Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Thanks Sandi, that does clear up the question of being nauseated. So its not like having a stomach virus where you are completely sick and can't think of food. Its more like if you over-indulge it will come back to bite you -- and you will feel the effects. Okay I think I got it. BTW, I looked over your blog -- AMAZING!!! You should be so proud. I am proud for you. cat:thumbup:

That's part of it- but the other part is you need to learn to eat slowly, take small bites and chew thoroughly to keep fod from "coming back to bite you" Glad you liked my blog- now check out the web site atLap Band Support, Lap Band Forums and Information and let me know what you think. I am really enjoying being able to "pay it forward" to the community that helped me reclaim my life.

Thanks Sandi, that does clear up the question of being nauseated. So its not like having a stomach virus where you are completely sick and can't think of food. Its more like if you over-indulge it will come back to bite you -- and you will feel the effects. Okay I think I got it. BTW, I looked over your blog -- AMAZING!!! You should be so proud. I am proud for you. cat:thumbup:

Sandi is spot on. I have yet to hurl but I have had that elephant on my chest a few times. Each time it wasn't what I was eating it was how: you have to chew and chew and chew; small bites. I carry a baby spoon with me to curb any chance of the skip loader and back haul consumption of days gone by.

Best to you all.

Was told about your site at my support group meeting last night and enjoyed reading the posts so joined up. I won't be 60 til November but close enough. I was wondering, since I didn't see it anywhere here, has anyone had any problems with their port moving? Mine has tilted sideways into the space between where my rib cage meets. Can't hug anyone cuz it makes it hurt. The Dr. didn't seem too worried about it but I don't like it much. My surgery was April 21st of this year and so far have had two fills, making my band 3cc's filled, and have lost 42 lbs. I seem to be able to eat most anything and have never experienced upchucking or nausea. I have to watch everything I eat as I could eat more than I do but I won't let myself. It's not always easy and I have screwed up once. It was enough to cure me ever doing that again. Had a side ache the whole night. Anyway, glad to have found your site. I am on the lapband co. site and was surprised to see this site is maintained by them also. Never saw it on the other site.:)

Was told about your site at my support group meeting last night and enjoyed reading the posts so joined up. I won't be 60 til November but close enough. I was wondering, since I didn't see it anywhere here, has anyone had any problems with their port moving? Mine has tilted sideways into the space between where my rib cage meets. Can't hug anyone cuz it makes it hurt. The Dr. didn't seem too worried about it but I don't like it much. My surgery was April 21st of this year and so far have had two fills, making my band 3cc's filled, and have lost 42 lbs. I seem to be able to eat most anything and have never experienced upchucking or nausea. I have to watch everything I eat as I could eat more than I do but I won't let myself. It's not always easy and I have screwed up once. It was enough to cure me ever doing that again. Had a side ache the whole night. Anyway, glad to have found your site. I am on the LAP-BAND® co. site and was surprised to see this site is maintained by them also. Never saw it on the other site.:ohmy:

Nice to have you posting here even if you are still a kid :). We are a bit slow getting back to one another but I guess that comes with the number of candles on the cake.

This is a good site if only to vent or inquire. For the serious stuff I typically point to the professionals, the ones who make a living for what they have studied, experienced, and find out.

I would tell your doctor that you are not really happy with his give-a-sh*t attitude when it comes to your pain. There are other doctors and you can take your money and time elsewhere.

God's speed to you in any case.

Was told about your site at my support group meeting last night and enjoyed reading the posts so joined up. I won't be 60 til November but close enough. I was wondering, since I didn't see it anywhere here, has anyone had any problems with their port moving? Mine has tilted sideways into the space between where my rib cage meets. Can't hug anyone cuz it makes it hurt. The Dr. didn't seem too worried about it but I don't like it much. My surgery was April 21st of this year and so far have had two fills, making my band 3cc's filled, and have lost 42 lbs. I seem to be able to eat most anything and have never experienced upchucking or nausea. I have to watch everything I eat as I could eat more than I do but I won't let myself. It's not always easy and I have screwed up once. It was enough to cure me ever doing that again. Had a side ache the whole night. Anyway, glad to have found your site. I am on the LAP-BAND® co. site and was surprised to see this site is maintained by them also. Never saw it on the other site.:)

Welcome tnpeg We are glad to have you join the group. Tell us a little bit about yourself. You will get lots of support here.

Was told about your site at my support group meeting last night and enjoyed reading the posts so joined up. I won't be 60 til November but close enough. I was wondering, since I didn't see it anywhere here, has anyone had any problems with their port moving? Mine has tilted sideways into the space between where my rib cage meets. Can't hug anyone cuz it makes it hurt. The Dr. didn't seem too worried about it but I don't like it much. My surgery was April 21st of this year and so far have had two fills, making my band 3cc's filled, and have lost 42 lbs. I seem to be able to eat most anything and have never experienced upchucking or nausea. I have to watch everything I eat as I could eat more than I do but I won't let myself. It's not always easy and I have screwed up once. It was enough to cure me ever doing that again. Had a side ache the whole night. Anyway, glad to have found your site. I am on the LAP-BAND® co. site and was surprised to see this site is maintained by them also. Never saw it on the other site.:)

Welcome to our site! Glad to have you join us.

I'm surprised your doctor hasn't expressed more concern about your port. It should not be causing you pain. Seems like he may not have anchored it well enough. I would think it'd be an easy fix if that's the case.

You're doing great with your weight loss!! Congrats!

[quote=tnpeg;1499970e. I was wondering, since I didn't see it anywhere here, has anyone had any problems with their port moving? Mine has tilted sideways into the space between where my rib cage meets. Can't hug anyone cuz it makes it hurt. The Dr. didn't seem too worried about it but I don't like it much.

Welcome. My port has been sideways from the get go, but it doesn't hurt. It only causes problems when I get fills. Luckily I've only needed 2.

for some reason, don't know why, I will get a feeling a nausea and my mouth fills with saliva. I know if I swallow, I will upchuck. So, I just excuse myself, go to the ladies. I find a cubicle and just spit until the feeling leaves me. No one is the wiser. I would suggest though that you go out for lunch with a very close friend and try something like a shrimp appetizer. If you are OK with that, make it the dish you have when out with groups. Eat very slowly and join in the conversation Nobody will know you are not consuming a lot of food.< /p>

Edited by Doddie63

Welcome, before I found 60+, I was on 50's thread. So, they were welcoming, we certainly can invite our "little sister" to join us here.:)

I have found that since I love crab cakes, I look for them on the appetizer menu. Then I have that and maybe some salad. I, also, try to use baby spoons to keep my bites small. :scared2:

Welcome again, Karen

Hi all,

I went to the my surgeon today for a slight, un-fill. He only removed .2 cc. He had me stand in front of the flouro and drink that nasty barium. It barely went down. I am very swollen and a little tight, ( per him). After taking out the bit he did, he had me go back in front, and watched the liquid go down. I feel better, and can actually keep liquids down. I have a return apt for Aug 11, he said we will be able to tell by then if it helps. (Or, to call earlier, if need be). I will be happy to be able to eat/sleep/ etc without reflux and pbing. I know for newbees this sounds bad, it was for a few days. That is why I went to my surgeon. Sunday/Monday were like nothing would stay down. :cursing: Today, is already better. I have to do a couple days of liquids to clear the swelling.

On a better note, the doctor said I am one of the success stories!!!!Yeah, Me! :wub:

I have been about 100 lbs. overweight for almost 20 years. Seems like when I quit smoking they just piled on and never left. I have three daughters, five grandkids and one great granddaughter. I have been married for 38 1/2 years and when my hubby retired from the military we settled in TN. Have lived all over the U.S. in my lifetime. As of this morning; I weigh on Saturday mornings; I'm 172 lbs. which makes my loss 46 lbs. My goal is 120 but will be happy as long as it's less than 150. I like to garden and work in the yard. I work 4 ten hour days a week and don't plan on retiring til I'm at least 65. Then I'd like to roam around the country seeing all the things I never got to when I was younger.

I have been about 100 lbs. overweight for almost 20 years. Seems like when I quit smoking they just piled on and never left. I have three daughters, five grandkids and one great granddaughter. I have been married for 38 1/2 years and when my hubby retired from the military we settled in TN. Have lived all over the U.S. in my lifetime. As of this morning; I weigh on Saturday mornings; I'm 172 lbs. which makes my loss 46 lbs. My goal is 120 but will be happy as long as it's less than 150. I like to garden and work in the yard. I work 4 ten hour days a week and don't plan on retiring til I'm at least 65. Then I'd like to roam around the country seeing all the things I never got to when I was younger.

My husband is retired military also. We are originally from NY state, then settled in WA state, but Boeing transfer took us to OK for 15 years, now we're back in WA. We have 2 sons, 2 daughters, 10 grandkids, 2 step-grandkids and 4 step-great grandkids! Truly BLESSED!! We are both retired and we're "Snowbirds", so we spend 6 months at home in our condo, and 6 months in CA in our motor home.

7_6_1.gif

Hi all, I went to the my surgeon today for a slight, un-fill. He only removed .2 cc. He had me stand in front of the flouro and drink that nasty barium. It barely went down. I am very swollen and a little tight, ( per him). After taking out the bit he did, he had me go back in front, and watched the liquid go down. I feel better, and can actually keep liquids down. I have a return apt for Aug 11, he said we will be able to tell by then if it helps. (Or, to call earlier, if need be). I will be happy to be able to eat/sleep/ etc without reflux and pbing. I know for newbees this sounds bad, it was for a few days. That is why I went to my surgeon. Sunday/Monday were like nothing would stay down. :rolleyes2: Today, is already better. I have to do a couple days of liquids to clear the swelling. On a better note, the doctor said I am one of the success stories!!!!Yeah, Me! :w00t:

You're doing GREAT!! Congrats on your success!! My doc's office is very encouraging about my success, too.

My husband is retired military also. We are originally from NY state, then settled in WA state, but Boeing transfer took us to OK for 15 years, now we're back in WA. We have 2 sons, 2 daughters, 10 grandkids, 2 step-grandkids and 4 step-great grandkids! Truly BLESSED!! We are both retired and we're "Snowbirds", so we spend 6 months at home in our condo, and 6 months in CA in our motor home.

7_6_1.gif

You're doing GREAT!! Congrats on your success!! My doc's office is very encouraging about my success, too.

We lived in Yakima for 5 years after my husband first retired but decided after all the years here that was where we wanted to be so came back and have never left. We did leave a daughter and two of our grandkids there wnen we left tho and that was sad as we haven't gotten to see them grow up. We are looking forward to the grandson's graduation next year tho and plan on attending. We are originally from Idaho (him) and Montana (me). Glad to meet you.

We lived in Yakima for 5 years after my husband first retired but decided after all the years here that was where we wanted to be so came back and have never left. We did leave a daughter and two of our grandkids there wnen we left tho and that was sad as we haven't gotten to see them grow up. We are looking forward to the grandson's graduation next year tho and plan on attending. We are originally from Idaho (him) and Montana (me). Glad to meet you.

We also lived in Oklahoma for four years during our time in service.

I was to Yakima back in 2000 for a multi-generational family reunion. It was a interesting place. I had no idea that it was dessert land. I have only been to the West coast that one time. Loved Oregon and the mountains, like Mt Rainer, etc..