Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I've been told that I'll be able to eat more as time goes on- about a cup up to 12 oz. I'm still a newbie- only 7 weeks since banding. I totally agree about the amount of food we need to live- that's why I think I'll add a couple more smalll meals in order to get in the Protein and calories.

My BIL had LB surgery. I couldn't believe it when he told me his surgeon has coffee for Breakfast and lunch and eats only at dinner! I have to say I was shocked by that. Not just that this is all he feels like eating, but that he'd tell this to patients.

I've been told that I'll be able to eat more as time goes on- about a cup up to 12 oz. I'm still a newbie- only 7 weeks since banding. I totally agree about the amount of food we need to live- that's why I think I'll add a couple more smalll meals in order to get in the Protein and calories.

My BIL had LB surgery. I couldn't believe it when he told me his surgeon has coffee for breakfast and lunch and eats only at dinner! I have to say I was shocked by that. Not just that this is all he feels like eating, but that he'd tell this to patients.

Ok that make more sense 7 weeks out - The surgeon tells you bil to drink coffe only for bf & lunch and only eat dinner - I think I would report that doc :biggrin:

Sorry, I was unclear. He didn't tell my BIL to do it....the surgeon was lapbanded himself and he told my BIL that's what he (the surgeon) does. He's not hungry all day. Guess what- he's still a jerk. Who tells that to a patient. The surgeon is supposed to represent good health. If he's going to do his own thing....he should keep it to himself.

Hi everyone. What does you american cup relate to in ozs. I bought some cup measurements here in the UK, but they seemed so tiny. I cannot guage what you are eating to compare us.

Thanks

Ingrid

So today is my one week post op 'anniversary'. One of my main complaints the last few days is this lightheaded, dizzy, feeling like I am going to pass out feeling. It's happened the past 3 days and seems to be getting worse. Well today I was home when it happened and I took my blood pressure, it was 80/50!!! My pulse was 46. I promptly called my surgeons office and they referred me to my primary care to ask about dropping my blood pressure meds some. THEY TOOK ME OFF OF THEM!!!! ONE WEEK POST OP AND I AM ALREADY GOING OFF B/P MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled with that. Of course, I have to monitor it closely at home to be sure it doesn't spike back up, but she said that was way way too low. And if it does go up, I may need a weaker RX!!! I was hoping to get off them eventually but never dreamt at one week!!!!!!!!!

So today is my one week post op 'anniversary'. One of my main complaints the last few days is this lightheaded, dizzy, feeling like I am going to pass out feeling. It's happened the past 3 days and seems to be getting worse. Well today I was home when it happened and I took my blood pressure, it was 80/50!!! My pulse was 46. I promptly called my surgeons office and they referred me to my primary care to ask about dropping my blood pressure meds some. THEY TOOK ME OFF OF THEM!!!! ONE WEEK POST OP AND I AM ALREADY GOING OFF B/P MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled with that. Of course, I have to monitor it closely at home to be sure it doesn't spike back up, but she said that was way way too low. And if it does go up, I may need a weaker RX!!! I was hoping to get off them eventually but never dreamt at one week!!!!!!!!!

That's GREAT :biggrin:

Posted by lynnt1215

1 cup = 8 ounces

does that help?

That is a great help. No way would I get 8 ozs in any of the measures I have bought.

I will let you know how I measure up. Thanks very much

Ingrid

An American cup measure is a volume measure. One cupful of shredded lettuce does not weigh the same as a cupful of mashed potato. It doesn't mean 8 ounces in weight. A closer equivalent might be a teacupfull. A bone china tea cup. It is what they used to use.

Also 16 tablespoons. You could measure that into a container and mark it.

Hey everyone!! It's been a while since I have read the thread but looks like everyone is doing really good...:rolleyes2:

My nephew has been home from Iraq since May 29th and I've been spending all my spare time with him. Unfortunately he has to go back on Tuesday, but it's been wonderful having him home and spoiling him rotten!! We're doing a big cookout tomorrow night then he goes to Atlanta Sat. to see his Dad.:)

Gotta go and set the coffee pot for tomorrow!!! Keep up the good work!!!

i seem to think in volume, 8 oz. = 1 cup, now as you said a cup of lettuce is much less in weight than mashed potatoes.

Hi everyone! Well I guess I'm going to be the Grandma of this bunch at the age of 64. I am 3 weeks post op and have lost 15 lbs. Actually lost 19 and gained 4 back. Im hungry but havent had a fill yet. Go to the Dr on the 2nd of July. Hope for a fill then. So glad to see I have some friends here to keep me in line.

Hi Everyone, just wanted to say that I got my first fill yesterday.....piece of cake. I can't take in much at one time now. When I made my Protein Shake this morning it took quite a long time to get it all down and I was full. I am supposed to do liq pro for 2 days then pureid for 2 then soft for 2 days then back to regular foods. I had 1.5 cc added to my 10cc band. It made a hugh difference. Now maybe i can really start losing weight. Becky

Edited by beckn