Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Lap-Band buddies in Florida!!!

I am a newbie..will be banded 9-26-05 by Dr Grossbard. I live in Orlando and would really like to get to know some of you, perhaps we can go to the Bandster Bash that they hold here. I do not know that much about it , but it sounds like a fun way to meet alot of nice people! So lets chat! Has anyone else used Dr Grossbard, and what did you think?

Jo Ann, I'm Still Waiting For My Surgery Date, But It Will Also Be With Dr Jawad. What Was/is Your Experience With Him? Any Info Would Be Very Helpful. I Am Going With Him Because He Came Recommended By My Mother-in-law. She Is The Cno At Ocala Regional & West Marion. It's Great To See Someone Else Who Has The Same Doc.

Hi Heather,

Alls I can say is Dr. Jawad is absolutley wonderful!! He's a great surgeon and his staff is excellent. Though it can be trying sometimes to get a hold of them on the phone, I find it easier to contact them through e mail. He has a support site of his own if your interested. The only thing is not a lot of the lap banders communicate on there. There's about 5 or 6 of us that talk on there, it's mostly the RNY patients on there. He knows his stuff. If you want to know about the pre op stuff and post up stuff, just drop me a line. Raazzberry@cfl.rr.com

Jo Ann

Hey Terrilen, I'm in Wesley Chapel about an hour from Orlando. The bash is at the HardRock Hotel on October 1st in Tampa. It's starts at 10am and goes till 10pm. It's like $75.00 I believe. I'm probably going to go. Email me if you Want Robin2463@aol.com

Hi Terrilen,

Dr. Grossbard and Dr. Rehnke did my band on 7/5/05. I love my surgeons and their staff. You must be getting so excited as your big day draws near. Whatever you do, don't worry! There is no need for that. Just get ready for your journey for a better life with good health and happiness. Hope you can be at the Bash-You will probably get voted the newest Bandster! When I went to the Tijuana Bandster Bash for Labor Day weekend there was a big 12 year old girl there that had been banded on the Friday of the Bash. She was dancing, etc. Many of us Mother Bandsters were frowning a little. Her own Mother was there and was also Banded a year before. What do you think of a 12 year old getting banded? It would help her feel better about herself and teenage years are just around her corner...Kids can be so cruel and it is so hard to feel self confident when dealing with obesity. Probably her surgeon did a pscyhological background check on her to make sure she was suitable for such a drastic lifesyle change.

Wishing you a Quick Recovery,

Denice

Hi Denice, It's great to hear from someone who used Dr. Grossbard! I have my pre-op appointment tomarrow and then the big day is the 26th! I am excited! I am starving on this Optifast diet... kinda makes me nervouse, I hate to think that I will be hungry after surgey. I don't know if I will be going to the bash this year since it is so close after my surgery. I know me and I would want to dance and party like a crazy person, so next year for sure! Thanks for making me feel good about the upcoming event. Take care and have a fun at the bash if you go!

Hello. just banded on 9/20/2005 I live in Daytona Beach Fl . I am hoping to hear from anyone with some good advice . best to you all

Guest Orlando-bando

Hi, I'm new to all this. What's the BANDSTER BASH? I live in Orlando and was banded 7-26-05 and am doing great. I went to Dr Jawad in Ocala; pretty amazing doc and staff:) Had my first fill yesterday - ewwwww

303/256/160-ish

I live in Orlando...well actually Apopka and will be banded on Monday! Had all the pre ops today. I'm using Dr Grossbard in Dade City. Congrats on your first fill....excuse the pun how does it feel? Ha!

Guest Orlando-bando

Hey Terrilen!

I had my fill and I thought it was icky:( Everybody said I was being a baby and I agree, but it's actually just a little stick, but it stays in for maybe 30-60 seconds and it's just . I felt ok afterwards and was able to drink Water to test the band and nothing came up; it was fine. I drank Clear liquids for 24 hours and moved to full liquids for a day and then to regular food. You're supposed to do mushy/soft before going back to regular, but I felt pretty good. You're going to LOVE your band:) You're going to feel pretty crummy for a week or so, and then you'll get your strength going and feel good. Make sure to WALK as soon as possible; I mean treadmill walking or outside, it helps a LOT. I couldnt really stand up straight for the first couple days and started on the treadmill after 48 hours; not for more than 10-15 minutes at first, but it's good coz you're getting some air into your lungs and this can help avoid pneumonia,etc. I was standing STRAIGHT up within a week and that's good coz you'll have 5 incisions. Not huge, but there... Did I mention you're going to love your band:rolleyes: GETTING your band is :think but HAVING it is . It's a powerful tool and you'll find you HAVE willpower that you didnt know you had. All the best to you and relax this weekend to gear up for Monday:)

HOW did you do that ruler/tickerfactory.com thing????

LAPBAND 7/26/05

303/256/160

Hello fellow Floridian Banders,

I had my surgery a few months ago - I highly recommend Dr Jawad. In case anyone is interested, Jo Ann, ca & I are going to get together occasionally for dinner - our 1st dinner willl be on 10/14 at the FL Mall in Orlando. We'd really love to meet some more banders - to share experiences, to offer support to each other, etc... Just email one of us for more info.

Trisha

Guest G8trChick

Hi, I am a newbie. I get banded 10/28/05. I am really looking forward to getting started on my journey to a new me. I am so glad I found this site. Seems like there is a lot of information and support here. Of course, I have my family, co-workers and my church supporting me too : )

God Bless!