Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

sounds like you are doing great. i had very little pain after surgery. sometimes nausea can be if you dont have enough liquid so make sure you are getting your fluids in (i know its hard)

Hi guys, I went for my barrium swallow on monday and the radiologist showed me the results right there on the spot, when he told me to swallow it went onto the pouch and stayed right there. after 3 or four sips, it started to back up into my esophogus, about half way up he said stop, cause it wasn''t going anywhere, then he showed me a thin black line the size of a thread literally a piece of thread, and said that was the opening to my stomach... so

barb the np took out .4 cc and i'm still tight and having heart burn. they said to give it a few days and see if the esophogitis gets better. so my next appt is the 2nd of june. my motto is "find your sweet spot, cause this sucks" lol...........

Sorry Vicki hope it gets better for you. Are you coming to the meeting tonight?

Rain

wish i could, my boyfriends grandson is leaving for L.A in the morning and we are all going for dinner, ugh! hopefully i'll see you at the next..where is everyone, i don't see anyone on line anymore....

Yeah, where is everyone. Cant be good can it?????

not so much...............

Vicki,

Our stats are sooo close. I weigh 9lbs more than you and had my surgery two weeks after you. So close to onderland cant wait!

(that is if your stats are current)

Rain

I received my application from BGH. I got most of it filled out but I need some dates from my PCP files (because I can never remember dates) so I called his office today and requested my complete chart to be copied so I can make sure everything I need can be sent together (whats that saying "if you want something done right, do it yourself":rolleyes2:)

I really want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I send in my application and hopefully that will save me time in the long run, plus I would feel much better having my chart handy so I can make copies if I need them.

I am trying not to get too excited but I really want and need this surgery:thumbup:

Everybody keep your fingers crossed for me

Good idea because believe me before this is over they will have definately lost something. Best to have a backup just incase.

Im pretty sure the support group meeting starts at 6.

P.S. Where's Judy, China and Bloom? and Bigurlx and everyone else thats missing???

Hey Rain...Hey All!

I'm here lurking around :-) Been trying to deal with a little gastritis (have to do a swallow test this friday) but I plan on being at the group meeting tonight. I think China will be there too. I'll give her a call to find out.

Hope to see you all tonight!

Hey bigGurl cant wait to see everyone tonight

I'm going to be at the meeting tonight. I can feel the restriction and it's good too. We had a small party for my boss.. First time grandma. I had half a small baked potato (no skin) and four/five bites of a tossed salad loaded with veggies. I was content and happy.

Really great fill this time around, I want this to last a long time over the whole summer.

Vicki,

Our stats are sooo close. I weigh 9lbs more than you and had my surgery two weeks after you. So close to onderland cant wait!

(that is if your stats are current)

Rain

Rain, I also was noticing your stats and was wondering if yours were current. it is ironic isn't it, how close we are considering we were done 2 weeks apart! Cool, i'll keep an eye on you and see of we stay on track..good luck!:cursing:

OMG... I didn't make the meeting last night as some of you know who were there. So this is what happened.

I get out of work and head over to pick my son up at school after track pratice. He gets in the car and tells me he's not feeling so well. We start heading home and just almost there I hear this gag noice and long and behold he throws up all over the dash board, windshield, me and himself...... I had to make an emergency stop to the side of the road........ OMG we get out of the car and I started gaging so bad and nothing in my pouch it was horrible the tears just ran down my face. My son was so up-set. He's 17 and was really trying to help me. What I can guess is he drank to fast and to much Water after working out that it shocked his system and he lost it all.

So after we got home we ended up having to clean up the car and air it out all night. It was not fun at all.

Cynthia, What happened to you and your son last night must have been aweful !! sorry we missed you , it was nice to see some of the old bandsters there, Val, Rain, Loraine, BigGirlx etc.. Hope to see you at the next one.. You missed a good one.. Barb was there and she was awesome !!

shar