Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

Yeah Zuka I am holding off a completely new wardrobe for a while. I am buying a few new clothes though, out of pure necessity! Buuuuuut I have had a few new NSV's...

- I work at costco now and they have no problem sending me out to do carts! When I worked at HEB (a supermarket) they were always worried about me when I went outside for carts. Not anymore!

- All my 2X and 3X shirts are WAY too big on me. Like big to where people comment on it. Haha

- I'm treated differently everywhere I go. I no longer get the fat person look.

-This is a scale victory, no doubt. I'm down over 100 pounds!! Woooohooo!

Hey drew05,

Congrats on the weight loss!

I tried on some pants today that are 3 sizes smaller then what I was wearing , and they fit!!!!!!! I am super excited!!!

Great job to everyone out there!

Drew - 100lbs! thats amazing! congrats on you success

Brockbabe82 - going down in sizes is one of my favorite things so yay!

Angie and Zuka - I have tried really hard to not go crazy shopping because my mother and I are planning a rather large shopping trip when I hit goal weight. So I've been surviving on some old clothes, hand me downs from my mom and sister, and borrowed items from friends. Your stories make me laugh because I know exactly how you feel and I cannot WAIIITT to go shopping.

I just got back from a trip to New York City... and guess who fits in airline seats? Oh yea! This asian is now airplane approved :-)

MrRiceGuy - I always hated flying because I'd have to squeeze into seats. I'm visiting my friend in FLA in a few weeks and I'm excited because I KNOW I'll fit better.

this is going to be long, so i apologize..

I had a fill a month ago, two weeks later I was mysteriously too tight (vomiting, couldn't keep down anything but water). it was awful. to make things even worse i was away on vacation in rhode island and was afraid to go to the emergency room there because who knows what the doctor would do to me.

long story short, i waited and suffered for 4 days until i could get to my doctors office. i was dehydrated and lost 17lbs in 3 weeks.

well needless to say i had 1cc removed and gained about 10lbs back. i was not so happy about the gain when i went to the doctors yesterday to have a fill even though i knew it was going to happen.

cut to today, i was talking to a guy online who i used to have a thing with forever ago. now we are good friends. he said he was checking out my Facebook and was telling me how good i looked. he actually called me a skinny minny. i thought it was hilarious until he told me i looked skinnier than i was in high school.

that just about made my day and made me feel a wholeeee lot better!

@Laurr925: I'm sorry you gained +10lbs when you had that 1cc removed, but that was after a -17lbs loss from dehydration and such. It was probably just your body returning to its current homeostasis. Sounds like the ex(?)fling is able to see just how svelte you're getting, even if you yourself are not enjoying the numbers as much as you'd like. I'm excited for you! I can't wait to hit 220, but right now, my latest baby-goal is 240.

My Own NSVs:

1. I pulled on my Lane Bryant Red-Triangle Size-5 jeans (idk what that translates to) and they were so friggin loose. I wore 'em anyway cos I'm bloated this week (TOM) and barely made it down the first aisle at the grocery store before I had to pull 'em back up so I didn't look like a white-girl-wannabe-thug, lol!

2. When I pulled up at the grocery store mentioned in #2, I looked over at the car next to me. Two guys were sitting in there, their window down, and they turned over and looked at me. And then continued to watch as I walked into the store. (Too bad I wasn't wearing my "daaaamn that's a nice ass" jeans, but whatevs!) I stood in the frozen foods section, texting a friend about a song playing on the radio, when those same two guys walked down my aisle, strolled past, and turned their heads as they walked by me. It was bizarre. They didn't even buy anything! O.o Idk, I refuse to believe they were checking me out, bc I looked like a bum, but maybe they were. Either way, it felt good to be noticed. :ohmy:

I've had an unexpected but wonderful NSV lately.

My skin, hair and nails have never looked better! I've spent litterally hundreds...if not thousands...of dollars on Shampoo and face washes due to my super oily skin/hair but after my band and adopting my new high Protein, low...well, everything else...diet, my hair is nice and soft and shiny but not oily! and my face no longer looks like a grease slick. Plus my nails grow and stay that way instead of chipping off down to nothing. Thank you protein!

Love my band!

Well I haven't posted in some time. I have had a few NSVs lately.

1. I was able to fly without a seatbelt extender. It has been quite a long time since I have been able to do this.

2. I went to Vegas last weekend and the last time I had been I was at my biggest weight. Last time I had hard time walking everywhere and was always tired by the time I got home. Well this time I walked alot more and was totally fine even in 100+ degrees. It felt great.

3. I bought shorts about a month and a half ago and they fit. 2 weeks ago I had to buy a size smaller.

4. Recently I had to buy a whole new wardrobe. Losing about 80lbs you just cant wear the same clothes.

5. My mom commited to my dad on our trip that I was not focused on food anymore, like I had once been.

6. My mom and I are almost the same size.

7. I had to donate 10 bags of clothes.

8. I was motivated to Clean my whole house.

9. I can shop in Kohls and Jcpennys now. Not just lane bryant or torrid. 1x at kohls mind you. I went from a tight 28 to a solid 22.

10. I have the confidence to wear sexier shirts. Halter tops and I would never have thought to wear those.

I had a HUGE one yesterday. I was looking through a pile of shorts at PacSun, and I couldn't find any SMALL enough for me!! They were all too big!! It blew my mind... oh and I fit into a 36 today!

Way to go Drew! I can't imagine how freaking amazing that must have felt, wehoo!!!

Well I never flew when I was bigger but I know I wouldn't have fit but I comfortably fit in the seat 2 weeks ago when I flew for a school trip.

We did a lot of hiking and I didn't keep up very well(they were all athletes) but I know I did way better than I would have done a year ago.

I'm a size 14 now, juniors 15, so what I was in high school...I haven't lost any lbs in a month or two though...sad. Oh well. Before school starts I need to go shopping because I have NO clothes. And I'm jealous of those of you that are seeing your bra size go down lol. At my heaviest I was a 40DDD...I'm now a 36G...wtf? lol

It has been forever since I have been on here! I am so happy for all of you that are still continuing to melt away! :drool:

I have lost 47 pounds and am soooo excited to hit that 5-0 mark! :blink: Some of my recent NSV's are:

1.) Airplane ride to Santa Barbara... NO problem sitting in the seats! I even had a little extra room!

2.) I bought my first pair of Seven jeans... size 14! Suuuuper excited! I was up to a size 20 b4 surgery!

3.) I no longer wear an XL just a L and let me tell you I lovvve every second of it!

4.) The guy I'm dating was like "WOW, you've lost a lot of weight!"

5.) I went shopping in this little boutique called Divaz and totally fit into their L size dresses.... again very excited bc I use to never be able to shop in those boutiques.

6.) Being called "Tiny," "Skinny Minny," "Little."

I can wrap myself up in one of those obnoxious towels they give out at the gym, as opposed to the nice big bath sheets I use at home. You still might get a glimpse of bum, but mostly, I can be wrapped!

Here's a good one. I can feel my port now :sad: