Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Lap-Band buddies in Florida!!!

Hi everyone, I just found this link. I was banded Aug. 04 and have lost about 110lbs so far. I live in Palm Bay, (brevard county) and I used Dr. Grossbard. He is a God send!!!! I love him and his staff.

Hi Cindy,

WOW-You are fantastic! Were you banded in 2005 and lost that much that fast? I feel like a failure in comparison-I was banded 07/05/05 by our favorite Dr. Grossbard and have lost around 50 pounds. I am almost halfway to my goal. I have been having a hard time lately staying on track-at least I'm not overeating a lot of the wrong stuff-just nibbles of the bad stuff. I haven't lost anything for a couple of months. I realize this is a journey to last a lifetime. I want to get motivated and start walking so that my metabolism kicks in high gear. Just having trouble with the head not able to get in the mood. I've done it before and I know what it takes.

I'm flying to Seattle to attend their Bash and hopefully that will be the motivation I need.

Let's keep in touch,

Denice

Denice, Even though Cindy has done an exceptional job, she was banded I believe in August 2004. Not just 5 months ago. LOL LOL :0) Chin up your doing great!

At Least I think that is right;)

*blush* I thought it was August of last year as well.. I was about to get all kinds of excited about the next 6 months! *laughs*

So, Cindy.. do tell. How good does it feel to be 110 pounds lighter? I'm guessing it's more than wonderful. Have you been exercising and have you had any problems with loose skin?

I do feel like a different person... no, I feel like I did when I was in my 20's before I gained all my weight. I do exercise and have been in a couple of 5K walk/runs in the area. Ron is not my husband, that is the other Cindy Masters, we are friends and get confused by alot of people, she also has a daughter named Rachel... it is so funny... It has almost been 1 1/2 years since my surgery... (it is hard to believe), so Keep up the good work... it does take a while to come off. Like they say... we did not put it on over night... so it will take time to come off, but do exercise... that REALLY helps... even just walking... I love to go over to the Melbourne causeway and walk over that... ( our only mountain!!).

Cindy- if you want to meet and do the causeway, let me know. I usually walk it on Monday mornings around 8 or 9---Heather

I live in South East Florida, Highland Beach. Just moved here from Connecticut in July and no I wasn't here for Wilma, ha, ha,. I happened to be out of town that weekend, but I went right over the top of us...

Anyway, I am having surgery next thursday by Dr. Rumbaut in Monterry, Mexico. Looking for anyone in my area who wants to hook up.....

Donna

I am new to Tampa. I am looking for a workout buddy, or just a fellow (soon to be for me) bandster that I can have coffee and Water with! I live east of Town and Country. I would love to have someone I can ask questions of!! PM me! Thanks!

Amy

Hi All,

I am officially a Banster! Just got back from Mexico last night. The worst part of the experience was the flights... I thought they would never end.

I love Dr. Rumbaut and his staff. I told him there was no way he would live up to his reputation.... HE DID>

I am uncomfortble, but all in all I am doing well.

:nervous :)d

Guest TAMMYBRANT

:help: Has Anyone Heard Of Medicaid Covering Lapband? I Have A Heart Problem And Thats Why Im On Medicaid And Not Regular Insurance. Noone Will Ecept Me. Please E-mail Me At tfriskibear@aol.com

Tammy

Hi! I live in Longwood, just north of Orlando. Banded in May 2005 by Dr. Kim in Celebration, Fl. I have lost 81 lbs and have 40 left to go. Have been cheating alot this year....but am trying to behave. You have done fabulously!!!!! Deb

Hi Debby, I live in Apopka! I used Dr Grossbard in the Tampa area as he was covered by my insurance. Thank goodness I love him and his staff because I hate the drive over there! I am starting all over with my band. It was one year Oct the 4th that I was banded and I am ashamed to say I am heavier than when I started! Eating disorder and not wanting to give up control and let the band work. Can you say...THERAPY? Ya think? Ha! So that is me neighboor. Maybe we can meet sometime for a lttle coffee talk?

Hi! I live in Wekiva and my sister lives in Bent Oak! I was going to suggest we meet at Chilis in Apopka, but is that counter productive? Deb