I was in high school!

Alright well I don't get banded until July 20 but here are some of the NSV that I look forward to...

Being able to fit in knee-high boots

Being able to fit in all those clothes that I saved that were just a tad bit too small

Seeing my collarbone

Getting out of the plus size section

Today I was able to buy my first non-stretch dress from banana Republic!

Not a huge one but today I found my old senior shirt from high school and thought hmmm, I wonder if that would fit? Now it barely fit then and that was 3 years ago so I was shocked when I SLIPPED it on! I didnt have to tug or stretch or anything, it just fit! It was exciting and gave me a big boost!

Hey bandster buddies! Sorry for playing Casper the friendly ghost for so long. But I’m pleased to announce that I am officially down 103 lbs! I’m sitting pretty at 256 (BMI 37.9) as of this morning with 86.5 more lbs til goal. Might I remind you I started this journey at a miserable 359 lbs (BMI 53). One of my short-term goals was to be 240’s-ish by Memorial day which is only less than 1 week away but I’m happy regardless of whether I make that or not. I’ll be flying to ATL that weekend to see family I haven’t seen in a while so I know they’ll be shocked to see the smaller me. I’ve been getting compliments left and right. I think the funniest ones come from my co-workers. One of men in my office just stared at me with a confused look on his face one day and said, “you’re a lot skinnier these days.” From others I get, “you’re wasting away!” One of my co-workers (who has had much gradual weight loss success herself through weight watchers) actually guessed my weight to be 210 lbs. I said “I wish, but not yet!” Guess I can attribute that to all the hours I’ve put in weight training. Pics soon to come...

congrats sistergrl25!!!!! i've gotten the "you are just wasting away" cooment. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I went shopping at Cato the other day. They have two different sides to the store. One is for overweight women and the other is not. I generally walk in and go straight to the left (overweight side). I picked up a top, and held it against myself... too big. I pick up a smaller size... too big. It was the smallest size on the overweight side. I HAD TO GO TO THE SKINNY SIDE TO BUY A SHIRT!!!

Guess what?!?!?! I fit into a regular woman's size LARGE... not XL, or XXL... but LARGE!!!! YAYYYYY!!!

I haven't dropped but one pant size since surgery and people keep asking about how many sizes I've dropped. I always felt bad saying one. Now I can tell them about my shirt sizes. lol.

You can do it if you try!!!

Krista

i've had a lot of bad days the past week or two, but i'm back at home and seeing some friends i havent seen since before surgery. one of my friend's mom said "jane you are so TWIGGY!" (but she meant it in a good way-- she is just foreign so she doesnt speak the best english). and last night, i was out at a bar with some friends and i guess my good friend who i havent seen in about six months finally mustered up the courage (after a few drinks) to ask me about my weight. she goes "jane, i hope you dont get offended, but.... did you-- did you get a breast reduction??" and i laughed and explained no-- but i've lost some weight. and she was just like, "oh well i noticed! good job! what are you doing?" and i didnt feel like getting into the whole explanation so i simply replied "just eating better and a lot more slowly, so i eat a lot less." its funny to see people's reactions. most are too embarrassed to say anything out of fear of offending me, but usually they just say something like "you look so good-- so grown up!" or something like that. its only a few of my good friends who have, in private, asked me specifically.

oh and-- im getting a personal trainer for the summer! i recently saw the fitness analyst that approves patients before surgery and helps them with becoming more physically active the first month after surgery. i mentioned that ive always wanted a personal trainer but that its too expensive, and he said that because im obviously self motivated he would train me for pennies since he wouldnt have to do much work, i would basically just be paying for a membership to the hospital's workout facility. im so excited to start with him again, i start next thursday!

I had one yesterday. I went and got a haircut and went to my friends to show her my new hair. She runs up to me and goes "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE A JAWBONE!!" I looked at some old pictures and she was right. I have a jawbone now :lol:

My jawbone too started popping out of nowhere sometime around 3:00 yesterday afternoon, maybe thats when I noticed it. Isn't that a great feeling!!!!:tongue:

1. SV- I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks... YA!!!

2. I joined a gym and have been working out 4 times a week. I meet with MY personal trainer (my boyfriend ha!) twice a week and do a boot camp every Saturday morning!

3. I am starting to notice a difference. I think it sometimes takes awhile before we can look in the mirror and notice a difference of ourselves. Maybe it is because I evaluate my body every second of the day... ha!

**I bought a cute Pink polka dot shirt a year ago on sale and it was to way to small and I can fit into it now!!!! :smile:

**My size 24 Pants are so baggy that they are going to fall off! lol

**My BELT is to big I have to make a new hole!!!

**I finally got enough courage to go to the beach in a bathing suit!!!

NSVs I'm looking forward too:

• Not needing a belt extension on a plane
  • Not having to search for the weight capacity of chairs and exercise equipment
  • being able to wear cute bras! (like the little balconettes)
  • Going to amusement parks and being able to RIDE the rides!!
  • Not feeling like I can't go to the cool clubs because even though I'd kill everyone with my style, it wouldn't count since I weigh more then 3 of them put together.
  • as posted on one of the first pages: seeing my va-jay-jay! and NOT through the mirror :thumbup:
  • Not feeling like Shrek (like an ogre walking through town and everyone is staring at you)
  • and I am so EFFING tired of hearing: YOU HAVE SUCH A PRETTY FACE.

I'm sure theres more, Can't wait to check things off that list :thumbup: