Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

I really think that we need to establish a thread dedicated to our NonScale Victories. So here it is:

I had the best thing happened to me this weekend. But overall it was a week and weekend filled with NSVs and reassurances. I met 2 successful bandsters. Men are flirting, new ones and ones Ive known for years. WIERD!

I was hanging out at my Bestie's (Jenny) house. She pulled out a picture of me from about 3 years ago. I finally saw the difference. I was a mountain. I looked swollen, full, and SO MISERABLE. Whats sad is that I remember that day and I thought I looked so cute, I looked a mess.

This whole time I havent been seeing the change. I figured that I need 30 to 40 more lbs before there was a perciveable difference. I WAS SO WRONG! I am a new woman, NOW!

Later, a friend of hers stopped by. When she came to say hi to me, she looked at me weird then said, "Did you lose weight? Oh my god you lost A LOT of weight!" I told her about the band (I really couldnt help myself).

Later that night Jenny tells me that her friend said that (here's the best part) I looked like a "totally different person" than I did before. This girl is honest if she isnt anything else which makes it all the more amazing.

It was a that moment that I felt the absolute truth of it all: I do feel like a whole different person. I am a different person.

This one was long so I will write my other NSV later. Maybe Ill start a blog.

Thanx!

I set this thread up for the whole Twenties Board so please add some of yours. When I first started these and the before and afters were what motivated me to press on.

Sharing is caring!

I haven't been banded yet, but I love reading other ppl's NSV's! It's inspiring and makes me want to do this even more than I do already. I know this is the right step and I'm making probably the best decision in my life by taking this journey to band land. I only hope my insurance/company can see the light and grant me this huge tool to a long life of happiness and healthiness.

What i'm looking forward too, is being able to shop with my friends in the regular junior sizes at the mall and not having to go to "women's world" looking for clothes.

I'm also looking forward to being able to cross my legs, not feeling squished at the baseball game or at the movie theater. Of course the double takes from guys won't hurt.

My biggest NSV is probably being able to go to my 10 yr reunion in two yrs and ppl not believing it's me and only knowing it's me b/c of my "unique" voice. :smile2:

Here's some of mine:

1. My eyes don't shut when I smile anymore

2. I can see my cheek bones

3. I've went from a size 30 to a size 22.

4. I can get up and down with no problem

5. I've had to restock on underwear TWICE because they were falling off, lol!

6. I am able to fit in clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years.

7. I can play with my 2 year old son more.

8. People are really starting to notice my weight loss.

9. I sleep without my CPAP machine now!

Bradleybanana, crossing my legs was a big goal for me too. In the last 20lbs I became able to cross them easily and stay that way for eons. Before I could physically cross them but my leg would fall asleep, my belly got in the way, or it just looked forced. Now, I cross them so much that I have a bruise on the opposite knee! It is Awesome! Good luck!

Oh yeah, I have dimples now! I saw one starting to emerge some lbs ago but now I see that I have one on each side!

I have also been told that I look taller! I am 6'1" but dang I love that complement! My goal is long, lean, toned, and strong! Im getting there.

Georgia Girl, that is fantastic! Wow your ticker is really moving! Super!

Right now being able to cross my legs the "right way" is only a dream. I can do the lean all the way over to the side thing and then through my leg over the other, but lord knows it doesn't stay that way for long before I get tired, or something starts to hurt! LOL

1. went from size 24 to a 12 and sometimes 10

2. medium tops

3. feel lighter

4. work out twice a day! and like it!

5. people have noticed.

6. was called a skinny minnie [which is weird since by my height I am still severely overweight]

7. posted in the before and after pictures thread and someone commented that i look like angelina! whaaaa?

8. my favorite: I am so proud of myself.

I still don't have restriction.

good luck everyone!!

1. Bursting out of size 26/28 and 5x tops.. to wearing 15/17 pants and 1x tops.

2. CROSSING MY LEGS.

3. Walking long distances without any problems.

4. Better Sex.. I had a new sex NSV the other night. I was lounging in bed with my legs up on the headboard and watching tv upside down.. and DH came in and was bein silly, but I realized my legs can completely go over my head and touch the bed. TOUCH THE BED!

5. I am able to do a lot more around my house, I use to feel like I was gonna die from vaccuuming one room. Now I can completely clean the entire house (without cutting corners), and vaccuum the whole place and BARELY break a sweat.

6. Being the smallest weight I've ever been since hitting puberty.

7. My collarbone is PROMINENT. I am always touching it and looking at it in the mirror.

Probably a lot more, but these are things that stick out.

I had a real fun NSV last night! It's probably TMI... But I gotta share with someone. I was shaving last night and could actually see my VaJayJay to shave it proper. It was amazing. I didn't have to suck my gut in or cock my leg a certain way. It was cool... I know, way too much information...

I had a real fun NSV last night! It's probably TMI... But I gotta share with someone. I was shaving last night and could actually see my VaJayJay to shave it proper. It was amazing. I didn't have to suck my gut in or cock my leg a certain way. It was cool... I know, way too much information...

TMI or not thats a really good one! I still cant see mine!:thumbup:

I'm with FairyFacade on her #4! I love being able to put my knees up to my shoulders, but my hips used to get so tired. Found out yesterday that they go further and they don't hurt anymore. hahahahaha

I just altogether FEEL better. I feel more of my bones which reminds me I'm thinner. I have parts of me not bumping into things anymore. I'm just really starting to feel like a normal person - it's incredible.

I'm not sure what women's size I started at because I was so in denial and didn't want to buy anything. I was probably a 22. I'm into 14's. Medium tops (no boobs...haha). I started at a men's 42 (I wear them for work) and I'm a loose 34, eying those 32's. :rolleyes2:

Everything just feels easier to do when it comes to moving my body. I LOVE it. Can hardly wait to get to goal and see how THAT feels. Haven't been there in 10 years.

B-Rog you inspired me to go home and check out the vajaja. :lol:

My vajaja hangs like a bag of.. actually, a ball sack!! :rolleyes:

I could pull all that skin and move it all over the place, it made me think of what my vajaja should look like in 50 years, NOT NOW! :tt2::crying::smile:

I cant wait to see mine without a mirror! Congrats!