Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Journal Thread

thur 17th

breakfast: Low Fat Natural Yogurt with Live Stuff (!?!) - I added blueberries and pumpkin and sunflower seeds

Lunch: chicken Caeser (sp?) salad (In Cafe) and a coffee

Snack: Scoop of Ben & Jerry's at the cinema with kids (Midterm Break here)

Dinner: nothin - have to rush to psychology class so will dwell on the evils of having the Ben and Jerrys later....

Damn, I blew it last night by eating half the 1/2 gallon ice cream. It's gone now, so I'm trying again today. I just looked at my old calendar, and I've only lost 12 pounds since last September. No more sugar, that's my goal.

Today:

coffee Cream 30

Whole Wheat Tort

Slice Cheddar

thursday the 17th:

3 cups of coffee with half and half and splenda and cinnamon

breakfast: 1 chicken quesdilla (lowcarb wrap, chicken breast tenders, sauteed onion, melted cheese) roughtly 1 cup.

snack: nada

lunch: 2 cups salad, spinach leaves, hard boiled egg, green olives, toms, cheese, ranch

snack: ??

dinner: ?? hot wings maybe

I love this thread (misery enjoys company...). It's great to see what others are eating in our Quest for wellness. Please keep the menus coming!

Thursday

Breakfast 9:45

Lowfat Yogurt

snack

Moz. Stick

lunch

1/2 c. rice

1/2 c. chicken with Veggies

2 Wontons

1 sugar donut chinese food thingy

1 fortune cookie "You are very sensible and have your feet on the ground"

dinner

chicken breast

1/4 c wild rice

1/2 c. Tomato Soup

cal:1208

Fat: 44

Carbs: 106

Protein: 89

You know what's so weird about doing this...if you would have asked me before I wrote everything down, I would have said that I way over did it. But in reality, I'm only at 1200 calories. I think I need my sense of reality checked.

Megan

[3 bites of Atkins Cheesecake]

Michelle....I have to ask, I am new to all this and I am just trying to figure out what to expect once I get the band..(IM ON MY WAY BAYBEEE!) Okay....THREE bites of an Atkins cheese Cake...is that all that you could eat because of the band or because the cheese cake was nasty tasting? I have never left a piece of cheese cake on my plate...unless it tasted nasty! :) This thread has been amazing to see for me. I know that my diet will be modified. Right now I am staring down the barrel of the liquid diet...I haven't received apprvl or a surgery date, but we will get there...But this thread reassures me that there is life after liquid diet!! THANK YOU ALL!!

Ummm... I have to ammend my daily journal because I just ate about two cups of chocolate ice cream. I don't know how it happened. I think I was kidnapped and forced to eat it. yeah, that's my story.

Total Calories after adding about 450 for the ice cream: 1600

Porclndoll the answer to that question is neither

I could of probably eaten more

But Iam trying to work with my band instead of making my band do all the work..And yes it tasted Damn good not nasty tasting at all but I did not need to eat the entire thing. I want my head to do some of the work. I even ruined the rest of the piece by pouring ketchup all over it so I would not pick at it.They tought me this in a behavior modification class I took years ago, to ruin what is left on your plate so you wont pick at it once you tell youself you are finished. I just needed a little taste to satisfy me not the whole piece like I would have done pre band. We were at dinner for my son's B-day and my meal came with the Atkins Cheesecake. We Went to TGIF's and they have this special where you get an appetizer, entree and dessert for 12.99. I ordered from the Atkins menu they now feature at TGIF's, my appetizer was a small green salad with low fat blue cheese dressing, my entree was teriyaki chicken breast with veggies and my dessert was the cheesecake

Gosh, this might be easier if we post a new thread for it each day. I have to keep looking to go back to last night to post my dinner.

Friday February 18

Breakfast:

One egg

Lunch:

Fish

Crab cake

Couple of Fries

No dinner, still full.

"You are very sensible and have your feet on the ground"

So Megan - those fortune Cookies really do know what they're talking about!! :D

I can't deal with not being able to edit my posts, so I'm dropping out of posting on this thread. Can we get the edit privileges back, Ms. Moderators?!?!

I have to change my days so much, I really don't want to post it 10 times each day... lol

(THAT is my story, and I'm sticking to it!! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the abysmal choices I occasionally (lately 99%!) make. Really. And today I have a whole birthday cake on my desk, so there really is no point in posting what I eat today... lol :) )