Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Thank you glad I found this site,Dr Posner will be by doctor now I dont know much about him but Iam sure he is as good as the rest of the team.

Wish I would have known about this site months ago would have enjoyed the Delaware park walk on Saturday mornings always next summer.

I recently joined the gym does anyone else belong to a gym?.

Thank you glad I found this site,Dr Posner will be by doctor now I dont know much about him but Iam sure he is as good as the rest of the team.

Wish I would have known about this site months ago would have enjoyed the Delaware park walk on Saturday mornings always next summer.

I recently joined the gym does anyone else belong to a gym?.

7_5_127.gif I am unable to do the gym cause of knee and back problems, but I do aquatic therapy at a pool at greenfield nursing home in alden, love it!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

What about the support group meetings at BFLO General once a month have you been to any of those meeting?

The next one is next Weds Sept.17 I was thinking about going.

actually, I have not been to one, and I would love to go and meet everyone, so I'll see what going on wed the 17 and maybe abunch of us could meet. do you live in the city or the suburbs?

there ya go, I think they meet at 8:30.. there are two or three, but don't remember who. they'll log in shortly i'm sure. Gotta go for a while, I'm starving..talk to you soon jen.....vicki

Think I might just meet you guys there Saturday if the weather permits us to walk.

Where excatly does everyone meet at and is there anyone else in the North Bflo area who is willing to walk or excerise more then just on Saturdays?

I love that this thread continues to get new peeps in it, welcome Jen! And of course I still love reading everybody's stuff and how inspirational and supportive everyone is...LLL, Judy, Linda, band, etc. Sorry, I'm all sorts of emotional right now.

China---I'm also a "bigger" bandster and I did really awesome on SB (like most people). They asked me to lose 50 lbs., probably to "test" me, and I lost 40 or so and they were bouncing off the walls up there. You'll be totally fine...phase 1 really sheds the fat just like it claims. I'm back on it as we speak in prep for my Monday surgery.

THAT IS IF IT HAPPENS....guess what, friends? I went for my final weigh in yesterday, all anxious about my weight---lost 2 more lbs. (woot) then stuck around in the room waiting for Barb. Now, I don't know about you guys but I feel like I'm part of a family up there, so used to Malissa and Marietta and Barb and even Jeanne---and when they change something up, I get thrown. I was supposed to see Barb but saw... Lauren? I can't even remember her first name but her last name was Schmidt (which was easy, since that's my last name). Nothing against her, of course, but she didn't know me she didn't know what was up. Anywho, she starts asking me if I was sick when I did my preop testing. I told her no, not at all. I say that the worst that could MAYBE be going on is that my ear is clogged and maybe there's an infection brewing.

Long story short---my white blood cells are elevated, 11.4 and they're only supposed to be up to 10.8 or something. My doctor cleared me with those numbers, they refused the clearance, they sent my doctor a new form, my doctor cleared me again because I guess my normal count is elevated, they refused it AGAIN. So I had to go for another CBC this afternoon, and I have to go to my doctor tomorrow morning (disrupting my day at school) to have her clear my ear, which is the only way for all of this to still happen especially if my CBC still comes back elevated.

I'm sorry to dump all of this on you guys, and I understand the risks because this is "elective surgery," but I have come so damn far, even to have Dr. Hoffman tell me in an email that he's not worried about moving my liver---he's never had an issue with anyone no matter how large the liver was--to be stopped by a few extra white blood cells. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm having a bad feeling about all of this, and that my surgery is going to be postponed.

I cried at the center yesterday, I completely went hysterical in the car, it just doesn't seem fair and I don't know what to do. I haven't gotten my CPAP today because I figured why rush if it's not going to even happen.

This just sucks.

Is it me or was the week before the surgery more stressful then the actual surgery?

I was given the same run around about my white blood count being elevated,sent me back and forth for blood work which my blood work finally came back fine dr says I must have had some sort of infection I did'nt know about when I had my first blood work done.

Then my primary MD thought she saw an abnormal EKG so I was sent for a stress test which came back ok then they thought they saw a lump on my lung when I had my CT so BFLO General sent me for a "stat" CT which came back fine and then to top everything off my Primary MD never sent over my medical clearance the day of my last visit before the sugery needless to say the week before the surgery between running back and forth to the drs and missing work Iam just glad its all over with.

bloom its all gonna be alright we all are praying and its gonna be fine every one say amen.

LLL it was so nice to met you u look great i must say. and very upbeat i cant wait to feel that way to. im so jelious. will call you some time tom. or you call me when you have a chance. i started reading the sb book and i think i can do it. seems just like the zone.

question when you went on the sb or anyone did you get the urge to eat every thing before you started. gonna start on monday that gives me a chance to get all the stuff i need of the wk. i feel good about it but, going to give it my all. this is a test of faith for me also to prove to myself that i really want this does that make sence.

welcome jen i to live in north buffalo, what part do u stay. me right by starbucks and targets. and yes i plan to start walking on monday i will send u my number and we can start walking durning the week and anyone else that wants to. also what gym do u go to? me the y.

i noticed that is always easier when you have a partner or someone that is going through the same thing u are.

I love that this thread continues to get new peeps in it, welcome Jen! And of course I still love reading everybody's stuff and how inspirational and supportive everyone is...LLL, Judy, Linda, band, etc. Sorry, I'm all sorts of emotional right now.

China---I'm also a "bigger" bandster and I did really awesome on SB (like most people). They asked me to lose 50 lbs., probably to "test" me, and I lost 40 or so and they were bouncing off the walls up there. You'll be totally fine...phase 1 really sheds the fat just like it claims. I'm back on it as we speak in prep for my Monday surgery.

THAT IS IF IT HAPPENS....guess what, friends? I went for my final weigh in yesterday, all anxious about my weight---lost 2 more lbs. (woot) then stuck around in the room waiting for Barb. Now, I don't know about you guys but I feel like I'm part of a family up there, so used to Malissa and Marietta and Barb and even Jeanne---and when they change something up, I get thrown. I was supposed to see Barb but saw... Lauren? I can't even remember her first name but her last name was Schmidt (which was easy, since that's my last name). Nothing against her, of course, but she didn't know me she didn't know what was up. Anywho, she starts asking me if I was sick when I did my preop testing. I told her no, not at all. I say that the worst that could MAYBE be going on is that my ear is clogged and maybe there's an infection brewing.

Long story short---my white blood cells are elevated, 11.4 and they're only supposed to be up to 10.8 or something. My doctor cleared me with those numbers, they refused the clearance, they sent my doctor a new form, my doctor cleared me again because I guess my normal count is elevated, they refused it AGAIN. So I had to go for another CBC this afternoon, and I have to go to my doctor tomorrow morning (disrupting my day at school) to have her clear my ear, which is the only way for all of this to still happen especially if my CBC still comes back elevated.

I'm sorry to dump all of this on you guys, and I understand the risks because this is "elective surgery," but I have come so damn far, even to have Dr. Hoffman tell me in an email that he's not worried about moving my liver---he's never had an issue with anyone no matter how large the liver was--to be stopped by a few extra white blood cells. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm having a bad feeling about all of this, and that my surgery is going to be postponed.

I cried at the center yesterday, I completely went hysterical in the car, it just doesn't seem fair and I don't know what to do. I haven't gotten my CPAP today because I figured why rush if it's not going to even happen.

This just sucks.

bloom, I'm so sorry your stressed, my white cells were also elevated, and they just asked if i had something minor going on and i said just some sinus stuff from allergies and they said o.k. and put me through, so i'm shocked to here all this stuff with you and jen that you had to have repeat blood work and all. but with such a low number, I can't imagine they will cancel, so go get that machine or they just might. good luck and don't worry, jen is right the week before surg is more stressful than the surg itself.....vicki

bloom its all gonna be alright we all are praying and its gonna be fine every one say amen.

LLL it was so nice to met you u look great i must say. and very upbeat i cant wait to feel that way to. im so jelious. will call you some time tom. or you call me when you have a chance. i started reading the sb book and i think i can do it. seems just like the zone.

question when you went on the sb or anyone did you get the urge to eat every thing before you started. gonna start on monday that gives me a chance to get all the stuff i need of the wk. i feel good about it but, going to give it my all. this is a test of faith for me also to prove to myself that i really want this does that make sence.

welcome jen i to live in north buffalo, what part do u stay. me right by starbucks and targets. and yes i plan to start walking on monday i will send u my number and we can start walking durning the week and anyone else that wants to. also what gym do u go to? me the y.

i noticed that is always easier when you have a partner or someone that is going through the same thing u are.

china, yes i did want to eat everything and in weight watchers it is called "the last supper" because you know you will not be able to eat like that anymore so you try and stuff all your favorites in before you cant. its normal, talk to ya later...

china, yes i did want to eat everything and in weight watchers it is called "the last supper" because you know you will not be able to eat like that anymore so you try and stuff all your favorites in before you cant. its normal, talk to ya later...

China, what are you doing up at 4 am.?

Wow what a chat fest we have going on here!

Jen-and everyone else- we meet at 8am at what used to be the juicery It is now a pizza place. It is where the barricades are that stop cars from driving any further into the park. Someday I will learn what street it is. Val Judy, Nikki and I walked last week. It varies. The time goes so fast when you are with friends.

BandofGold - where do you find the reciepes for SB? I always get the site that wants you to sign up for the program and cost money monthly.

Bloom - how awful for you with the added stress and probably worrys that something is wrong. Now I am concerned. My pre op is the 29th! I am worried my blood glucose will be too high but hopefully they will take into account I am a diabetic. I had to go off hormones for the month before surgery and that is increasing my anxiety. The other night watching the four year old singing on America's got talent I was bawling like my dog died. My husband told Dr. H it is going to be a long month!:unsure: I am sure everything will work out. I will be praying for you.

Hope to see you guys at the support meeting!

hi bandofgold,

u funny why am i up at 4am that is how i sleep i dont require as much sleep as others. for real my baby is sickly and i constantly have to check the machine plus im a light sleeper. sleep about 6 hrs a day and i work at night that is when i get off. u know us with sleep ap dont sleep girl at least i dont.