Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hampton Roads/Peninsula thread

How many more things do you have to get done before they can submit your paperwork to your insurance company?? I am still holding out hope that I can be done around May 21st.

Pretty much all of it! I still don't even have my official pre surgery weight since it was 5 lbs too low when I went for the seminar. So I have been working hard on that!:) I just got all the paperwork the office gives you done and got my 5 year history of weights copied and sent to me from 3 different offices. I will turn all of that in on Monday when I go to reweigh and do the computer test and I have to meet with the dietician.

I have to do a 3 mo "behavior Modification" plan for my insurance with dr. supervised weight loss, dietician visits and exercise. But I really can't exercise since I can't stay on my feet for longer than a few minutes so I have to see how my dr works that out.

So the minimum that I have is the 90 day plan to satisfy the insurance requirements. And in that time I will also do the things that the WLSC requires. I actually saw my dr about 2 weeks ago and we discussed all of this so I am wondering if I can actually count that as the beginning of my 90 days.

Well hang in there and I will keep you posted on my progress which seems like it is going to go on forever. Just when I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel now I feel like I am being pushed back further. I will try to keep the faith and know that if it is meant to be it will be.

Well I pretty much have everything happening this week! I had my reweigh yesterday (and made the 40 BMI!) and took the computer test and met with the nutritionist. Today I went to the Center for Metabolic Health (Dr. Clarks other WL place) and got set up for Exercise Classes to meet my insurance requirements.

When I got home there was a message that Dr. T had reviewed my chart and passed his requirements so I called and set up a one on one with him on Friday. Then I was able to get my psych eval scheduled for Thursday! That is just about everything in one week!

But after this week it will just be a waiting game. I have to do 3 month of diet/exercise/behavior mod for my insurance before I will even know if they approve me. I think that puts the earliest I could have surgery at about August or September.

That sounds great you have everything all ready to go I however am still waiting on Dr. Harry Cole to send my psych eval report to Dr. T. I was told by the office he is very busy but I told them he was not too busy to collect 3 co-pays from. I am so frustrated right now it is driving me crazy. You will probably have yours done before me at this rate and it is making me have second thoughts about the procedure. Maybe it is a sign I shouldn't have it done. Well maam good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey.

That sounds great you have everything all ready to go I however am still waiting on Dr. Harry Cole to send my psych eval report to Dr. T. I was told by the office he is very busy but I told them he was not too busy to collect 3 co-pays from. I am so frustrated right now it is driving me crazy. You will probably have yours done before me at this rate and it is making me have second thoughts about the procedure. Maybe it is a sign I shouldn't have it done. Well maam good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey.

LOL! that is funny about the copay! Once you get the psych eval sent is there anything else you have to do?

I think I would be calling the psych office once or twice a day to "check on things" so that they get tired of you and hurry it along!

Girl I have been calling everyday I them a break last week but this I have called twice a day, faxed a letter to the doctor and mailed one also, but my hands are tied there is nothing I can do now but wait. I just pray he gets off his duff and gets the report done and the staff is no help at all they just keep saying the same thing "he has not given me an answer yet" . That is the last thing I am waiting on once that is done my paperwork can be sent to Dr. T's office and they can then forward it to Tricare. Does WDW luver mean you like Disney World?? I am a huge fan I am going for my 7th time this July if I can get my surgery done in time. Lol !!!

That is my next step, but I will give them or should I say him (Dr. Harry Cole) a few days. I am trying really hard not to act like a crazy person so we will see what happens by the end of the week. Trust me I want this very much and as soon as possible so I am not going to give up despite how frustrated I am right I was so up set my husband even called the office.

I had to get a little "crazy" with my psych office as well. When I saw the Dr. I explained that I was trying to get everything in by a certain date to send to insurance which would hopefully have my approval and surgery date scheduled for a certain time period.

She assured me she would have the paperwork to Dr. C's office by the time specified and of course I called the next day and it still wasnt there.

I called back to the office and they tried to give me some crap about it taking up to 10 days to process. I informed them that the Dr. had assured me personally that it would be faxed by "X" date. If it would not be sent at that time then it was highly unprofessional of her to tell me it would. I went into a nice mini speech about professionalism toward patients and the fact that my time was just as valuable as theirs.

It was faxed that afternoon :biggrin:

After all this mess the the psychlogist at Dr. T's office denied the eval from Dr. Cole so I now have to see one of the doctor their office works with, but thankfully they can see me on Friday at 1:00pm so there is still a chance that I can get things done by the end of May. Agian wish me luck!!!

. Does WDW luver mean you like Disney World?? I am a huge fan I am going for my 7th time this July if I can get my surgery done in time. Lol !!!

Yep! I am a huge Disney fan and spend most of my online time on a Disney message board. I have made some great friends there and we usually go for a Girls Only Week in the fall. But this year all the "fun" money will be going towards this surgery. It is all good though. I have had to do the last few years in an ECV--I want to be walking through Disney next time I go. Actually I want to be dancing!

After all this mess the the psychlogist at Dr. T's office denied the eval from Dr. Cole so I now have to see one of the doctor their office works with, but thankfully they can see me on Friday at 1:00pm so there is still a chance that I can get things done by the end of May. Agian wish me luck!!!

Oh no! That stinks! Why did they deny it? Glad you got another one quick. I have mine tomorrow and I meet with Dr. T on Friday.

They denied it because Dr. Cole "does no do a thorough eval for bariatric surgery" even though his receptiontist told me "oh he does those all the time for WLS patients" which was a complete lie because WLS said they had another patient who went to Dr. Cole and Dr. Reese denied her eval too. I am hoping this does not set me back too far. I see Dr. Hall tomorrow and was told she should be able to have something to them by Monday, but you live and you learn and I will just keep pushing forward until I reach my ultimate goal. I will keep you posted on my progress. What psych doctor are they sending you to see??? I am a WDW lover too and I scrapbook too so it all goes hand in hand. The next time you go you will be dancing your way through all four worlds of disney. Good luck with everything you will probably be going before me to get banded so you may have advice for me.

Keam, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. My process was frustrating too. It's worth it, keep trugging along and just be determined to get it done. You'll be happy in the long run.

I am seeing Dr. Hall today! In about an hour and a half in fact. I will check in later and let you know how it went.

We may need to meet for coffee or something--sounds like we have a lot in common, I scrapbook also! We may end up meeting in one of the classes or support group meetings. I still have to do the 3 mo diet program for my insurance so the earliest I could be banded is around August so you will probaby be before me. Once you get all your paperwork in and get your insurance approval they said he can schedule you pretty quick, usually only a few weeks.

Off to get my head examined!:thumbup: