Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

I was to Yakima back in 2000 for a multi-generational family reunion. It was a interesting place. I had no idea that it was dessert land. I have only been to the West coast that one time. Loved Oregon and the mountains, like Mt Rainer, etc..

Well, we're about to embark on our "winter trip" in about 10 days. We'll be taking the RV... first home to Buffalo NY for a family wedding and to see my Mom and other family on both sides. Then we'll go on to OK to visit friends there and finally on to CA for the winter. We'll be there sometime near the end of Sept. So... it's going to be a looooooonnnnggg winter!! Don't know how I'm going to like being away that long! But, it's so cold here when we come home too early in the spring.

I am celebrating being banded for two years today, and a new healthy lifesytle. Saturday is my real birthday so it's a double celebration. I could have never imagined that I would feel better on my 63rd birthday then I did on my 53rd birthday. I think having the Lap Band was the best birthday gift I ever recieved.

Happy bandaversary, and Happy birthday to you!!!!:tongue2:

I totally agree, surprising that we feel better at 62/63 than at 53. Keep going, yeah for us!!!:unsure:

I am celebrating being banded for two years today, and a new healthy lifesytle. Saturday is my real birthday so it's a double celebration. I could have never imagined that I would feel better on my 63rd birthday then I did on my 53rd birthday. I think having the Lap Band was the best birthday gift I ever recieved.

So very happy for you. I'm only a little over three months out and this gives me incentive for the future. Happy Birthday also.

Safe and happy travels, Phyl.

Karen - congratulations on bandiversary and happy b'day.

Joyce

I am celebrating being banded for two years today, and a new healthy lifestyle. Saturday is my real birthday so it's a double celebration. I could have never imagined that I would feel better on my 63rd birthday then I did on my 53rd birthday. I think having the LAP-BAND® was the best birthday gift I ever received.

HAPPY DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!!!!!

:unsure::party::tongue2::party::thumbup:

I am celebrating being banded for two years today, and a new healthy lifesytle. Saturday is my real birthday so it's a double celebration. I could have never imagined that I would feel better on my 63rd birthday then I did on my 53rd birthday. I think having the LAP-BAND® was the best birthday gift I ever recieved.

Spot on, kiddo! You are a living testimonial that lap-banding is just a tool; persistence and conviction made and continues to make your weight loss a reality. And the bonus is FEELING GREAT! There may not be such a thing as the fountain of youth, but I can't think of anything that has made me truly feel young again. 94 pounds -- 4.5 months post-op. Energy, strength, self-esteem, confidence -- all buried beneath layers of goo for too many years.

Yup. This is a great thing!

Will B Healthy - you are doing a wonderful job. Such great success. Congrats.

Joyce

KarenIn-Happy belated dual Birthday. Isn't it just great to be a healthier you and feeling so much younger.

Phyllser-Have a great time and a safe trip.

Will-OMG on your weight loss that is fantastic. Keep up the great work.

Now as far as I am concerned all is going great. I'm celebrating my 29th anniversary of my 39th birthday today (and with my lap band and weight loss I almost feel that age). Get to see if I get a fill on Thursday, right now though, really have to watch the amount I am eating as there isn't any restriction I can feel. Pretty much maintaining weight, I think, so hopefully this will trigger a fill.

To all hope you had a relaxing, enjoyable weekend and a not too stressful week.

KarenIn-Happy belated dual Birthday. Isn't it just great to be a healthier you and feeling so much younger.

Now as far as I am concerned all is going great. I'm celebrating my 29th anniversary of my 39th birthday today (and with my LAP-BAND® and weight loss I almost feel that age). Get to see if I get a fill on Thursday, right now though, really have to watch the amount I am eating as there isn't any restriction I can feel. Pretty much maintaining weight, I think, so hopefully this will trigger a fill.

Happy Birthday to another Leo! Hope you are having a great day. You are doing great, keep it up. Karen

Hi all,

Phyl take it easy on your trip. That sounds lie a long ride; we had thought about getting a travel trailer when we 1st talked about retirement. That soon went away. We retired to Florida instead.

Karen and all other Leo's happy birthday, I am one of you too. (Also another Karen).

I am on goal, going to the surgeon on Wed, think

I will ask for another unfill, to maintain. he gave me .02 2 weeks ago, and still lost 5 lbs. So I need more taken out to maintain, I think.

Best wishes and happy Sunday to all. Karen(kll724)

Well here I am, feeling like I'm 39, and was once again told by the doctor that I am no longer 18. My reply was, I'm not?!!!! (Hear the Lion roar ;>) Anyway, went for a fill on Thursday, and was scared that since I had lost another 2.5 lbs it would be yet another month. He wouldn't give me a fill last month as he thought I had lost more then a person does for my age. Don't know what changed his mind but he did fill a little more this time, don't know how much, as he didn't share the amount this time. I was just happy he did one.

So I guess for a young 68, contary to someone elses thoughts, I'm doing well with weight loss, as far as the doctor is concerned. Just want to be down more so that my elastic waist band jeans will fall off my hips before I have to buy more. I'm a tightwad. I'm even thinking about altering these so all my friends will stop complaining about them being so baggy. I just smile.

Well, all is well and sincerely hope it is for the rest of you. Have a good weekend and enjoy the healthier you.

Now as far as I am concerned all is going great. I'm celebrating my 29th anniversary of my 39th birthday today (and with my LAP-BAND® and weight loss I almost feel that age). Get to see if I get a fill on Thursday, right now though, really have to watch the amount I am eating as there isn't any restriction I can feel. Pretty much maintaining weight, I think, so hopefully this will trigger a fill.

don't understand why some doctors get hung up on what you can't do, rather than helping and supporting you through what you can and are able to do. I am so glad my doctor supported every one of my decisions along my journey (and he still does) so that I was able to reach for the stars- and succeed in touching them. I love my new life!:)

don't understand why some doctors get hung up on what you can't do, rather than helping and supporting you through what you can and are able to do. I am so glad my doctor supported every one of my decisions along my journey (and he still does) so that I was able to reach for the stars- and succeed in touching them. I love my new life!:)

Hi Sandi,

I just read your story. You are a beautiful Lady. You have an awe inspiring story, I only hope that 4 years out, I can say the same! I haven't written mine down, but can tell you, I met goal this week. Surgeon had me way tight, could not eat anything. But, he has now removed 1 1/2 cc's. I can eat and drink again. Now, I am scared of my new life, trying to maintain. But, reading your story and others like you, I feel braver. Thanks again. Karen (kll724).

Hi all. I'm just dropping in to say hi. It's my 4 year bandiversary and I couldn't be happier. I have lost over 120 lbs., am wearing a size 10, and have stayed at goal for 2 years. I just turned 68...wow I sure don't feel it. I'm doing all the things I didn't (couldn't) do at 58.

Hope you are all happy and successful and loving your band life.:)