Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hampton Roads/Peninsula thread

Good Morning, glad to hear everyone is doing well with their appointments. You're moving in the right direction.

Today I stepped on the scale. 75 lbs and 170's look out, cause here I COME! :-)

I love my new lapband life!

WAY TO GO! Keep on being a loser!:glare:

I need someone to help keep me motivated. I think we should plan a HR coffee date or something if we live close enough! I think it would be fun to bring our support group to a more personal level... what do you guys think?

I would love to do this! keamreeves and I have thought we should meet up. Let me know a time and a place!

I have been logging everything into SparkPeople and I really like that way of tracking. Today I am actually low on everything but I am full. I made an asparagus Soup for dinner that was so yummy and filling.

Okay guys I finally got an update for you. My paperwork is headed to Tricare first thing in the morning per Dr. T's office so lets now pray for a speedy turn around on my authorization.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Tricare approval????

My doc's office didn't submit for my Tricare approval until I completed all of the surgical prerecs. Once submitted, Tricare approval was given within a week.

Go to myTRICARE.com and create an account. You can then check the site every evening to see if you have been approved under "view authorizations and referrals" found on the left side of the web page after you sign in.

Blessings!

Did anyone have any problems with Dr. Terracina's office getting the paperwork to Tricare??

Keam, I'm almost 8 months out, and I've dropped 72 lbs. I have met Dr. T's goal for the year (he said I'm having bypass results) I am an obsessive exerciser, and he thinks that is probably why I'm losing so fast. But my personal goal is about 40 more lbs. If I lose 20-30 I will be happy, but would love to lose 40 more. Actually if I didnt lose another lb, it would still all be worth it. I'm really comfortable where I am. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14, and medium shirts. I started this at 254, and now weight 182. My ultimate goal is 140-145. 145 would be 37 more lbs. I'm losing at a pretty slow rate now, about 1 lb per week. I increased my exercise more, so this past 6 weeks I lost 12 lbs. So that's about 2 lbs per week. But.. overall, I feel great. I run 3 miles about 3-4 times per week, and ride my bike, and do aerobics. I try to add in weight training about 2 times per week, but sometimes I slack on that part. I always do my cardio, EVERY DAY! I asked Dr. T if he thinks I'll make my personal goal, and he said he thinks I'll pass it by far having dropped what I have in under 8 months. He said I really haven't hit a plateau yet or stopped losing. Even though it's been a slow loss for the last few months, I never really stopped losing. I'm just going to keep on trudging along. :-)

Congrats to you!!! That's SO MUCH hard work paying off! I am inspired by your exercise routine - I know that's what makes the difference and seeing yours motivates me to make myself do more! I am really impressed with your weight loss! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone I hope all is well in the bandster world. I just wanted to up date everyone. I got my approval and I am scheduled to be banded on June 4th by Dr. Terracina I am so excited after all the drama I thought this day would not come and now it is almost here and I am a little nervous. Well I hope to have an update soon if anyone can offer me some advice at this point I would really appreciate it.

Hi Keam, how's it going so far? Hope all went well with your surgery!

Hi Life, How's it going!!

Hello everyone things are going good. I was baned on 6/5/09 and I am down 12lbs so far. I have trying to walk everyday and getting down that Protein. I go back to work on Thursday after my follow up on Wed. I am ready to get back into the real world. When Dr. T puts me on soft/mushies what types of food should I be eating??

Hi Keam, When Dr. T puts you on mushys, he'll probably tell you the number one food that is perfect for that is CHILI! You will be in heaven! Wendy's Chili. It's loaded with Protein. Beef, Beans, cheese, etc... Also refried beans are great, yogurt, cottage cheese. Anything with a lot of protein that is soft. You can also make egg salad. Easy on that mayo. Use light. Susie says use mustard, but who the hell can put just mustard in egg salad? YUK! Anyway, I think it will actually be a little easier than you think. You will be so happy to have real food and not just liquids. You can still stick with your Protein Shakes, etc..Although, you'll stay fuller on soft and mushy foods. tuna salad, chicken salad. I ate a lot of yogurt. Oh, and cheese. You can have cheese. HOORAY! Glad to hear things are going well for you! Welcome to band land! You're on the road to great success. Congrats on the 12 lbs.

Hey! Checking in to see how things are going. Keam--YEA! on having the surgery. So how was it? How are you feeling?

I have just sort of been on auto-pilot the last month or so. Busy, busy, busy with the kids end of school and start of swim season. I enjoy staying busy but it keeps from checking in online sometimes.

I did make a big OOOPSIE! I had my 3rd appointment with the nutritionist at Dr. T's office on Friday and I completely forgot about! I actually remembered it on Wed and Thurs and made the mental note to not forget it. Then we had a pipe leak in the kitchen Thursday night and we were up late cleaning up. I was so bleary Friday morning I completely forgot my appt. Didn't even remember until Saturday. I will call tomorrow and beg for forgiveness (and pay whatever missed appt fee I have to) and reschedule.

My PCP is extremely supportive and I am seeing him monthly as required by my insurance. I am a little bummed because I initially discussed the surgery with him back in April when seeing him for something else. I was hoping he would use that as my first official consult date but he dated the first letter to Dr T/insurance in May when I had a weigh in. It isn't a huge deal, just delays me a month in completing the insurance requirements.

I have mostly just been pushing this all out of my mind. I am a do it now kind of person so the waiting would kill me if I didn't put it on the back burner and try to forget it for now.

I am so new to this and really need support. I was banded on Thursday 6/18 by Dr. Terracina. I am so hungry on these liquids. I spoke to a friend of mine who had gastric bypass 2 years ago, she said to drop an egg in boiling chicken broth... kinda making it egg drop Soup. Does anyone know if this is ok? Are there any other suggestions to releave the hunger pangs? I know that it is all mental but it is the worst. Can I have oatmeal w/splenda??? HELP

I hope one of you may be able to help me, I'm looking for a fill Doctor that takes Mexico patients. I use fill center USA (which I like) but they don't use fluro and I would really like to see what's going on in there.

Hi, Just checking in... How is everyone? Weight loss is slow at my end. I'm coming up on 80 lbs, but man I struggle for every one. I seem to be able to eat a little more now. I think I need a fill. I got one on 6/5 of .2, but it wasn't enough. Nothing.. I mean nothing gets stuck at all. Must be a sign I'm a little loose. My concern is that I'm at 8.5 cc in my 9 band. YIKES! I still get afraid I'm going to get to the max of my fill and that will be it.

Hope all the newly banded folks out there are doing well!